Missouri Valley possible implosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri Valley possible implosion

I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, but Missouri State has flirted with the Sun Belt for several years.

Who those two will actually leave, but that would put the MVC at 8 schools. That 8 team league would finish below the Summit in RPI every year.

With quality basketball programs like SDSU, NDSU, and ORU, it isn't a huge stretch to think the Summit could actually look very tempting to UNI.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, but Missouri State has flirted with the Sun Belt for several years.

Who those two will actually leave, but that would put the MVC at 8 schools. That 8 team league would finish below the Summit in RPI every year.

With quality basketball programs like SDSU, NDSU, and ORU, it isn't a huge stretch to think the Summit could actually look very tempting to UNI.
      Think of it as a homecoming of sorts,both Creighton and UNI used to be members of the old North Central Conference.

Comment

Football runs the P5 conferences, WSU will not be in the B12, even if they did start football.

Uni I would bet my left nut would never join the summit..this is all my opinion but if MVC schools join the summit something freaking major happened in College sports, if anyone thinks the Summit is "better" than the MVC they are delusional SDSU and NDSU would jump in a minute to be part of it and ensure a piece the ESPN games

I don't think I've ever watched a Summit conference game on National Prime time sports network...you can in the MVC
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          Football runs the P5 conferences, WSU will not be in the B12, even if they did start football.

Uni I would bet my left nut would never join the summit..this is all my opinion but if MVC schools join the summit something freaking major happened in College sports, if anyone thinks the Summit is "better" than the MVC they are delusional SDSU and NDSU would jump in a minute to be part of it and ensure a piece the ESPN games

I don't think I've ever watched a Summit conference game on National Prime time sports network...you can in the MVC
          I bet Douple will eventually get more games nationally broadcast-ed whether on ESPN or Fox Sports. If WSU were to leave the MVC, the MVC isn't that much better (if at all) than the Summit. The Summit is getting better and better. I for one, would hate to see SDSU leave the Summit and I don't think they will will unless a P5 conference is calling (won't ever happen). I don't think you seeing the improvement of the Summit League. The facilities are good, the conference tournament is one of the best in the nation, and the quality of play is good. The MVC isn't all that great expect for WSU, UNI, and ISUR every once in awhile. That is no different than SDSU, NDSU, ORU, and up-incoming USD. (I'm saying this without blue/yellow glasses)

Comment

I see your left and raise my right......

Ok, in all seriousness I think your right on UNI never joining the Summit they don't see us as equals. Moving to the Summit would be looked at as a step back to most UNI fans. Right now, the MVC is a "better" conference and will be for quite some time based on history. However, if WSU, and UNI leave that conference doesn't have much left.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              I for one, would hate to see SDSU leave the Summit and I don't think they will will unless a P5 conference is calling (won't ever happen).
              P5 is out of the question, but their is another step that would be well worth it for SDSU. The Mountain West would be the best, logical jump in conference for the Jackrabbit Athletic program, and while I don't see an invite in the foreseeable future, it's not preposterous considering the shifting college athletic landscape. It's all about growing the athletic department and being in the best position possible when a major shift happens.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

This might be a good time to bring up
                the question of "why are we lagging behind everyone else at getting games out there".We seem to want to linger in obscurity as long as we can.We are one of the few conferences left in the nation who don't have a conference website for all those who might be interested in watching games,maybe become a fan of our conference member schools.Might even help recruiting.ESPN has shown some of Midco's feeds on ESPN3,so I know they'll be willing to pick up certain games if they were made available...thank you so much MidContinent Communications,if not for you we'd have nothing nationally.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-11-2015, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  This might be a good time to bring up
                  the question of "why are we lagging behind everyone else at getting games out there".We seem to want to linger in obscurity as long as we can.We are one of the few conferences left in the nation who don't have a conference website for all those who might be interested in watching games,maybe become a fan of our conference member schools.Might even help recruiting.ESPN has shown some of Midco's feeds on ESPN3,so I know they'll be willing to pick up certain games if they were made available...thank you so much MidContinent Communications,if not for you we'd have nothing nationally.
                  We have a conference website.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    We have a conference website.
                    OK,i'll elaborate a little....i meant a conference web site that has live video streams available (or archived even) preferably free viewing of conference games.If you live in Montana,wouldn't you appreciate that,getting live video from just connecting to the Summit web site.What'd it take really,a few servers.get the feeds from the conference schools.I'm not a computer expert, but it should be fairly easy to set up.Think of the increased exposure,after all ,the Summit is selling/promoting a product aren't they.I wouldn't even mind a small fee to cover operating expenses.We'll probably never have nationwide appeal and grow it into something like the Big 10 Network,but it would get more exposure than not having anything.

Comment

OK,i'll elaborate a little....i meant a conference web site that has live video streams available (or archived even) preferably free viewing of conference games.If you live in Montana,wouldn't you appreciate that,getting live video from just connecting to the Summit web site.What'd it take really,a few servers.get the feeds from the conference schools.I'm not a computer expert, but it should be fairly easy to set up.Think of the increased exposure,after all ,the Summit is selling/promoting a product aren't they.I wouldn't even mind a small fee to cover operating expenses.We'll probably never have nationwide appeal and grow it into something like the Big 10 Network,but it would get more exposure than not having anything.
                      Pretty much all conference games home and away are available on gojacks.com for about $10 per month... espn 3 also has many games available for free. I'm not sure a better conference site would add anything beyond additional expenses.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Maybe use spaces and the enter key. Your post is one sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Pretty much all conference games home and away are available on gojacks.com for about $10 per month... espn 3 also has many games available for free. I'm not sure a better conference site would add anything beyond additional expenses.
                          Yeah I have no problem seeing Jacks games.

Comment

the Summit used to have all conference games on its website for like $48 a year. they did it for two seasons. I used to watch the games that way. I dont know why they quit doing it unless the schools changed who they had like neulion and i think USD uses someone else which is why gojacks doesnt have video of the dome games. they need to use the same online service to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Maybe use spaces and the enter key. Your post is one sentence.
                              Go back and actually look at it.Doesn't a period end a sentence ,seems i was taught that somewhere,i have several period ended sentences in this paragraph i posted...c'mon ....can we get past the trivial language structuring ,I see plenty i could bring up myself, it just seems pointless to me if I know what they're say'n.I look past lots of grammatical errors believe me,and there are many to look past too,i just think it would vastly reduce the number of posts on this forum if they had to all be grammatically correct.Besides,it's not my job to correct people's grammar and I don't believe in posturing anyway.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-13-2015, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I haven't missed a game in ages. If they're not on ESPN3 (home and away games) then they're on gojacks.com. The only exceptions are some of our sadder conference teams that can't seem to get it together. Today's game vs. UCSB is on ESPN3.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X