Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ORU Announces Return to Summit League

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Denver is not eligible for the tournament this year . Go look at the tournament schedule on the Summit web site. Only 7 teams in the brackets - the #1 seeds get a first round bye and go right into the semi-finals. If Denver is eligible , then UNO still must not be.
    I found more info - UNO is not eligible , Denver is.

Comment

UNO is not eligible this year, Denver is. They won the conference in soccer and went to the NCAATournament.

Comment

Denver is not eligible for the tournament this year . Go look at the tournament schedule on the Summit web site. Only 7 teams in the brackets - the #1 seeds get a first round bye and go right into the semi-finals. If Denver is eligible , then UNO still must not be.
        Denver is eligible, UNO will be eligible next year. That is why there are only 7 teams in this years conference tournament.

Comment

I found more info - UNO is not eligible , Denver is.
          Uno is still transitioning from D2, they are Ineligible because of NCAA regs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Wonder how that will affect total turnament numbers and attendance having only 7 games. If sdsu men make an early exit that will really hurt too.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Maybe my ex could learn a lesson from ORU. Then again...
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

LOL jackrabit1 (is that okay to laugh?....hmmmm....maybe you're serious? In that case, never mind!)

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  JimmyJack, use your collective WSU/SDSU powers and get on this Wichita St to the Summit thing.
                  Here's my contribution to this: I spoke to people in the WSU athletic department earlier this year who said they were pushing to add SDSU/NDSU to the Valley rather than the lame Loyola-Chicago. And I spoke to WSU Head Coach Gregg Marshall who said he has tons of respect for SDSU and Coach Nagy.

The big idea behind adding Loyola was that they would get Chicago media coverage. What a joke. The Chicago media could not care less about them.

The same WSU officials told me that if the Shockers add football back (an expensive proposition and pretty unlikely unless the Koch Brothers decide they want to pay for it) their conference target would be the MVFC. Funny thing is, there is a football stadium on campus, Cessna Stadium, that probably would seat 25,000 or so. Needs work, but the president here says he wants to knock it down and would build a new stadium if football ever comes back... so it probably won't.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    Here's my contribution to this: I spoke to people in the WSU athletic department earlier this year who said they were pushing to add SDSU/NDSU to the Valley rather than the lame Loyola-Chicago. And I spoke to WSU Head Coach Gregg Marshall who said he has tons of respect for SDSU and Coach Nagy.

The big idea behind adding Loyola was that they would get Chicago media coverage. What a joke. The Chicago media could not care less about them.

The same WSU officials told me that if the Shockers add football back (an expensive proposition and pretty unlikely unless the Koch Brothers decide they want to pay for it) their conference target would be the MVFC. Funny thing is, there is a football stadium on campus, Cessna Stadium, that probably would seat 25,000 or so. Needs work, but the president here says he wants to knock it down and would build a new stadium if football ever comes back... so it probably won't.
                    I'm always amazed at the "were going to add a small school in a big market to get access to that market" mentality. I have read, numerous times new WAC fans talking about how the addition of Univ. of Chicago, Grand Canyon and UMKC were awesome moves because of the TV market. Doesn't someone have to be watching to make it a benefit? \

As for WSU FB. The perception of the school is changing. Living in an area of Colorado where we many of our tourists come from Texas, Louisiana and Kansas you get used to seeing college team gear. It used to be that everyone from KS had on University of KS or KS State gear. I'm now seeing a lot of Wichita State coats. I have to think fundraising has gotten easier for the WSU administration.

Comment

Interesting post, thanks for helping out. I would totally agree about the ILL-Chicago campus. It is not located in a attractive neighborhood where the Chicago Trib sports people would park in hopes of a good sports story. Their basketball program is so-so. Like Chicago State, its located in a primarily African American neighborhood where patrons don't have funds to purchase season tickets and support the local team. I was on campus once, in order to take a GMAT test, the campus buildings where relatively new but that was about 1976, a long time ago. I have my doubts that conditions have improved since then. DePaul and Loyola seem to get more coverage than Ill-Chicago, but they have put the teams on the floor that can draw crowds but not in a consistent manner. ILL-Chicago has not. In fact the addition of Loyola might have been a mistake as they are located in an old neighborhood as well and are hardly front page for the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun Times.

Comment

ORU losing to Wichita St tonight.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          ORU losing to Wichita St tonight.
                          The Shockers are even better this year than last. Fans here would be surprised with anything but another deep tournament run. Coach Marshall has this mid-major thing pretty well figured out.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The Shockers are even better this year than last. Fans here would be surprised with anything but another deep tournament run. Coach Marshall has this mid-major thing pretty well figured out.
                            Isn't it crazy that Ron Baker was awfully close to becoming a Jackrabbit. I believe it was a late walk-on offer from WSU that kept him in Kansas. Imagine how much he would have helped our team last year with Nate, or this year in the post-Wolters era. Baker is a stud.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                              Isn't it crazy that Ron Baker was awfully close to becoming a Jackrabbit. I believe it was a late walk-on offer from WSU that kept him in Kansas. Imagine how much he would have helped our team last year with Nate, or this year in the post-Wolters era. Baker is a stud.
                              Yes. I think about this every time I hear his name.

Baker was (according to reports) down to SDSU and a school from Arkansas (Arkansas-Little-Rock?). Wichita came in with a late gray shirt offer, which is him paying for his first year and the school covering the last 4 years. Sometimes kids lose that scholarship offer if they don't play well enough their first year but Baker has been a stud!

Brayden Carlson received a gray shirt from SDSU.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                Yes. I think about this every time I hear his name.

Baker was (according to reports) down to SDSU and a school from Arkansas (Arkansas-Little-Rock?). Wichita came in with a late gray shirt offer, which is him paying for his first year and the school covering the last 4 years. Sometimes kids lose that scholarship offer if they don't play well enough their first year but Baker has been a stud!

Brayden Carlson received a gray shirt from SDSU.
                                Brayden was a walk on and was told he would get scholarship his 2nd year. Gray shirt is different (applies to football). Athlete verbals but doesn't report to school until spring semester.

Comment

Working...
                                X