• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied
    Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The story I have heard is an engineering mistake where the arena could not be any deeper which created lower ceiling and no center scoreboard.
    Should have had a SDSU grad do it for them! I realize Frost is older compared to every other arena I've been to. But I still like it. It really sucked not having the center scoreboard when you are used to it. "first world poblems"!

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    I agree with you on all the points. The only thing I would say about the arena is with the low ceiling it gets really warm u on the concourse level. I'm sure when they have "1800" there it is fine. Not at capacity though. I have no idea if it was a design flaw or lack of thermostat operation?
    The story I have heard is an engineering mistake where the arena could not be any deeper which created lower ceiling and no center scoreboard.

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

I do not doubt the sellout. There were a fair number of season ticket no shows that everyone experiences. Looking at the sections behind the teams and the corners of those sides one could see considerable gaps that I assumed would be filled for the men's game. The GA section on the home end was quite full and the student section was empty on the top half. However, the reference points were lost when the fans bailed early and I am not sure if the assumed season ticket seats filled for the men. It is too nice an arena to be so empty for a game against a conference leader.

Also, it would be a great transfer to get is Umude as he is a player.
    I agree with you on all the points. The only thing I would say about the arena is with the low ceiling it gets really warm u on the concourse level. I'm sure when they have "1800" there it is fine. Not at capacity though. I have no idea if it was a design flaw or lack of thermostat operation?

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    I was there, other than the student section it was realistically a sellout for the women. But we were all amazed too at the coyote fans that bailed on the mens team.
    I do not doubt the sellout. There were a fair number of season ticket no shows that everyone experiences. Looking at the sections behind the teams and the corners of those sides one could see considerable gaps that I assumed would be filled for the men's game. The GA section on the home end was quite full and the student section was empty on the top half. However, the reference points were lost when the fans bailed early and I am not sure if the assumed season ticket seats filled for the men. It is too nice an arena to be so empty for a game against a conference leader.

Also, it would be a great transfer to get is Umude as he is a player.

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

The yotes had some interest last week on Sunday as the women played. The 2nd game for the men was not so popular. It was very surprising that so many fans bailed before the tip for the men. The fans seem to have lowered their expectations for the MBB team. Injuries and player defections give Lee a bigger hill to climb.
    I was there, other than the student section it was realistically a sellout for the women. But we were all amazed too at the coyote fans that bailed on the mens team.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Does the Summit League just randomly schedule some games on Sundays, or do host schools have the ability to request Sunday games ?
    The yotes had some interest last week on Sunday as the women played. The 2nd game for the men was not so popular. It was very surprising that so many fans bailed before the tip for the men. The fans seem to have lowered their expectations for the MBB team. Injuries and player defections give Lee a bigger hill to climb.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Does the Summit League just randomly schedule some games on Sundays, or do host schools have the ability to request Sunday games ?

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    1800 was the reported attendance. They must count a full student section even if there is only 10 there
    Funny how it was a even number? I watched some of the game, even the "coyote den" or whatever they call it was not very full. It's their ball and their court so I guess they get to make their own rules?

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

1800 was the reported attendance. They must count a full student section even if there is only 10 there

This is the same school that for years had been reporting "10,000" for their large football crowds but recently publicly admitted the building's maximum capacity had been closer to 7,500 all along.

Thanks for the help though, USD. The Jacks now again have complete control of their Summit League destiny. This game is yet another fine example of how difficult road wins can be. If you can win 5 out of 8 you're going to be one of the top-2 seeds.

Leave a comment:

• Sodakbull
    replied

I think 180 people is a lot closer and that includes the players, their staff, the concession workers and the band.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
    Yotes up by 6 with 7:30 left and the place is EMPTY!

I am sure they will mess this up though.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

First time I've seen Fort Wayne. They are really perimeter heavy on offense. That can work on the home court, but is tough to take on the road and especially in Sioux Falls. The Jacks definitely like threes, but our scorers can also attack the basket. It doesn't appear FW has many players willing to do that other than Konchar. And they don't seem to be a great defensive team.

Leave a comment:

• Sodakbull
    replied

PFW looks like they are done. 85-71 1:09 left to go.

Leave a comment:

• Sodakbull
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    You get the feeling the Yotes are going to run out of gas. Hard to play with 7 rostered players. They apparently are dressing a women's practice team player to get another live body.
    That been their history this year. Don't think the crowd is big enough to pull them through it.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
    Yotes up by 6 with 7:30 left and the place is EMPTY!

I am sure they will mess this up though.
    You get the feeling the Yotes are going to run out of gas. Hard to play with 7 rostered players. They apparently are dressing a women's practice team player to get another live body.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X