2015 Summit MBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Summit MBB

KC Star has Jacks by 7.5, Bison by 4.5, USD by 5 and Den by 3.5.

Comment

34-29 NDSU over IPFW at the half

Comment

66-62 Bison over IPFW
        final

1st place for at least a few hours.

Comment

Rank School (1st-place votes) Pts.
          1. Fort Wayne (13) 450
          2. Denver (12) 437
          3. Oral Roberts 400
          4. South Dakota State (1) 345
          5. North Dakota State (4) 313
          6. Omaha 245
          7. Western Illinois 151
          8. South Dakota 148
          9. IUPUI 75
          South Dakota State 12-3 21-8
          North Dakota State 12-3 20-8
          Fort Wayne 8-6 15-12
          Oral Roberts 8-6 15-13
          South Dakota 8-6 15-14
          Denver 5-9 11-16
          IUPUI 5-9 9-19
          Omaha 3-11 9-17
          Western Illinois 3-11 8-17
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Huge huge huge game next Saturday. Think it's important to stay away from IPFW in the 2nd round. Only team in the league who can match up with us in the post.

Comment

Getting the bye was very big for both of our teams, especially when you look at IPFW who is a team that could have used that day off to give Forbes some rest.

Comment

Is there going to be a line at the box office waiting for the tickets to go on sale this morning?

Comment

It's just a guess, but I'd say that there won't be much of an in-person rush. Most of the die-hards already have all-session passes. I'm sure that Ticketmaster and the phone system are getting a few sales today though.

Comment

Just bought tickets at the box office. Slim pickings for tickets. Men's sessions will be sold out soon. They claim that they aren't going to open the upper bowl. I'm skeptical. It's a good ploy though... Sacrifice some ticket sales to make it a hard ticket to get, encouraging more all session buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Just bought tickets at the box office. Slim pickings for tickets. Men's sessions will be sold out soon. They claim that they aren't going to open the upper bowl. I'm skeptical. It's a good ploy though... Sacrifice some ticket sales to make it a hard ticket to get, encouraging more all session buyers.
                      I just bought three tickets online for Saturday's men session. Very limited amount of tickets left it seems. I didn't have many (read: any) good options from which to select. We never get the all session pass because we don't attend any of the women's games but it makes it tough for getting seats for the men's games.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Looking at the select-your-seat map from Ticketmaster, there are plenty of seats available..........they're just really crappy seats. Those seats are fine for Stampede games, but they won't be so good for basketball.

It will be interesting to see how they handle Monday night. My prediction is they will open the Upper Bowl. If the Stampede can sell out both levels, a Monday night of USD, SDSU, and NDSU should do so with ease.

Comment

That is the most ridiculous thing ever. Why cap the attendance? A semi-final round with SDSU, USD, NDSU & IPFW would be great for the league, fans etc, why not pack the place.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                            That is the most ridiculous thing ever. Why cap the attendance? A semi-final round with SDSU, USD, NDSU & IPFW would be great for the league, fans etc, why not pack the place.
                            I agree, I hope they open the upper bowl, but I wasn't about to chance not getting a ticket in case they really don't open it.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                              Looking at the select-your-seat map from Ticketmaster, there are plenty of seats available..........they're just really crappy seats. Those seats are fine for Stampede games, but they won't be so good for basketball.

It will be interesting to see how they handle Monday night. My prediction is they will open the Upper Bowl. If the Stampede can sell out both levels, a Monday night of USD, SDSU, and NDSU should do so with ease.
                              Am I right to think this....Many of the best seats are reserved by each school and sponsors. So the average purchaser never had a chance at those tickets. Some might be returned by the schools, and then can be purchased the day of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

My guess is that's it's a PR thing. They'll announce with great fanfare about a week before the tournament that "ticket sales are going so well that we just HAVE to open up the upper bowl--and there will be SPECIAL PRICING!" or some such thing. (Hey, that's what I'd do . . . build the buzz, don't cha know.)

But a lower bowl that isn't full looks really, really bad on TV, so they have to make filling the lower bowl--especially the ends--a priority, I think.

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X