X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Post-Season

Jackrabbit WBB
    ‏@GoJacksWBB
    Congrats to @SDCoyotesWBB on winning the WNIT Championship! Way to continue to show what Summit League WBB is all about!

Comment

Recall two years ago the sports editor of the Mitchell newspaper ran a column entitled "Even when USD wins, they lose" referring to USD's first round loss in the NCAA's and SDSU's run in the WNIT. Wonder if he'll run a story on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by carny View Post
        Give it up. USD was better than Florida gulf coast. If you watched the game - not much doubt. USD almost out rebounded them by 20 - not going to win many games if that happens. I don't like USD at all but they were the better team. Better question is why do you have a user id with the bunny or bunnies in it? It is rabbits, jacks, or jackrabbits. Bunny is a derogatory term and used in that way by NDSU and USD. If a SDSU fan uses bunny or bunnies in their user id or refers to the rabbits as bunnies - get a clue and change it.
        one with a user id of carny bashes me for my user id. wow. go back to your carnival

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
          Recall two years ago the sports editor of the Mitchell newspaper ran a column entitled "Even when USD wins, they lose" referring to USD's first round loss in the NCAA's and SDSU's run in the WNIT. Wonder if he'll run a story on Monday.
          We didn't lose in the 1st round.

Either route would have been enjoyed by SDSU fans this year. It will always the goal to reach the NCAA tournament but there is nothing wrong with the WNIT as a consolation prize. We've played in it twice and both times were fun. But I'll take the NCAA any day of the week. Especially this year when it was unexpected, finally got another win and when we were playing a lot of underclasswomen who gained a lot of confidence from the experience. The next two (or longer) years are going to be a lot of fun for SDSU women's basketball. I hope USD can keep it up. We need them, and a few others (calling out NDSU) to step it up year in and year out.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
            We didn't lose in the 1st round.

Either route would have been enjoyed by SDSU fans this year. It will always the goal to reach the NCAA tournament but there is nothing wrong with the WNIT as a consolation prize. We've played in it twice and both times were fun. But I'll take the NCAA any day of the week. Especially this year when it was unexpected, finally got another win and when we were playing a lot of underclasswomen who gained a lot of confidence from the experience. The next two (or longer) years are going to be a lot of fun for SDSU women's basketball. I hope USD can keep it up. We need them, and a few others (calling out NDSU) to step it up year in and year out.
            Minor clarification. We've been in the WNIT three times. The first two were before we were NCAA tourney eligible. We lost to WY in the elite eight and Creighton at Frost. The third time was the final four run where UTEP beat us.

Comment

Congratulations to USD on winning the WNIT.
              Next year for USD will be interesting. They played a bench pretty often and those people will be back plus incoming recruits. I don't expect USD to miss a beat. I think they will be tough again next year.

Comment

USD will be losing almost 50 points a game from their seniors. That's huge. Plus there is the intangible of senior leadership especially in tight ball games. A positive of USD winning is that they can continue to use the same billboards on the interstates which feature Coach Amy Williams cutting down the net after winning the Summit tournament two years ago.

Comment

With the progress Fogg made this season, I think she could be a force next year with an expanded role.

They have some good players in Trimboli and Duffy as well, not to mention incoming recruits.

No doubt they lose a lot, but I still expect them to be a top 3 program next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    With the progress Fogg made this season, I think she could be a force next year with an expanded role.

They have some good players in Trimboli and Duffy as well, not to mention incoming recruits.

No doubt they lose a lot, but I still expect them to be a top 3 program next year.
                    Agreed. Those are some very nice pieces of a solid team. On the other hand, they are definitely no Seekamp. I fully expect to see USD as a solid top-3 team next year but they won't be matching the level they played at this year.

Comment

The big difference will be no Seekamp. Teams game-planned to stop her, and to a lesser extent Stewart and Hemiller, who were probably the 2nd and 3rd options. That left good looks for Duffy and Trimboli and the post players. Next season, they will no longer be the 4th or 5th options, and teams will be looking limit their shots. Is Bradley the point guard of the future, or do they have someone new coming in ?

Comment

Will the other Duffy be coming in ,Ciara?Caitlyn mentioned being able to play her Sr year with her younger sister. I believe she played 2 yrs at Colo St ,sat out a year,and played her Jr year this year,that allowed her sister to catch up a year.If so,we might see both Duffy's playing together next yr.

Comment

coach williams on Arizona's short list:

http://tucson.com/hansen-s-sunday-no...7a0513b7e.html

jmo, but, don't believe this is the one that could lure coach williams from usd.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post

jmo, but, don't believe this is the one that could lure coach williams from usd.
                            She is Husker alum and basketball player. If Yori leaves, she would be perfect fit with her ties and the recruiting she has done in Nebraska.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I bet she'd leave. Most coaches would and she just graduated a ton of kids. Her stock won't be any higher.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I want what you are smoking if you don't think Williams wouldn't jump at the chance at the UA job. Byrne is a very progressive AD and would give her the resources to succeed.

Look at what the Oregon St. coach did with just a couple years in the Pac-12 coming from D-3.

Comment

Working...
                                X