Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Summit MBB

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
    They are on Midcontinent Sports channel aren't they?
    All Midco Sports broadcast have been on ESPN3 and available through ESPN Fullcourt. I've watched a lot of Jacks games thanks to that this year. The tourney will be no different.

I'll be watching the Summit tourney from Alaska in a couple weeks.

Comment

The real fun venue to evaluate will be the WBB 2016 Regional we'll be hosting, wonder what the curtain call for that will be? All this is leading to that, I suspect. Trial runs.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        All Midco Sports broadcast have been on ESPN3 and available through ESPN Fullcourt. I've watched a lot of Jacks games thanks to that this year. The tourney will be no different.

I'll be watching the Summit tourney from Alaska in a couple weeks.
        Right, the SLT can be viewed nationally the whole way through this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          Right, the SLT can be viewed nationally the whole way through this year.
          It's been available nationally for several years. Previous years, CBS college sports would air the Midco Broadcast. CBS college sports also aired some of the Midco regular season broadcasts.

This is the first year for ESPN3 and ESPN Fullcourt.

Comment

It's been available nationally for several years. Previous years, CBS college sports would air the Midco Broadcast. CBS college sports also aired some of the Midco regular season broadcasts.

This is the first year for ESPN3 and ESPN Fullcourt.
            From game one all the way to the Championship game is what I meant ,previous years, the first 3 days weren't available for national viewing I believe. I might be wrong.

Comment

From game one all the way to the Championship game is what I meant ,previous years, the first 3 days weren't available for national viewing I believe. I might be wrong.
              You are wrong.

Every game was available through CBS College Sports at least on the men's side. They simply aired the Midco Broadcast just like ESPN3 does.

Comment

The real fun venue to evaluate will be the WBB 2016 Regional we'll be hosting, wonder what the curtain call for that will be? All this is leading to that, I suspect. Trial runs.
                I think the two are unrelated. Demand for the 2016 regional will be based on what teams make the sweet 16, fan bases, etc. Uconn drew 9,500 ish last year at Pinnacle Bank in Lincoln just as a reference.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfingYote View Post
                  I think the two are unrelated. Demand for the 2016 regional will be based on what teams make the sweet 16, fan bases, etc. Uconn drew 9,500 ish last year at Pinnacle Bank in Lincoln just as a reference.
                  I think the 2016 regional will be highly dependent on who the teams are in the regional. Uconn or Tennessee will bring several thousand fans. Nebraska, Iowa, or Iowa State would be great for attendance.

Women's Final Fours the past couple of years have had trouble selling out 18,000-20,000-seat arenas though, so the 2016 Women's regional absent one of the big names (or a party-crashing SDSU or USD for instance) might be a bit of a crap shoot.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

You are wrong.

Every game was available through CBS College Sports at least on the men's side. They simply aired the Midco Broadcast just like ESPN3 does.
                    According to this link, our exposure will be more than it has ever been. Douple's quote:
                    “This is an exciting and significant step for The Summit League’s national exposure,” said Commissioner Tom Douple. “Not only are we able to get national distribution across multiple platforms for several of our championships, but the schedule of basketball telecasts available nationally is the largest we have ever had. In comparison with our previous reach, our total number of events has tripled, while our reach has nearly doubled. Those numbers are an important aspect for the league and our membership.”

Wasn't aware of CBS College Sports getting our feed from Midco and broadcasting it nationally previously, now I do. Previous link (Oct,last yr)
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-24-2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

According to this link, our exposure will be more than it has ever been. Douple's quote:
                      “This is an exciting and significant step for The Summit League’s national exposure,” said Commissioner Tom Douple. “Not only are we able to get national distribution across multiple platforms for several of our championships, but the schedule of basketball telecasts available nationally is the largest we have ever had. In comparison with our previous reach, our total number of events has tripled, while our reach has nearly doubled. Those numbers are an important aspect for the league and our membership.”

Wasn't aware of CBS College Sports getting our feed from Midco and broadcasting it nationally previously, now I do. Previous link.
                      That exposure was because of ESPN3 picking up the feed. ESPN3 reaches a lot broader audience than CBS College Sports.

Now the next goal is to get a couple games on ESPNU a year, whether that is in the non-conference or the conference season. I wouldn't mind seeing the Murray State vs SDSU game next year on ESPNU.....

Comment

Wasn't aware of CBS College Sports getting our feed from Midco and broadcasting it nationally previously, now I do. Previous link (Oct,last yr)
                        I'm sure that's correct.

Previous years, I don't think all the women's games were broadcast last year. ESPN3 is only available if your ISP provides the service (ie, pays ESPN). So to watch it on cable or satellite you were at the mercy of whether CBS College Sport picking up the broadcast. They picked up all the men's games the last couple years I'm sure (I watched them).

This year has been completely different, the Midco broadcasts have been available through ESPN3 AND ESPN Fullcourt. I think every Midco Broadcast of the Jacks this year I've been able to get through DirecTV and ESPN Fullcourt including women's games. This is the first year I think I've ever been able to watch a reguler season women's game. I expect this will hold true throughout the Summit Tourney.

Comment

You are wrong.

OK...I was wrong. I thought Douple was talking about the SLT games, he was actually referencing games for the entire year.My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            That exposure was because of ESPN3 picking up the feed. ESPN3 reaches a lot broader audience than CBS College Sports.

Now the next goal is to get a couple games on ESPNU a year, whether that is in the non-conference or the conference season. I wouldn't mind seeing the Murray State vs SDSU game next year on ESPNU.....
                            I'm sure ESPN3 reaches more people than CBS College Sports but the real increase is the addition to ESPN Full Court. Every sports bar in America likely has ESPN Full Court.

Comment

OK...I was wrong. I thought Douple was talking about the SLT games, he was actually referencing games for the entire year.My bad.
                              I think since the tournament has moved to it's Ultimate home we should refer to it as the ”Summit League Ultimate Tournament " and not just the SLT.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                I think since the tournament has moved to it's Ultimate home we should refer to it as the ”Summit League Ultimate Tournament " and not just the SLT.
                                Then I can't abbreviate anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X