• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002jack
    replied
    Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
    The problem lies within the accounting practices used as there are multiple ways to show certain numbers, much like a tax return. I look at corporate financial statements and tax returns often. Unless you are on the board or have it explained by the University, there is no way to truly know what each line item entails. I am not surprised the gate is lower, but by that amount is staggering.

There are also other line items that seem weird to me. SDSU doesn't get any money from sports camps and usd doesn't sell programs? Whenever I see even numbers on reports I take with a slight grain of salt as well knowing it is an approximation. I also notice a stadium lease of $2.5M a year for the Jacks. I was not aware of this. The biggest number to look at is SDSU brought in $4.5M more than usd last year.
    What would alarm me as a USD student is the amount of general activity fees and general funds used for a university with less students. It’s quite frankly out of control. It’s what the regents feared would happen at SDSU.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    P

Yes,that stadium lease line item confuses me.
    Bond payment maybe?

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

P
    Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
    The problem lies within the accounting practices used as there are multiple ways to show certain numbers, much like a tax return. I look at corporate financial statements and tax returns often. Unless you are on the board or have it explained by the University, there is no way to truly know what each line item entails. I am not surprised the gate is lower, but by that amount is staggering.

There are also other line items that seem weird to me. SDSU doesn't get any money from sports camps and usd doesn't sell programs? Whenever I see even numbers on reports I take with a slight grain of salt as well knowing it is an approximation. I also notice a stadium lease of $2.5M a year for the Jacks. I was not aware of this. The biggest number to look at is SDSU brought in $4.5M more than usd last year.
    Yes,that stadium lease line item confuses me.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

After learning that the dome has actually held 7-7.5k this whole time instead of the 10,000 claimed AND given the yotes history of iffy attendance and inflated attendance figures, none of this is surprising.

Leave a comment:

• JacksFTW
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    I've always thought this should get exposed more than it does by the media. That is a laughable comparison if you are anything associated with USD.

Last edited by JacksFTW; 02-21-2019, 07:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Or you could compare gate receipts.
    For example here is FY18: https://www.sdbor.edu/administrative...eticReport.pdf
    I've always thought this should get exposed more than it does by the media. That is a laughable comparison if you are anything associated with USD.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    or or you could compare it to the reported 3042 at your football playoff game where maybe 1200 were there in a stadium that’s new and holds 19,340. Not a great attendance for a playoff game in such a nice new stadium
    I would still take the 1200 over your big fat 0.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    So are gate receipts the season tickets and walk up ticket sales together or is there something missing on the USD total for that line?
    good Question! Don’t have answer. Also wonder why Mines is in the red and football numbers are higher than Black Hills. Both play in the RMAC and would spend a bunch for football travel. I suspect there is not much pressure from the legislature or even the BOR to cut programs.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    So are gate receipts the season tickets and walk up ticket sales together or is there something missing on the USD total for that line?

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

or or you could compare it to the reported 3042 at your football playoff game where maybe 1200 were there in a stadium that’s new and holds 19,340. Not a great attendance for a playoff game in such a nice new stadium

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

I know that as a graduate of USeD and a fan of the yotes that play in the DakotaDump, it's probably difficult for you to grasp the concept that 3,042 in a stadium that holds 19,340 is going to look pretty sparse. SDSU has been known to always report actual attendance, unlike USeD. Btw, how did USeD do in the playoffs?

Leave a comment:

• yoteforever
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    but but the official attendance was just under 2000.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Must be a fair number of people who pay to not watch USD.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
    Watched the highlights of usd’s game. Looks like less than 500 fans there. Not great for such a nice new arena

Leave a comment:

• westernjack
    replied

Watched the highlights of usd’s game. Looks like less than 500 fans there. Not great for such a nice new arena

Leave a comment:

Working...
X