Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit at the Falls 2013

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    True but at full strength in your gym with your crowd you beat us by 3 and we spotted you a huge lead. This one is in SD and we will have an extra day of rest.
    This is what makes me optimistic should NDSU and SDSU meet in the finals. NDSU was rolling (and had Braun on the court) when we went to a packed BSA back in December. We ended up in a deep hole very early then got busy and actually had the lead with 1:00 left. The Bison with Braun are very good but certainly not some unbeatable juggernaut. I would like our chances with our crowd and our tournament-tested team.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
      I don't think its a crazy notion to think or pick the Bison to win the tournament with Taylor Braun back. Only three teams have beat this squad full strength: Indiana Minnesota, and Green Bay. Having said that NDSU has its obstacles in front of them with WIU who always gives us trouble and of course SDSU. I think its an SDSU/NDSU final and its going to be one hell of a championship game!
      Agree. Advantage SDSU given the partisan crowd, the extra day of rest and the best player on the court as well as more experience at the other positions.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think too many are dismissing WIU. If Molinari is saying Parks is 50/50 you can almost guarantee the odds are better. He is an excellent coach, able to use the skills his team has to create havoc for their opponent. NDSU seem to have issues with WIU's style of play. If WIU does what they should do and dismiss USD on Saturday, Parks and company will have a day off to rest and get ready to pound on NDSU.

Molinari will make Braun's life miserable and we could see a game where both teams score under 50.

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        This is what makes me optimistic should NDSU and SDSU meet in the finals. NDSU was rolling (and had Braun on the court) when we went to a packed BSA back in December. We ended up in a deep hole very early then got busy and actually had the lead with 1:00 left. The Bison with Braun are very good but certainly not some unbeatable juggernaut. I would like our chances with our crowd and our tournament-tested team.

Comment

The potential for very competitve games and the fact that more than 2 teams have some good talent might be why the tickets have become hard to find. NDSU has some things working for them since Braun's absence forced some experience. It also showed some weak spots that might draw attention. Oakland can get hot and shoot lights out(if they can figure out the Mastodons). Also, Western Ill shows that defense will still happen with Parks on the side. Even though the Jacks have not drawn on the bench most of the year, the tourney may be a coming out party for some of those players to reinforce the big minutes starters have endured this year. Go Jacks!(PS I forgot to mention the upset special of the tourney is yotes shoot lights out and beat Western. Not really, but I did not yotes to feel they were forgotten. It would be a big upset.)
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The way I see it, ndsu should win easily in the first round. SDSU should get through easily, for SDSU its gonnna be a tough game but winnable if we play IPFW but oakland is a wildcard, if they show up they could win the hole thing or give us arun for our money, or they could lose the first round. If USD wins over WIU I think western takes NDSU, If USD wins, NDSU clobbers USD to get the finals. So NDSU should really be cheering for USD. and SDSU fans If i could pick the teams that i felt gave us the best chance to win I would go with ipfw and western, but would feel good against any, I really think oakland is our biggest compitition.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              You need to remember that Brayden held Braun to 0 points in the first half at Fargo Braun did get some points in the second half, but Bjorklund in the first half was a bigger problem for the Jacks. I am not downplaying how good Braun is, but I do think that we have a few strengths and answers on the Jack roster.
              I would counter this by saying having Braun on the floor really opened up the inside for Bjorklund. Lets face it, you cant leave Braun to go double Bjorklund, Braun does what a best player on any team does and that makes everyone better.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                I would counter this by saying having Braun on the floor really opened up the inside for Bjorklund. Lets face it, you cant leave Braun to go double Bjorklund, Braun does what a best player on any team does and that makes everyone better.
                Agreed, much like a Wolters Jr. (Kinda like the Whopper Vs Whopper Jr. Not quite as good because there is less of the good stuff.)

Comment

Stu video

http://www.argusleader.com/videonetw...League-preview

Comment

1. 1 hr Wade Hokenson ‏@Hokenson
                    2. Bus just broke down. Middle of no where Iowa. Wonder if Oakland has this problem. #charterenvy
                    3. Expand Collapse
                    1. Reply
                    WIU bus

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      On the men's side:

SDSU is the favorite hands down. No disrespect to the Bison but the Jacks have the best player and the most experience and will be playing in front of a partisan crowd. This is Nate's last year, Jordan, Chad, Tony and Brayden are ready to step up. Marcus, Zach, Prince and Biddle will get minutes against IUPUI and be able to spell the starters plenty Monday night. With a better rested starting 5 Jacks will outlast Oakland. Having had Sunday off the Jacks will be better rested and ready to defend the title Tuesday. SDSU is the Summit League champion.

