2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

All 3 games on the men's side tonight are big.

ORU @ NDSU
    IPFW @ USD
    IUPUI @ Denver

WBB:

SDSU @ UNO
    IPFW @ WIU
    NDSU @ ORU

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      RabbitObsessed hit the nail on the head, and I'll point out they are not only a bad defensive team, but they are a bad rebounding team as well.

USD has a -4.6 rebounding margin, second worst in the league. Compare this with SDSU, who has a +5.3 margin, far and away better than second best NSDU at +2.4.
      Nice analysis by both of you. I had not seen those numbers for USD nor paid much attention to Kasperbauer's defensive game. I have seen what Tellingheusen has been up do defensively and on the boards, however, and appreciate the effort. Comparing the two is interesting.

Though I picked them both to lose, USD and Denver definitely have the potential to give the Jacks a big boost by defending their home courts tonight. There's a decent chance one of them two will get a win. I expect NDSU to roll ORU in Fargo. They've had some time to think about that loss to IUPUI and also might be adding Dupree back into the mix.

Comment

NDSU is on life support so I'll take them....not sure who schedules for WIU but back to back after their first win, IPFW wins that one and for the "duel in Denver", the Pioneers bore IUPUI to tears and the Jags lose a tight one. And of course the Jags come here on Sat and we are all too familiar with the back end of a road trip game means to the effort of a club so it's a disasterous road trip for the Jags...
        Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

And speaking of the duel in Denver can someone explain to me why Denver plays the style of BB they do given their roster? They should be playing up and down with that roster not that lame Princeton style offense. Hate watching that team play.
          Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Denver men have a tough road to win games this month. They are on the road for 4 games at Omaha, IPFW, ORU, and USD. The home games are IUPUI, WIU, and NDSU. They may only need 1 win to stay out of 9th place unless WIU finds the same guys that beat Omaha last night and then 2 wins may be required. Denver would be my dark horse for the 9th spot if they cannot take WIU at Magness Arena next week.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

USD trails 46-40 at half and Bison trail ORU 32-30 at half.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                USD trails 46-40 at half and Bison trail ORU 32-30 at half.
                I don't think anybody should go to sleep on IPFW this year, either. I think they're still a definite, serious threat to win the conference even with the loss of Mo Evans.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  I don't think anybody should go to sleep on IPFW this year, either. I think they're still a definite, serious threat to win the conference even with the loss of Mo Evans.
                  Your contempt for the hairy, extinct elephants just oozes out in this post.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Your contempt for the hairy, extinct elephants just oozes out in this post.
                    I hate 'em for good and adequate reasons, you know.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The shots on TV of the Dome show few fans in attendance. The band has the one end to themselves tonight as well. The other end appears less than 1/3 full for the rest of the students. I would not say there is a curfew in Vermillion tonight, but if there was most of the people seem to be abiding to the idea. The Yotes are only down 6 and they are scoring fairly well.

Comment

NDSU clips ORU 67-63. Miller did not play second half.

Comment

I, for one, am shocked that USD is on pace to give up 100 tonight.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            I, for one, am shocked that USD is on pace to give up 100 tonight.
                            Whoops. Only 95.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The IPFW WBB goes 0-11 on the road this year. WIU 88 IPFW 87 as a last second shot goes for the Leathernecks.
                              WBB Oral Roberts 59 NDSU 58 in Tulsa. ORU is now 7-3 in conference.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Whoops. Only 95.
                                nice smack.....

Comment

Working...
                                X