Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ORU Announces Return to Summit League

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Interesting post, thanks for helping out. I would totally agree about the ILL-Chicago campus. It is not located in a attractive neighborhood where the Chicago Trib sports people would park in hopes of a good sports story. Their basketball program is so-so. Like Chicago State, its located in a primarily African American neighborhood where patrons don't have funds to purchase season tickets and support the local team. I was on campus once, in order to take a GMAT test, the campus buildings where relatively new but that was about 1976, a long time ago. I have my doubts that conditions have improved since then. DePaul and Loyola seem to get more coverage than Ill-Chicago, but they have put the teams on the floor that can draw crowds but not in a consistent manner. ILL-Chicago has not. In fact the addition of Loyola might have been a mistake as they are located in an old neighborhood as well and are hardly front page for the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun Times.
    Wow. I mean just wow. Obviously you haven't been to Rogers Park, University Village or West loop area in the last 15-20 years.
    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
      Wow. I mean just wow. Obviously you haven't been to Rogers Park, University Village or West loop area in the last 15-20 years.
      Is there a story here or an exclamation without some insight?
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Is there a story here or an exclamation without some insight?
        Yes.

I mean, yeah, a story, and yes, to your second suggestion as well (IMHO, naturally).

(And also, yes, I had an immediate WTF? reaction to N.'s post, but instead I went with the spirit of the season, so to speak. Happy holidays, all!)
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
          No I have not been in that area for a long time, so maybe its best I keep my mouth shut. Things do change and for the better I would hope.

Comment

I lived in Chicago for many years and attended games at the gentile center and pavilion. The area around the campus is not what was previously stated. Happy holidays as well.
            Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Brayden was a walk on and was told he would get scholarship his 2nd year. Gray shirt is different (applies to football). Athlete verbals but doesn't report to school until spring semester.
              I think your technically right, but in reality what Baker and Carlson got was the bball equivalent to a grey-shirt

Comment

http://www.southland.org/news/2014/1...107142949.aspx

More headaches for the Eagles in the Southland.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

You can't blame them for wanting to get out of that hot mess.

Comment

Someone really blew the schedule. Or they did not know about the additions to the Southland.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Someone really blew the schedule. Or they did not know about the additions to the Southland.
                      I would say ORU blew their own schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        I would say ORU blew their own schedule.
                        But who at ORU is responsible? That's what I was referring to in the prior post. The coach can be real happy with this individual unless it was the coach who drew up the schedule. I sitting here trying to recall the coaches name, oh yeah Scott Sutton. I noticed in the press release there was no reaction from the coach.

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2014/...feit-two-games

Comment

Everyone blew it. The Southland should have never included UIW & ACU in the conference schedules during their first year. The Summit didn't include UNO their first transitioning year for good reason. Encourage teams to play the new guys, sure, but don't require it or include it in conference standings. But if you're foolish enough as a conference to require it, a memo should have been sent to every AD, MBB coach and WBB coach reminding them of the NCAA rule. Finally, the ADs and coaches at each school should have been smart enough to have known the rule without having to been reminded of it. Lots of dumb people in this one.

In case you haven't heard, the number of schools affected has risen to 8. ORU(x2), SFA, SELA(women), NJIT, Alabama St, Miss Valley St, Maine, & Vermont. Guess it's not only Southland schools that don't know the rules. Confirmed forfeits for ORU(x2), SFA, & SELA(women).

Comment

Why did ORU even leave the SL in the first place?
                            Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                              Why did ORU even leave the SL in the first place?
                              on the womens side to get Kevi Luper and the rest into the NCAA tournament their senior years. mens side probably the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                                on the womens side to get Kevi Luper and the rest into the NCAA tournament their senior years. mens side probably the same.
                                oh okay. that makes sense
                                Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                                X