• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-17 Road to Sioux Falls SLT

Jacks officially are in the SLT as ORU loses to USD. #Whew

Comment

• 2016-17 Road to Sioux Falls SLT

The next 19 seconds in Fargo have big implications for our seeding. Tied at 79.

And it's overtime. WIU rolling into Fargo on senior day and making a statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        The next 19 seconds in Fargo have big implications for our seeding. Tied at 79.
        Going to OT.

Comment

2nd OT. End of the first OT was crazy. Bison got screwed big time

Comment

NDSU wins 100-91 in 2OT.

The Summit League Tournament is going to be wild. Can't wait.

Comment

Jacks men can be no worse then a 6 seed and no better then a 4 seed. Will be playing Sunday night for sure. Will almost certainly be against Denver, UNO, or FW. The last game of the regular season against Denver may very well determine who the Jacks play.

Women have a great chance to get the 2 seed. We split with USD and WIU. WIU beat USD in Vermillion. Jacks need to beat Denver and cheer for WIU.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Jacks men can be no worse then a 6 seed and no better then a 4 seed. Will be playing Sunday night for sure. Will almost certainly be against Denver, UNO, or FW. The last game of the regular season against Denver may very well determine who the Jacks play.

Women have a great chance to get the 2 seed. We split with USD and WIU. WIU beat USD in Vermillion. Jacks need to beat Denver and cheer for WIU.
                IUPUI could finish 8-8 (they won't) and the Jacks could finish 7-9, so we technically could still end up 7th.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  IUPUI could finish 8-8 (they won't) and the Jacks could finish 7-9, so we technically could still end up 7th.
                  Correct. For some reason I was thinking they were 5-9 like WIU. IUPUI plays at Denver today.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

IUPUI wins at Denver today.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Over the past two days the three bottom teams went to the home courts of the three top teams and more than held their own.

Denver and NDSU are both just 3-3 over their past 6.

It's crazy for SDSU to have only one game left and yet so many possibilities for seeding. Wherever we end up, it's nice that we are playing a lot more like a 4 seed than a 7 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        IUPUI wins at Denver today.

We can now add Denver to the cluster of the middle of the Summit League.

Comment

I'm actually confused on who to cheer for this last week in the Summit to get the desired match-up we want (more-so for the women.)
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                            I'm actually confused on who to cheer for this last week in the Summit to get the desired match-up we want (more-so for the women.)
                            For the women,USD and W. Ill are in the drivers seat at 11-3. USD however has the same nasty road trip we just completed where we lost to both IUPUI and W. Ill. Western will have an edge in the remaining scheduled games with playing USD and last place FW. We play one game at home to Denver,which we should win and finish the season at 12-4 (11-4 now). If USD wins both their road games,they will be outright Summit League season champs with a 13-3 record. If USD splits it's last two games (1)....loses to W. ILL and wins IUPUI, IUPUI is out as contenders for the reg season crown and will finish at 11-5 (assuming they win their other game against FW), and W. Ill will be champs(also assuming they win their other game against FW)(2).....USD loses to IUPUI and wins against W. Ill....we could conceivably have a four way tie subject to the Summit League tie breaking procedure (multiple teams tied) ,as the top four teams would all finish 12-4.

Someone noted earlier if W.Ill wins against USD ,we would just about be a lock for a 2 seed,as USD would then have been swept by the Leathernecks.Oh, if USD losses both their last two games, they would have 5 losses and would be eliminated as a contender for the reg season crown.Anybody want to fine tune this and figure out all the scenarios and tie breaking procedures,go ahead,I don't think i will though.

More notes: If it goes to a four way tie breaking procedure,we might be looking pretty good,(1)....USD has loss to NDSU against them (2)W. Ill lost both their games to IUPUI (3)we weren't swept by anyone,our lowest loss to Omaha (keep winning Mavericks)(4)IUPUI lowest loss to ORU (stay ahead of ORU please you Mavericks,see above)

tie breaking procedure
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-20-2017, 12:31 AM.

Comment

The Bison and Yotes MBB need only win 1 of their road games next week to lock #1 & #2 seeds. The next 5 are nearly interchangeable. Denver should be the favorite at home against Omaha which would keep them at the #3 seed even if the Jackrabbits handle them at Frost. That leaves the scrum among Ft Wayne, IUPUI, Omaha, and the Jackrabbits for 4-7. The Sunday games will not have many heavy favorites in the SLT. This will likely take until next Saturday night to know which is quite different this year.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I believe that it is theoretically possible that SDSU, Denver, Omaha, Fort Wayne and IUPUI could all finish in a 8-8 tie for 3rd place.

SDSU would need to beat Denver at home.
                                Denver would need to lose to Omaha at home and SDSU on the road.
                                Omaha would need to win at Denver and loose to NDSU on the road.
                                Fort Wayne would need to lose at IUPUI and win at Western Illinois.
                                IUPUI would need to win at Fort Wayne and at USD
                                Last edited by Rabbit74; 02-19-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X