• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filbert
    replied
    Re: Summit League Post-Season

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Exactly, we need USD and IUPUI to continue to improve. It pushes us to be better and helps gain respect for the conference. Even bigger would be to get the bottom half of the conference out of the 200's in RPI, although my confidence in that happening isn't nearly as great.
    Getting teams out of the RPI 300's would be a good first step. That was Denver, IPFW, and NDSU this year. They're the ones that are particularly damaging to any chance of multiple bids.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    The key is to win NIT and NCAA games because they will give the most exposure. Then it's winning those tough OOC games. Do that for a couple years and you'd be amazed at how much respect this conference will receive
    Exactly, we need USD and IUPUI to continue to improve. It pushes us to be better and helps gain respect for the conference. Even bigger would be to get the bottom half of the conference out of the 200's in RPI, although my confidence in that happening isn't nearly as great.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    I meant to say they won one and done. They did get a win before USD.
    The key is to win NIT and NCAA games because they will give the most exposure. Then it's winning those tough OOC games. Do that for a couple years and you'd be amazed at how much respect this conference will receive

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Actually IUPUI won their first game, then lost the 2nd to a pretty good San Diego team.
    I meant to say they won one and done. They did get a win before USD.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    IUPUI has won a couple of WNIT games over the past few years. They were one and done this year. WIU won one game in the WBI.
    Actually IUPUI won their first game, then lost the 2nd to a pretty good San Diego team.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Yeah, if we ever want to be a two-bid league, teams need to do well in the post-season. Good to see USD winning some games in the WNIT, hopefully they can keep it rolling.
    IUPUI has won a couple of WNIT games over the past few years. They were one and done this year. WIU won one game in the WBI.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Yeah, if we ever want to be a two-bid league, teams need to do well in the post-season. Good to see USD winning some games in the WNIT, hopefully they can keep it rolling.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Nice win by the Coyotes in Minneapolis. USD hosts UNI Thursday in the DakotaDome....tipoff for the game is 7:00 p.m. I haven't heard or read whether the game will be on TV.

It will be interesting to see what kind of fan support the Coyotes get. They certainly have earned and deserve a large crowd for the Thursday game.

I looked back at attendance figures for SDSU's 2014 WNIT run when we made it to the Final Four. We hosted four games before moving on to El Paso for the Final Four. Here are the stats:

Date Opponent Site Attendance
    3/20/14 SDSU 78, Butler 61 -- Frost Arena, 1,812
    3/23/14 SDSU 62, Creighton 51 -- Frost, 2,152
    3/27/14 SDSU 70, Minnesota 62 -- Frost, 3,320
    3/30/14 SDSU 76, Indiana 64 -- Frost, 3,972
    4/2/14 UTEP 66, SDSU 63 -- At El Paso, 12,222
    In the championship: Rutgers 56, UTEP 54.

This year's attendance at USD's WNIT games:
    3/16/16 USD 74, Creighton 68 -- Dakotadome 1,960
    3/20/16 USD 101, Minnesota 89 -- at Minneapolis, 3,224

As the Summit League strives to improve its stature, a USD win over UNI in front of a big crowd would be nice to see.
    I could not agree more. The only games that I root against USD, or anyone else in our conference, is when they play SDSU. Better teams mean better challenges. I've always felt part of the reason SDSU hasn't taken that next big leap is a lack of competition in conference.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what happens with USD attendance when they move into the new building. I think even the most vermillion-and-cream USD partisan would concede that the Dome isn't exactly the best basketball venue around (to put it mildly). A basketball-specific arena should, I would think, spur somewhat better attendance down there.

Go Yotes in the WNIT!
    Any new facility (including our new stadium) fill result in increased attendance for awhile because of hype and curiousity. Whether or not that increase can be maintained is going to depend on quality of the product and experience.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Nice win by the Coyotes in Minneapolis. USD hosts UNI Thursday in the DakotaDome....tipoff for the game is 7:00 p.m. I haven't heard or read whether the game will be on TV.

It will be interesting to see what kind of fan support the Coyotes get. They certainly have earned and deserve a large crowd for the Thursday game.

I looked back at attendance figures for SDSU's 2014 WNIT run when we made it to the Final Four. We hosted four games before moving on to El Paso for the Final Four. Here are the stats:

As the Summit League strives to improve its stature, a USD win over UNI in front of a big crowd would be nice to see.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens with USD attendance when they move into the new building. I think even the most vermillion-and-cream USD partisan would concede that the Dome isn't exactly the best basketball venue around (to put it mildly). A basketball-specific arena should, I would think, spur somewhat better attendance down there.

Go Yotes in the WNIT!

Leave a comment:

• jack power
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    I didn't think it was possible for a team to lose when they were up 12 with 45 seconds left in the game. Turns out nothing is impossible.
    I saw a tweet that said the win probability was 99.99%. Biggest collapse is sports history. Actually,they were still calculating it because it was over 99.99%.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    I didn't think it was possible for a team to lose when they were up 12 with 45 seconds left in the game. Turns out nothing is impossible.
    And I thought the Jacks women had problems with the press. That had to be the most epic meltdown I have ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• BKXD
    replied

All the more reason to respect the Jacks women holding off that run by Miami on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
    The end of regulation in the UNI/Texas A&M game proves my point

Leave a comment:

Working...
X