Re: Summit League Post-Season

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Any clue of who they play next?
      Oregon or UTEP

Comment

Any clue of who they play next?
        Winner of Oregon at UTEP tomorrow night.

Comment

Summit league looking like a pretty tough conference,at least the top 2 teams anyway.Love it!

Comment

Ore 71 - UTEP 67, FGC 61 - Hofstra 46, Mich 77 - Temple 76

Comment

USD will host Oregon on Wednesday (3/30)

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                USD will host Oregon on Wednesday (3/30)
                Great news, I was worried UTEP would win and USD would be forced on the road.

Win it all Yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  Great news, I was worried UTEP would win and USD would be forced on the road.

Win it all Yotes.
                  Yeah Seekamp does it again. Haven't looked at the score box, but I doubt she spent time riding the pine. Good luck yotes.

I do wonder how USD will benefit financially from winning the WNIT. I suspect they will get some cash, and would they have to split with the rest of SL?

Comment

Yeah Seekamp does it again. Haven't looked at the score box, but I doubt she spent time riding the pine. Good luck yotes.

I do wonder how USD will benefit financially from winning the WNIT. I suspect they will get some cash, and would they have to split with the rest of SL?
                    I would think the WNIT is at best a break even situation. When the NCAA doesn't give a payout for winning games, I'm sure the WNIT doesn't. When you consider the amount they are having to bid to host, drawing around 2500 probably doesn't make you much, if any money. However, the publicity generated is something you can't measure in $.

Comment

• Re: Summit League Post-Season

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      I would think the WNIT is at best a break even situation. When the NCAA doesn't give a payout for winning games, I'm sure the WNIT doesn't. When you consider the amount they are having to bid to host, drawing around 2500 probably doesn't make you much, if any money. However, the publicity generated is something you can't measure in $.
                      I was thinking the same, but thought I would ask. The Publicity certainly does not hurt.

Comment

I was thinking the same, but thought I would ask. The Publicity certainly does not hurt.
                        my buddy told me minimum guaranteed revenue to the wnit is the following: semifinal is $15,000 and for the championship is $25,000. i've never done any research on it, so, i'll take his word.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                          my buddy told me minimum guaranteed revenue to the wnit is the following: semifinal is $15,000 and for the championship is $25,000. i've never done any research on it, so, i'll take his word.
                          Those numbers are not far fetched in any manner. There are promotors who have to paid first and after them there is not much left.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                            Isn't there someone on the board who knows someone @ Triple Crown Sports?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              Isn't there someone on the board who knows someone @ Triple Crown Sports?
                              I do, I know several people in the front office. Not sure if this info is available to the public. I shall inquire.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                I do, I know several people in the front office. Not sure if this info is available to the public. I shall inquire.
                                On the USD board there is a link to an article that details what Florida Gulf Coast bid to host. They bid just over $31,000 for the Elite 8 game, plus the WNIT gets 85% of the gate and the host keeps 15%. If you charge $25 a ticket, you would need to draw nearly 8300 to break even, not taking into account the other costs associated with hosting. At $30 a ticket, you would need to draw just under 7000.

Comment

Working...
                                X