Summit at the Falls 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit at the Falls 2013

ndsubison1 has one thing that we must all agree. The men's games could be some the best in the last few years in the first 5 seeds. I would expect good crowds for the Sunday session as well. It would be great matchups available for Monday. It is too early to know if Parks has any chance to contribute, but do not expect to see a big drop off in the defense of the necks. It would be a fine victory for the Jacks to beat the bison with Braun on the floor (if they get by the necks).
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

TV and his blog are back (http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...uesday-tidbits#_=_). He has good news about the Jacks too. Bittle is officially back now. I think we will see him on the court Saturday night.

Comment

What day do they release the Summit recognitions for all league, etc?
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          What day do they release the Summit recognitions for all league, etc?
          Usually the Friday before during the Pre-tourney press conference.

Comment

On the men's side:

SDSU is the favorite hands down. No disrespect to the Bison but the Jacks have the best player and the most experience and will be playing in front of a partisan crowd. This is Nate's last year, Jordan, Chad, Tony and Brayden are ready to step up. Marcus, Zach, Prince and Biddle will get minutes against IUPUI and be able to spell the starters plenty Monday night. With a better rested starting 5 Jacks will outlast Oakland. Having had Sunday off the Jacks will be better rested and ready to defend the title Tuesday. SDSU is the Summit League champion.

USD has the best chance to pull a first round upset and then virtually no chance against a very solid Bison team. WIU poses a much greater threat to NDSU if Parks can be even 80%. That said, either team will make NDSU compete for 40 minutes. UMKC is about the worst 6 seed every and I don't anticipate they'll give the Bison any kind of game in the first round. Tuesday night will be the 3rd night in a row for NDSU and that will wear down a recently injured Braun and the big guy in the middle. Bison will compete but Jacks prevail in the end.

Women's side is tougher for me. Jackrabbits are the best team by far when they play up to their potential. AJ's teams usually peak at this time of year. Oakland is only a shell of the team they were last year and shouldn't be able to compete in the 1st round. IPFW vs WIU should be a good game. Jacks seemed to struggle with IPFW this year and WIU hung in the last time Jacks played them.

IUPUI shouldn't have trouble getting to the semis, NDSU has the best chance to pull and upset in the first round over a USD team that sometimes struggles to score. If USD meets IUPUI it will likely be an all South Dakota final. That would be the most interesting result. I think AJ and the more experienced Jackrabbits win a tough battle. If NDSU gets by the yotes and IUPUI plays has well as they have been it will be a chance for SDSU to avenge 2 losses to IUPUI. Again, despite the matchup problems I think the experience Jackrabbit team gets it done behind Eide, Lingle, and Waytashek. Guards will have to step up and handle pressure.

So, no surprise here, I've got the Jackrabbits in a repeat of last year winning both titles.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Curious, because of work conflicts, I didn't think I would be able to attend this year, now I am able to get Monday and Tuesday off (still can't go Saturday). I have emailed all the teams asking if anyone has any all session tickets left (I know, providing comic relief for them all) and have been checking online, but what I am seeing available is not good. So my question, does anyone remember from past years, when teams lose do those tickets ever come up for sale on craigslist, scalpers etc? or should I buy the bad?

Thanks for the insite.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                Curious, because of work conflicts, I didn't think I would be able to attend this year, now I am able to get Monday and Tuesday off (still can't go Saturday). I have emailed all the teams asking if anyone has any all session tickets left (I know, providing comic relief for them all) and have been checking online, but what I am seeing available is not good. So my question, does anyone remember from past years, when teams lose do those tickets ever come up for sale on craigslist, scalpers etc? or should I buy the bad?

Thanks for the insite.
                I'm in the same boat. It appears that since USD was added and NDSU is decent, it has been an extremely tough ticket as we get closer to the actual tournament.

Maybe someone will give up their all-session passes after their respective team loses, but I still have doubts about that.

Are we supposed to stand out in the parking lot holding up 2 fingers? I don't know.

Comment

[QUOTE=jackmd;225927]
                  and Biddle

JackMD - with all due respect - it's BITTLE
                  Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Glad to see Bob Valvano back, but not sure who the womens games broadcasters are.
                    http://www.steffisorensen.com/
                    Here is what I found on Steffi Sorenson.(You thought the UMKC coach was hot last year, wait to you see this.)

Cant find anything on Melissa Lee.

Comment

• Re: Summit at the Falls 2013

Stubhub has 4 all-session passes in one of the baseline sections. $250 each! http://www.stubhub.com/summit-league...-2013-4250931/

Buy your tickets early for 2014!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        Stubhub has 4 all-session passes in one of the baseline sections. $250 each! http://www.stubhub.com/summit-league...-2013-4250931/

Buy your tickets early for 2014!
                        On a related note. I think there is a very good chance we will be looking at an SDSU/USD final on the womens' side. If you are not an all-session pass holder, you're crazy to wait until Monday afternoon to try and get a ticket to that game.

Comment

Thanks for the insite.
                          I have sold a lot of tickets (10-20) to sessions that others in my group chose not to attend. Granted, we had floor, bleacher seats the last few years. I just asked face value and had plenty of takers. I expect that you should be able to find tickets at the door. I don't think "scalping" is legal in SD although I am not sure.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

[QUOTE=SkippyJack;225930]
                            Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            and Biddle

JackMD - with all due respect - it's BITTLE
                            I know that, sorry for the error. Read too many Little Mouse Biddle Mouse books in my earlier daddy days.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              I've never attended one of these, but something about this one intrigued me (might rhyme with "cash bar"). Is there anything you have to do other than register at the site you linked?

Nope just show up. It helps if you register, but you don't have to even do that (it helps us so that we can give the venue a rough idea of how many people we are expecting). These events are very fun and you will have a good time. Hope to see you during the tournament.

Go State!

Comment

Thanks for the insite.
                                If it's like last year, the athletic departments return extra tickets as their teams lose. So, everyday some new tickets become available from the box office.

Comment

Working...
                                X