Summit OOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit OOC

Denver men hosted Stanford today. They lost 66-57 Denver had 7 players in the box score. 4225 attended the game. IPFW handled Tennessee Tech 69-66. The Mastodons are 3-2 .. Pacific is handling the Leathernecks by 20+ at halftime.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: Summit OOC

WIU women beats UW-Milwaukee scoring 99-86. The Yotes bow to the UND women 65-61 as Seekamp goes 0-10 from the field. IUPUI women beats Mo St. 76-66 as 302 fans find the Jungle on a Sunday afternoon.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Denver men hosted Stanford today. They lost 66-57 Denver had 7 players in the box score. 4225 attended the game. IPFW handled Tennessee Tech 69-66. The Mastodons are 3-2 .. Pacific is handling the Leathernecks by 20+ at halftime.
      WIU defiantly has taken a few steps back from the past 2 seasons. They wont be a contender this year.

Comment

NDSU lost a close game tonight to Southern Miss in Fargo I think the score was 70-69.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          NDSU lost a close game tonight to Southern Miss in Fargo I think the score was 70-69.
          Trayvonn had a monster night with 21 pts, 12 boards, 1 assist, and 3 blocks. Braun had 11 assists and 11 pts. The rest-not so much. 3724 attendance

Comment

Saul Phillips said in the post game interview that the Bison WILL make the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
              Saul Phillips said in the post game interview that the Bison WILL make the NCAA tournament.
              Isn't it a little early in the season to be guaranteeing spot in the NCAA tournament? A LOT of basketball has to be played still. With the losses to Saint Marys and now Southern Miss, the Bison chances of getting an auto bid is slim to none. If they do beat Notre Dame and Ohio State they will still have to run the conference or finish with 1 conference loss in order to get an auto bid. I wonder if Saul knows that Sioux Falls hasn't been kind to the Bison? It took NDSU awhile to get out of the 1st round after they made the Big Dance in 09, but they finally did it last year and then they nearly lost to a depleted WIU team. The Conference Tournament is up for grabs this year imo.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                Isn't it a little early in the season to be guaranteeing spot in the NCAA tournament? A LOT of basketball has to be played still. With the losses to Saint Marys and now Southern Miss, the Bison chances of getting an auto bid is slim to none. If they do beat Notre Dame and Ohio State they will still have to run the conference or finish with 1 conference loss in order to get an auto bid. I wonder if Saul knows that Sioux Falls hasn't been kind to the Bison? It took NDSU awhile to get out of the 1st round after they made the Big Dance in 09, but they finally did it last year and then they nearly lost to a depleted WIU team. The Conference Tournament is up for grabs this year imo.
                The chance of any team in the Summit getting an at-large bid is slim to none. And this Bison team is nowhere close to that 09 team that made the Dance.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  Wow. That statement is likely to come back and bite him in the posterior. The Bison have flaws, but lack of ego apparently is not one of them.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Speaking of teams that were in the Summit. Oakland had a couple of players suspended for a game or two due to their arrest involving a young woman & sex. They did not have charges brought forward after the information was sifted through. Kampe sent them home from LA when released from jail.
                    http://www.theoaklandpress.com/sport...layers-arrests
                    http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/15/oaklan...ante-williams/

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      The chance of any team in the Summit getting an at-large bid is slim to none. And this Bison team is nowhere close to that 09 team that made the Dance.
                      I wouldn't say nowhere close but that 2009 team was better because of Woodside.

A great point guard in college basketball is like having a great QB in the NFL. It can really hide some flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        I wouldn't say nowhere close but that 2009 team was better because of Woodside.

A great point guard in college basketball is like having a great QB in the NFL. It can really hide some flaws.
                        To me the Woodside team was much better because that team had more consistent scoring options that would come through if Woodside was held in check. It appears to me that if Braun is defended well and doesn't have a big scoring game, it is hit-or-miss if the remainder of the team can carry the load.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          To me the Woodside team was much better because that team had more consistent scoring options that would come through if Woodside was held in check. It appears to me that if Braun is defended well and doesn't have a big scoring game, it is hit-or-miss if the remainder of the team can carry the load.
                          That team had some defensive issues though, that this team doesn't have. This team is much more athletic.

But offensive consistency is the top issue with this year's team, I agree with that. The team has capable scorers...Braun, Felt, Tray, Bjorklund and LA are capable of having big games. If Saul can get them on the same page this team has the potential to do some big things.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            Isn't it a little early in the season to be guaranteeing spot in the NCAA tournament?
                            YES. Before the season even started I figured the Bison were more than likely not to make the Tournament. After seeing them already drop a couple, I'm even less impressed. They might be the "favorite", but that would only mean they are slightly more likely than any other team in the field. There are going to be unexpected injuries that will have a major effect on a team or two (look at NDSU and especially WIU last year). There will probably be a team that surprises us all (like WIU last year). Then there is the fact that the Tournament is in Sioux Falls, where the Jacks (and their crowd) will be an obstacle even if seeded outside of the top-3. Then there is the Denver factor - a team that hung in there pretty good with Standford last week. Put all that together, and I'd say there is at least a 60% chance the Bison will be watching the Tourney on TV again this year.

Comment

At this point, it is very difficult to not award the regular season to NDSU. They will undoubtedly stumble in places not to be expected(much like against WIU last year). If Denver and SDSU show some growth in OOC, the race is on. Denver had 11 returning players and played a short bench against Stanford(sound familiar?). The Bison have less change in the roster for this year and they should be up to speed quicker than the some of the other Summit teams. The favorite for the NCAA tourney will likely change several times in the course of a conference schedule when the brackets come out from guys who have very little to do and probably watch very few Summit games. I think Saul is putting the load on the team confidence now to get it done with the warranty to the fan base. It has the potential for smack fever later.

Comment

Working...
                              X