• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldHare
    replied
    Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    Challenging stretch leading into the Summit Championship.

2/14 @ Omaha
    2/16 @ NDSU
    2/21 PFW
    2/23 USD
    3/2 Western Ill (If they haven't been eliminated by then, they could be fighting for the chance to play in Sioux Falls.)

Get through that stretch with no adversity, and we should be primed for the post season tourney. #1-0
    Omaha has a tough schedule with road games at Tulsa & Fargo & Denver. They also have SDSU, PFW, & WIU at Baxter. It would not be surprising to see one or both teams stub their toes before the SLT. The 1 extra game for the Mavs still makes it a slight favorite for the Jackrabbits to capture the #1 seed. It would be great to be at Baxter to watch this week. I am happy that Midco will make the trip. The largest crowd at Baxter this season was 2132. This one may bigger.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Last July, the Argus Leader ran a story (with national data collected by USA Today) about athletic revenue at universities. The story included revenue from ticket sales at SDSU and USD in 2017. The results:
    USD: $761,527
    SDSU: $4.6 million
    UND, NDSU and Omaha had the biggest sports budgets of the public schools in the Summit League.
    UND and Omaha because of hockey and NDSU football budget. USD has a real issue with getting people into the seats.

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

2/14 @ Omaha
    2/16 @ NDSU
    2/21 PFW
    2/23 USD
    3/2 Western Ill (If they haven't been eliminated by then, they could be fighting for the chance to play in Sioux Falls.)

Get through that stretch with no adversity, and we should be primed for the post season tourney. #1-0

I'm more worried about the road games this week than anything else. Omaha wants to prove they are a contender and probably want some payback for their loss in Frost. Also, the Jacks have not always played their best in Fargo. I'm sure they're looking for a reason to be happy with their basketball program up there and try to make it look like a good place for a new coach.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I had to laugh about the questions raised on USD's game-attendance. For years game attendance at Oral Roberts has been quire exaggerated. Maybe the Eagles were given the duty of counting noses at the USD game.

I watched much of the game (Midco replay) and my guess was about 600 total from what I could see. Since one cannot see the entire arena from the TV camera angles, one has to do some extrapolation to the portion of the arena that was not visible from the cameras.

It will be interesting to see reported gate receipts for the season. That information will be presented to the Board of Regents eventually and will end up in reports that will appear on the Regents' website.
    Last July, the Argus Leader ran a story (with national data collected by USA Today) about athletic revenue at universities. The story included revenue from ticket sales at SDSU and USD in 2017. The results:
    USD: $761,527
    SDSU: $4.6 million
    UND, NDSU and Omaha had the biggest sports budgets of the public schools in the Summit League.

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

2/14 @ Omaha
    2/16 @ NDSU
    2/21 PFW
    2/23 USD

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    No way there 1,800 people there. A few hundred, at most.
    I had to laugh about the questions raised on USD's game-attendance. For years game attendance at Oral Roberts has been quire exaggerated. Maybe the Eagles were given the duty of counting noses at the USD game.

I watched much of the game (Midco replay) and my guess was about 600 total from what I could see. Since one cannot see the entire arena from the TV camera angles, one has to do some extrapolation to the portion of the arena that was not visible from the cameras.

It will be interesting to see reported gate receipts for the season. That information will be presented to the Board of Regents eventually and will end up in reports that will appear on the Regents' website.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    It was reported 1847. The crowd seemed to be camera shy.
    No way there 1,800 people there. A few hundred, at most.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Maybe should have played a doubleheader yesterday. Might have had a better crowd. If there were 1800 there today then we had 6000 yesterday.
    If the Jackrabbit doubleheader was an indicator, the crowd would have evaporated prior to halftime of the men's game. The yote fans do not seem to support the new men's coaching staff yet. Injuries and defections have taken a toll.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Closer to 500 - it seems that both the fans and the team may be mailing it in as the season winds down.

ORU is playing without Nzekwesi again - due to the same ankle injury. They didn’t need him today though. Obanor has just killed USD in the paint and Kearns assaulted them from the outside. Those are two solid players.
    Maybe should have played a doubleheader yesterday. Might have had a better crowd. If there were 1800 there today then we had 6000 yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Closer to 500 - it seems that both the fans and the team may be mailing it in as the season winds down.

ORU is playing without Nzekwesi again - due to the same ankle injury. They didn’t need him today though. Obanor has just killed USD in the paint and Kearns assaulted them from the outside. Those are two solid players.
    I realize USD doesn't have great big man options, but I don't understand having Umude defending the post for the entire second half.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

5 games left for USD which include WIU@Macomb, UND@Vermillion, & Denver in Vermillion. Those teams appear to have an equal chance to miss SLT.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    How is crowd? 2000?
    It was reported 1847. The crowd seemed to be camera shy.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

Maybe 1000 in attendance. Not a good team to watch. Obanor from ORU is going to be Freshman of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    How is crowd? 2000?

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    USD is down 12 to ORU with 11 minutes to play.
    How is crowd? 2000?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X