2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

If I may interrupt? MBB - Bison at IUPUI at noon today on ESPN3, W. Ill. at IPFW at 1.

Comment

Sorry for the thread drift, but there's a good one in Summit play today.

NDSU is at IUPUI at noon on ESPN3. This one is intriguing because I think that the loser can be written off as a contender for the regular season title (but certainly not the tourney title). Either NDSU will pick up a fourth loss (with 8 still to go) or IUPUI will pick up their second loss at home. IUPUI still has road games at SDSU, NDSU, ORU and Denver to battle through so another home loss is a big deal. Today's game should be a good one.

On the women's side, there were no big surprises this week. At the halfway point things are shaping up as expected. It looks like there are two exceptional teams, two dangerous teams (IUPUI, ORU), two very average teams (WIU, OMA) and three that should all have to stay home from Sioux Falls (DEN, NDSU, FW). The Jacks still control the race for the title but getting the required win in Vermillion will be very tough. They have three weeks to get ready.

Comment

Free hookup through the Indiana network.
        http://www.theindychannel.com/live-video
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

NDSU falls 73-72. IUPUI hit a 3 with 1.2 left. Poor bison.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            NDSU falls 73-72. IUPUI hit a 3 with 1.2 left. Poor bison.
            Bison had a 10 point lead in the second half. They are destined for a 3-5 seed IMO.

Comment

Bison fall on the road by 1 to IUPUI on a last second 3 pointer by the Jaguars. Paul Miller full court heave at the end hits rim but doesn't go.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                Bison had a 10 point lead in the second half. They are destined for a 3-5 seed IMO.
                Agree. NDSU still has four road games to endure, including SDSU, Omaha and USD. FW at home will be tough too. They are likely going to lose at least two of those.

IUPUI has won four straight. The toughest part of their schedule starts Thursday. They are on the road for 4 of the next 5 and the one home game is Omaha.

Comment

SDSU 7-2
                  IPFW 7-2
                  Omaha 7-2
                  IUPUI 7-2
                  NDSU 4-4
                  ORU 3-6
                  Denver 3-6
                  USD 2-7
                  WIU 0-9
                  Who had this prediction for the first half of the conference for MBB? If you had this line-up, I need some help come time to fill out the brackets for the NCAA tourney.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

[QUOTE=OldHare;289613]SDSU 7-2
                    IPFW 7-2
                    Omaha 7-2
                    IUPUI 7-2
                    NDSU 4-4
                    ORU 3-6
                    Denver 3-6
                    USD 2-7
                    WIU 0-9
                    Who had this prediction for the first half of the conference for MBB? If you had this line-up, I need some help come time to fill out the brackets for the NCAA tourney.[/QUOTE

The top four have separated themselves from the the bottom 4. And western is going to be the odd team out unless there is some miracle. Which surprises me. I was impressed with them when they came to Frost. Thought they would be in the top half. But what do i know.

Comment

USD 8-1
                      SDSU 7-1
                      IUPUI 6-3
                      ORU 6-3
                      WIU 4-5
                      Omaha 4-5
                      Denver 2-7
                      NDSU 1-8
                      IPFW 1-8
                      IUPUI has visited Vermillion and Brookings. They could have the biggest part of their road games over now. The other part of that news is that the Jaguars still have to play those teams one more time in the Jungle. The top 3 appear to be as predicted with the Yotes, Jackrabbits, and Jaguars. ORU will need some healthy players to challenge those teams. The lottery for 9th place is wide open for the bottom 3. My money is on the Bison if the Mastodons can get 2 more home wins with one of those against the Bison.

Comment

[QUOTE=mitchellrabbit;289616]
                        Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        SDSU 7-2
                        IPFW 7-2
                        Omaha 7-2
                        IUPUI 7-2
                        NDSU 4-4
                        ORU 3-6
                        Denver 3-6
                        USD 2-7
                        WIU 0-9
                        Who had this prediction for the first half of the conference for MBB? If you had this line-up, I need some help come time to fill out the brackets for the NCAA tourney.[/QUOTE

The top four have separated themselves from the the bottom 4. And western is going to be the odd team out unless there is some miracle. Which surprises me. I was impressed with them when they came to Frost. Thought they would be in the top half. But what do i know.
                        I can't think of a better one so will use it again. This is going o be a good Finnish.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

USD 8-1
                          SDSU 7-1
                          IUPUI 6-3
                          ORU 6-3
                          WIU 4-5
                          Omaha 4-5
                          Denver 2-7
                          NDSU 1-8
                          IPFW 1-8
                          IUPUI has visited Vermillion and Brookings. They could have the biggest part of their road games over now. The other part of that news is that the Jaguars still have to play those teams one more time in the Jungle. The top 3 appear to be as predicted with the Yotes, Jackrabbits, and Jaguars. ORU will need some healthy players to challenge those teams. The lottery for 9th place is wide open for the bottom 3. My money is on the Bison if the Mastodons can get 2 more home wins with one of those against the Bison.
                          IUPUI still has to come to Brookings.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            IUPUI still has to come to Brookings.
                            The men do, but the women had 2OT loss here.

Comment

The men do, but the women had 2OT loss here.
                              Ugh, what a brain-fart.

Did not realize those were the women's records.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

MBB - UNO 37 - W. Ill. 37, at the break. On ESPN3

Comment

Working...
                                X