Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Summit League Women's Basketball Tournament

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
    I don't expect them to win, but I'd rather not have the conference representative get embarrassed in the tournament. It reflects poorly on the conference.
    Nah.It would reflect poorly on USD. I hope they get embarrassed.

Comment

I'm fairly comfortable saying this years USD team is 0% better than any of our teams the past several years, and we weren't exactly "in" any of dances since 09 either.

If the 'yotes play whoever to within 20, I'll be surprised.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        I'm fairly comfortable saying this years USD team is 0% better than any of our teams the past several years, and we weren't exactly "in" any of dances since 09 either.

If the 'yotes play whoever to within 20, I'll be surprised.
        Do you mean 40? This is one of the reasons which make it hard to be too upset about our not getting in this year. It had to happen eventually and lets be honest, this year's version was so inconsistent I feared that we would be embarrassed. Let USD get pummeled. I for one am looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
          I don't expect them to win, but I'd rather not have the conference representative get embarrassed in the tournament. It reflects poorly on the conference.
          I'm with you. A better showing is better for the conference, and in this case better for SD. Someday down the road it could help us get an at-large bid if we have a great year and fail to win the conference tournament. We need a strong conference.

All of the SDSU fans that are still bitter about our loss need to look at the bigger picture here.

Comment

I tend to agree with TK and Bozemaniac on this one. Coach Williams has done a great job at USD. A poor showing in the tourney doesn't make us look any better.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              I'm with you. A better showing is better for the conference, and in this case better for SD. Someday down the road it could help us get an at-large bid if we have a great year and fail to win the conference tournament. We need a strong conference.

All of the SDSU fans that are still bitter about our loss need to look at the bigger picture here.
              I'm more for the better seeding regardless of the number of teams from the conference, at least to start. If the Summit representative can make it out of the first round more than once, we'll be more likely to get a seed higher than 13 and have better odds of making it out of the first round. All part of strengthening the conference. The at large bid would be a huge step up.

I certainly won't be going out of my way to cheer for USD, but I'll applaud their success if they attain it and will laugh at them if they embarrass themselves. Same way I feel about MSU.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

They are gonna get rolled. 15 seed is likely. Facing a top 8 team. We know what those teams are like.

I do wish them luck though.

Comment

Working...
                X