Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri Valley possible implosion

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    I vote from this point forward there team up north shall be referred to as Ndau.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Funny but what is the exit fee? Not that Team Makers could raise it with the drop of a hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Funny but what is the exit fee? Not that Team Makers could raise it with the drop of a hat.
      It went from 250,000 to 1,000,000.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
        Ndau would be gone in a heartbeat if the mvc came calling...don't kid yourself so would sdsu
        If Wichita St jumps, UNI may be looking at the Summit. I would expect TV money to evaporate somewhat quickly when the top 2 basketball teams are no linger in town. It has been some time since Drake, Mo St, Evansville, etc. has been in the Sweet 16.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

UNI might look a lot of places with the success they've had in the past 5 years or so. I could see them following Creighton's leave with WSU. If either UNI or WSU leaves the Missouri would anyone be so quick to jump to the MVC? Probably not. You could probably dump the Indiana schools from the Summit and add Drake and Evansville but the rest of the them? Eh... Last year when I heard the rumbings of Nagy to Bradley, I thought for $150K more? Maybe but they won't win there more than SDSU. Like Bohl's move to Wyoming...more money but you got your as* kicked all year.
          Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCountryJack View Post
            UNI might look a lot of places with the success they've had in the past 5 years or so. I could see them following Creighton's leave with WSU. If either UNI or WSU leaves the Missouri would anyone be so quick to jump to the MVC? Probably not. You could probably dump the Indiana schools from the Summit and add Drake and Evansville but the rest of the them? Eh... Last year when I heard the rumbings of Nagy to Bradley, I thought for $150K more? Maybe but they won't win there more than SDSU. Like Bohl's move to Wyoming...more money but you got your as* kicked all year.
            Unless they drop FB the only place UNI could go would be the MAC. They aren't dropping FB and there is no reason to move till the P5 decide what they want. Expect UNI to stay put.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
              Unless they drop FB the only place UNI could go would be the MAC. They aren't dropping FB and there is no reason to move till the P5 decide what they want. Expect UNI to stay put.
              The MVC does not have football, so they could leave the MVC for a basketball only conference. UNI could stay in the MVFC and leave the MVC.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Ndau would be gone in a heartbeat if the mvc came calling...don't kid yourself so would sdsu
                Don't be so sure. May be your opinion, but not the Bison administration.

Comment

5 years ago, I would have agreed with you entirely. Now that does not seem like such a step up, unless you are still thinking of the Missouri Valley Conference of 5 years ago. I think today it would take a better option for NDSU/SDSU to consider a move.
                  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                    The MVC does not have football, so they could leave the MVC for a basketball only conference. UNI could stay in the MVFC and leave the MVC.
                    Didnt the MAC pretty much kick UMASS out because they wouldnt bring their football to the conference? I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                      Didnt the MAC pretty much kick UMASS out because they wouldnt bring their football to the conference? I could be wrong.
                      Actually it was the other way around. Mass football was in the MAC. They got killed led out when they wouldn't move the rest of their sports and become an all sports member.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                        Actually it was the other way around. Mass football was in the MAC. They got killed led out when they wouldn't move the rest of their sports and become an all sports member.
                        Thats right. Thanks for clarifying. That makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                        X