• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Post-Season

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
    How did Landis do?
    13 pts in 1st round...did not advance.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
      So by your logic, any of your "top-rated" recruiting class that red-shirts next year won't be part of that class? I guess your vaunted recruiting class keeps getting weaker.
      I don't know why you're getting so pissy over something as small as this. I said that's how I view it, not saying you have to view it the same way.

Comment

Not Summit related but Banham from Minnesota won the women's 3 pt contest...
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

USD has had a nice 2 year run with Seekamp and company with only 2 WNIT appearances to show for it. The only year they made the NCAA Tournament was when they went 7-7 in conference. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future with them. They will still be a top Summit League team but will they still be apart of the elite mid-majors that SDSU has been apart of since going D1?

SDSU will be very tough to beat these next 3 years.

Comment

I hope USD fans pack the Dome to support their gifted and senior laden team. A talent like Seekamp doesn't come along very often. Hemiller and Stewart were both excellent. Enjoy this Coyote fans because moments like this don't come along very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
              I hope USD fans pack the Dome to support their gifted and senior laden team. A talent like Seekamp doesn't come along very often. Hemiller and Stewart were both excellent. Enjoy this Coyote fans because moments like this don't come along very often.
              Last time at USD was mens program in 1958. This women's team does remind me of these guys. They had five guys play all forty minutes of most of the games. Jimmy and Cliff Daniels, Roger Nelson, Maurie Haugland and Clyte Kiewel. Roger just passed on a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                Not Summit related but Banham from Minnesota won the women's 3 pt contest...
                She won the overall 3 point contest against the men too

Comment

The coyotes will be yipping tomorrow as it is reported that the game is sold out.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

And whether it is Summit League USD, or A-Sun FGCU, a mid-major will be the WNIT winner. Likewise, Valpo or George Washington, two mid-majors, played the NIT title game.

It's good to see some non-P-5 (7) in the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      The coyotes will be yipping tomorrow as it is reported that the game is sold out.
                      Well,their other two major sports have sucked since going D1 so I guess it's nice they finally found something to yip about,minor tournament or not.

Comment

Kelo just showed the line of students in line to get their FREE tickets to the game. Did we give our students free tickets when we were in the WNIT?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          Kelo just showed the line of students in line to get their FREE tickets to the game. Did we give our students free tickets when we were in the WNIT?
                          Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            Well,their other two major sports have sucked since going D1 so I guess it's nice they finally found something to yip about,minor tournament or not.
                            To be fair...our Women's program helped take the sting out of early struggles on the men's front when we moved up. I'm thinking back to not only basketball. Volleyball made the tournament I believe as well as soccer. Part of me wants to say softball too, but I'm uncertain.

Either way, go out there and win this thing for the Summit league. If we want two bids in the future, this is how it starts
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Nope.
                              http://www.gojacks.com/news/2014/3/27/209446925.aspx

I think sdsu charged 6 bucks for student tickets outside the above
                              Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

USD's going to hang the banner. They played well and the game was a good one to watch. Great crowd support. Florida Gulf Coast needed to hit some more free throws in the second half but in my view, USD was just a little better team. Congrats to USD: USD 71, FGCU 65.

I wonder what would have happened on a neutral court.... When SDSU had to travel to UTEP in the WNIT final four and play in front of a hostile 12,200+ crowd,...wondered the same thing. But, that's the rule in this tourney and USD did what they had to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X