X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Summit League Men's Basketball Tournament

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    35-30 IPFW halftime

IPFW playing like they don't have anything to lose. I'm defiantly pulling for the Dons.
    Me too. I love it when NDSU gets it shoved up their rear. That comment might be just what they need to turn it around.

Comment

I made the mistake of visiting Bisonville last night after SDSU lost. I was going to wish them well for tonights game and express my desire that they win. Then I saw how 90% of them were acting towards SDSU and mocking SDSU fans and I decided not to post at all (not sure what else I expected, I guess) After that, I can't say I'd be to disappointed if NDSU lost.

I would be disappointed for a few of the NDSU fans that are yearly acquaintances that are enjoyable people and I enjoy visiting with, Hando, Roadwarrior and TAB (not that he likes bball), namely, but other than that I wouldn't be horribly disappointed.

I do think however, NDSU gives the Summit the best chance at a tournament victory this year...the extra $ would be nice.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

51-48 IPFW leading with 4:15 Bjorklund and Forbes with 4 fouls

NDSU timeout

Comment

Braun just made a hell of a play that won them the game. Congrats Bison fans! Hopefully it doesn't take 3 more years to win another SL tournament game like last time
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Props to IPFW. I thought they were gonna get blown out.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Braun just made a hell of a play that won them the game. Congrats Bison fans! Hopefully it doesn't take 3 more years to win another SL tournament game like last time
              If you're Forbes , and you foul in that situation , you can't let Braun get the shot up.

Comment

Congrats to the Bison....Jacobo hit the backboard of a 3/4 court shot to tie the game as time expired. Braun decided to show up with 4 minutes left in the game.

Comment

Great game to watch. As the game went on i was pulling for IPFW. But now hope the bison can win a couple jn the ncaa tourney. BTW Bison fans whine too. We just have 3 times as many to whine so it just sounds worse for us.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                    Congrats to the Bison....Jacobo hit the backboard of a 3/4 court shot to tie the game as time expired. Braun decided to show up with 4 minutes left in the game.
                    Maybe he shouldnt have been playing with a 30 pt lead last night

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      Maybe he shouldnt have been playing with a 30 pt lead last night
                      Exactly what i was thinking while watching the game.

Comment

Is the nightmare over yet? Anyone who wants the Bison to win a game is crazy. Three years ago people on this site were commenting their support of the Bison in the FCS Championship game. How has that worked out for the Rabbits? The NDSU basketball program has more resources, more money and a arena renovation on the horizon. The Bison don't need any additional exposure. One and out!

Comment

The Bison winning the FCS championship indeed helps SDSU out zero percent.

At least if NDSU wins a tournament game, The Summit gets a bigger chunk of the financial pie to split amongst its members. I'm with you though...I'm not sure that extra dough is worth it in the long run...
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                            Is the nightmare over yet? Anyone who wants the Bison to win a game is crazy. Three years ago people on this site were commenting their support of the Bison in the FCS Championship game. How has that worked out for the Rabbits? The NDSU basketball program has more resources, more money and a arena renovation on the horizon. The Bison don't need any additional exposure. One and out!
                            I for one was pulling for IPFW. Even thought the encouraging word to Forbes from the carrot top assistant coach would do the trick but I guess not. I got to find the name of that coach. He has the most interesting hair color, a real carrot top.

Later I went to their site, and found out the red headed guy is John Peckenpaugh, a former player who is now the graduate manager. His last season was 2012, but don't recall the guy at all. Any whoo, the Dons put up a better fight than SDSU would have as fatigue was clearly evident in the loss to IPFW.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                              Agree with you 1000%. As an Augie fan, I'm astounded when other NSIC fans want Mankato or Winona to "represent us well" in the NCAA Tournament. I get the whole, "it makes the league as a whole look better" argument, but my thought is why give a team like Mankato yet another recruiting advantage? They've got the facilities (the Taylor center being a fantastic D2 basketball venue), plenty of funding, a great city, the ability to bring in any JUCO or D1 transfer they want, etc. Why would I also want them to succeed in the postseason? Then their list of why a recruit should pick Mankato over Augie doesn't just include nice facilities, great funding, nice town, and plenty of academic areas available to pursue, but also includes consistent, big-time success in the postseason (something any competitive athlete would find appealing).

To me, I'd just as soon see any other team from a different conference in our region (like a Missouri school) advance in the postseason. It's better than it being a team Augie will be competing with recruits for this summer.

Guess that's a long way of reiterating that I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                                Agree with you 1000%. As an Augie fan, I'm astounded when other NSIC fans want Mankato or Winona to "represent us well" in the NCAA Tournament. I get the whole, "it makes the league as a whole look better" argument, but my thought is why give a team like Mankato yet another recruiting advantage? They've got the facilities (the Taylor center being a fantastic D2 basketball venue), plenty of funding, a great city, the ability to bring in any JUCO or D1 transfer they want, etc. Why would I also want them to succeed in the postseason? Then their list of why a recruit should pick Mankato over Augie doesn't just include nice facilities, great funding, nice town, and plenty of academic areas available to pursue, but also includes consistent, big-time success in the postseason (something any competitive athlete would find appealing).

To me, I'd just as soon see any other team from a different conference in our region (like a Missouri school) advance in the postseason. It's better than it being a team Augie will be competing with recruits for this summer.

Guess that's a long way of reiterating that I agree with you.
                                I hate to be the bearer of this news, but the whole D2 thing is financed by a piece of the BIG DANCE pie. D1 is different, very much because of the revenue thing. The big dance pie is divided based on conference advancement in the tourney.

I would love to see NDSU win as many as possible, because the revenue sharing would definitely take a big bump. Sacrificial lamb? Yes but the NDSU senior team has a lot of poise and its going to take some doing to spoof them.

Comment

Working...
                                X