• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied
    Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    I mean, it is the same exact way that every major basketball conference seeds their tournament...
    That's fine. I'm not really shook up about it. It just seems backwards to me. Let's move our focus to tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    I guess they look at it the other way than I do. We swept ORU. They value quality wins more than bad losses. Tit for tat deal I suppose.
    I mean, it is the same exact way that every major basketball conference seeds their tournament...

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    If a team is tied in the standings and head to head is tied as well, they look at each team's record against the next highest seeded team. If that's FW, Omaha beat them twice, we went 1-1. If that's NDSU, we both beat them twice, so then it would go down to the next seed which would be FW and again Omaha has the edge. The only way we get the 1 seed is if Omaha slips up against ORU or Denver. Pretty sure they locked in the 1 seed tonight. Thanks a lot NDSU (granted, we could have done something on our own about it and don't look like we deserve the 1 seed anyway). Now we'll likely have to face both FW and Omaha on the way to another SL title.
    I see what you guys are saying. It seems odd that there is no real punishment for losing to a "crappy" team. Per their rules.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

I must have missed it. Assuming SDSU and Omaha win out, why are we the 2 seed? We have a common loss to each other but our other loss is to a higher "ranked" team in FW than Omaha's loss to ORU? It is what it is, but it seems dumb to me.
    If a team is tied in the standings and head to head is tied as well, they look at each team's record against the next highest seeded team. If that's FW, Omaha beat them twice, we went 1-1. If that's NDSU, we both beat them twice, so then it would go down to the next seed which would be FW and again Omaha has the edge. The only way we get the 1 seed is if Omaha slips up against ORU or Denver. Pretty sure they locked in the 1 seed tonight. Thanks a lot NDSU (granted, we could have done something on our own about it and don't look like we deserve the 1 seed anyway). Now we'll likely have to face both FW and Omaha on the way to another SL title.

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Omaha swept Fort Wayne.
    I guess they look at it the other way than I do. We swept ORU. They value quality wins more than bad losses. Tit for tat deal I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

I must have missed it. Assuming SDSU and Omaha win out, why are we the 2 seed? We have a common loss to each other but our other loss is to a higher "ranked" team in FW than Omaha's loss to ORU? It is what it is, but it seems dumb to me.
    Omaha swept Fort Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Wiu wins at home over ORU. 2 games ahead of Denver. Denver appears to be sitting out the SLT.
    Denver has quit for the year.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Wiu wins at home over ORU. 2 games ahead of Denver. Denver appears to be sitting out the SLT.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw578k7vFIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmZJnpM3sX0

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

I don't know, they beat SDSU so many times there for awhile, I kinda like to see NDSU lose, regardless if it means we end up the 2 seed.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see Omaha lose at ORU or Denver anyhow. Ok, maybe I'd be surprised if they lost at Denver.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Two baskets in the last 11 minutes, two points in the last five plus minutes. I looked at the live stats and they were up 48-39 with about 6 minutes left and I thought they had it in the bag. Sounds like they pulled the bag over their heads instead.
    If it was usd I would have figured they did it because they didn't want us to get the 1 seed. If Omaha was going to lose agame it was that one. Right now the road through 1st seed looks much better. But any upsets in the tournament and the easy route doesn't look as easy. Maybe fw loses first round.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Still didn't matter. Ndsu mustered a whole 20 points in the 2nd half. Omaha's defense isnt that good or did ndsu come back down to earth.
    Two baskets in the last 11 minutes, two points in the last five plus minutes. I looked at the live stats and they were up 48-39 with about 6 minutes left and I thought they had it in the bag. Sounds like they pulled the bag over their heads instead.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
    Omaha down 8 at the half but if the jacks don’t wake up it won’t matter
    Still didn't matter. Ndsu mustered a whole 20 points in the 2nd half. Omaha's defense isnt that good or did ndsu come back down to earth.

Leave a comment:

• Carolina010
    replied

Omaha down 8 at the half but if the jacks don’t wake up it won’t matter

Leave a comment:

Working...
X