USD has the best chance to pull a first round upset and then virtually no chance against a very solid Bison team. WIU poses a much greater threat to NDSU if Parks can be even 80%. That said, either team will make NDSU compete for 40 minutes. UMKC is about the worst 6 seed every and I don't anticipate they'll give the Bison any kind of game in the first round. Tuesday night will be the 3rd night in a row for NDSU and that will wear down a recently injured Braun and the big guy in the middle. Bison will compete but Jacks prevail in the end.

Women's side is tougher for me. Jackrabbits are the best team by far when they play up to their potential. AJ's teams usually peak at this time of year. Oakland is only a shell of the team they were last year and shouldn't be able to compete in the 1st round. IPFW vs WIU should be a good game. Jacks seemed to struggle with IPFW this year and WIU hung in the last time Jacks played them.

IUPUI shouldn't have trouble getting to the semis, NDSU has the best chance to pull and upset in the first round over a USD team that sometimes struggles to score. If USD meets IUPUI it will likely be an all South Dakota final. That would be the most interesting result. I think AJ and the more experienced Jackrabbits win a tough battle. If NDSU gets by the yotes and IUPUI plays has well as they have been it will be a chance for SDSU to avenge 2 losses to IUPUI. Again, despite the matchup problems I think the experience Jackrabbit team gets it done behind Eide, Lingle, and Waytashek. Guards will have to step up and handle pressure.

So, no surprise here, I've got the Jackrabbits in a repeat of last year winning both titles.
                      I'm sticking with this. Again USD is the wildcard. If they don't show up against WIU and get drilled allowing WIU to rest a banged up Parks NDSU could be in for a dogfight Monday. UMKC is THE WORST 6 seed in the history of the SLT. IUPUI might be the worst 8 seed.

The Oakland/IPFW winner is going to give the Jackrabbits all they can handle on Monday, no doubt about it. I expect the 2 to battle hard Sunday and be pretty worn out Monday at 6 pm. Should be some good BB played.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        I'm sticking with this. Again USD is the wildcard. If they don't show up against WIU and get drilled allowing WIU to rest a banged up Parks NDSU could be in for a dogfight Monday. UMKC is THE WORST 6 seed in the history of the SLT. IUPUI might be the worst 8 seed.

The Oakland/IPFW winner is going to give the Jackrabbits all they can handle on Monday, no doubt about it. I expect the 2 to battle hard Sunday and be pretty worn out Monday at 6 pm. Should be some good BB played.
                        Wouldnt mind seeing oakland IPFW go like 6 overtimes with Bader and Mondy and Gaines playing every single minute of it. If SDSU were to lose, it would be tough for SDSU fans and myself included but I sure home either way its a good show and see some awesome basketball.But l like our chances.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Our semi-final is one that definitely should not be overlooked. I'll be pretty nervous at tip-off of that game, no matter which team we are facing. They call it "March Madness" for a reason...

Oakland is definitely flying under the radar after their losses to IPFW. They are scary because a good night by Bader could be enough to get them a win over any of the top-3. I hope IPFW sends them home after a brutal nail-biter. IPFW and Gaines are definitely a threat, but I like our chances against them in a packed Arena. We smoked them at Frost, including outscoring them by 23 in the second half. The game at Ft. Wayne was played in an earily-quiet gym that Nagy mentioned thinking did not help the team's intensity. You never know with our team, but I doubt that lack of energy and intensity is going to be an issue in Sioux Falls.

Hopefully we can celebrate a semi-final win by on Monday night by watching WIU (with Parks) in an epic battle with NDSU. Several overtimes would be nice. USD better not mess that up!

Comment

I like USD over Western. Maybe Western should have let Myles score on the last second shot so they would have played UMKC in the tourney. USD has been up and down all year but it's upside is much higher than UMKC's upside.

Hopefully the Jacks can use the bench and rest some players in the 2nd half of the IUPUI game. It's a tournament game so I don't expect a 30 point SDSU win like the regular season matchups but hopefully there is enough of a lead to use the bench some.

Comment

Tuesday cant come soon enough for a Jackrabbit victory.

Comment

new floor video

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...ent/?id=144856

Comment

Working...
                                X