ORU Announces Return to Summit League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ORU Announces Return to Summit League

I trust that I don't even need to go into detail about why Wichita State to the Summit

Will.

Not.

Happen.

(Beginning with #10/#12 in the current men's basketball Top 25 rankings . . .)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Another option to above is simply for Summit to break off from MVFC and go with a 6 team auto-bid football conference consisting of UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU, UNC and WIU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        Another option to above is simply for Summit to break off from MVFC and go with a 6 team auto-bid football conference consisting of UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU, UNC and WIU.
        This makes no sense whatsoever. A spiffed up NCC.

Comment

I bet the ORU Baseball Coaching staff was happy to hear about this decision. Nothing like heading back north for baseball games in April and May.

GO RABBITS!

Comment

How about this for a crazy outside the box scenario?

ORU gets us to 9.
            UNC would get us to 10.
            UALR would get us to 11.
            UND would get us to 12.

Travel Partners
            ORU/UALR
            UNC/UD
            UND/NDSU
            USD/SDSU
            IUPUI/IPFW
            UNO/WIU

UNC/UND get invites to MVFC and it goes to East/West Divisions

MVFC West
            UND
            NDSU
            USD
            SDSU
            UNC
            UNI

MVFC East
            WIU
            SIU
            ISU
            ISU
            YSU
            MSU

This gives the Big Sky an out from their terrible travel with UNC/UND and allows MVFC to go to a 8 game league schedule where you play 5 against your division and 3 against other division. Games against other division would rotate every 2 years.

Thoughts?
            This is an idea I would love to see....
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

This is an idea that I've seen brought up at AGS and I want throw up all over myself every time it is mentioned.
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

No offense but I want nothing to do with Summit football.

DI options...UALR, NKU(suburban Cincinnati), UMKC(hard to deny that they are geographic fit), UND and EIU.

Solid DI school but kind of far flung option...New Mexico State

DII options...Bellarmine(Louisville KY), Mankato, SCSU, Washburn(Topeka), Lindenwood(St Charles, MO).

Some of those DII schools have football. Football as usual can create some complications. I would much prefer to add DI schools but I thought I would throw in some DII options for discussion sake.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  This is an idea that I've seen brought up at AGS and I want throw up all over myself every time it is mentioned.
                  I never said it was an option that I preferred, I said it was an option.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                    This is an idea I would love to see....
                    Count me in that group. Can't see A-LR signing on though. UNC, UND, ...and...? New Mexico State? Not good travel partners.

Comment

The news release doesn't mention if they will be ineligible for the Summit tourney for a year like the other new schools that come in , or if they will be able to play right away.

Comment

The times someone has been ineligible were when they were still transitioning from D!!. Denver is eligible to play this year and I am sure ORU will be next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          The news release doesn't mention if they will be ineligible for the Summit tourney for a year like the other new schools that come in , or if they will be able to play right away.
                          I think they play right away. I think you are confusing the NCAA rules for players with those that apply to institutions. If there were waiting periods, most of these schools would not do it that is leave one conference for another.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I think they play right away. I think you are confusing the NCAA rules for players with those that apply to institutions. If there were waiting periods, most of these schools would not do it that is leave one conference for another.
                            Isn't it just schools transitioning to Div one from Div 2 that have to wait to compete for NCAA tournament bid through the conference tournament to secure the "auto bid" ? This a conference rule?Those going from one conference to another do not?Looking back now,someone already mentioned this.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              Isn't it just schools transitioning to Div one from Div 2 that have to wait to compete for NCAA tournament bid through the conference tournament to secure the "auto bid" ? This a conference rule?Those going from one conference to another do not?Looking back now,someone already mentioned this.
                              If there is a conference, rule I would tend to think it would be waive especially for baseball. We need ORU to get an auto bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                                The times someone has been ineligible were when they were still transitioning from D!!. Denver is eligible to play this year and I am sure ORU will be next year.
                                Denver is not eligible for the tournament this year . Go look at the tournament schedule on the Summit web site. Only 7 teams in the brackets - the #1 seeds get a first round bye and go right into the semi-finals. If Denver is eligible , then UNO still must not be.

Comment

Working...
                                X