2014 Summit tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Summit tourney

So how many other Men's and women's programs ended up winning both sides of their conference tournament??? I know Creighton was close, but u know what they say about close...
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      So how many other Men's and women's programs ended up winning both sides of their conference tournament??? I know Creighton was close, but u know what they say about close...

Albany, Gonzaga, Montana and SDSU i believe

Comment

Liberty also.

Comment

Was it last year it was just SDSU and Creighton?
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

With Oakland leaving, that means 12 total tourney games (7 eligible teams, #1 seeds get a bye) instead of 14, right? I wonder how the new format will work, since many of us have 2014 All Session tickets with times, dates, etc. for a 8 team tourney?
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              With Oakland leaving, that means 12 total tourney games (7 eligible teams, #1 seeds get a bye) instead of 14, right? I wonder how the new format will work, since many of us have 2014 All Session tickets with times, dates, etc. for a 8 team tourney?
              Which of the 8 remaining teams is not eligible? I thought UNO was eligible in 2014. Thanks.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Which of the 8 remaining teams is not eligible? I thought UNO was eligible in 2014. Thanks.
                Never mind. Looked it up it's 2015. Shouldn't have questioned jacks1.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Never mind. Looked it up it's 2015. Shouldn't have questioned jacks1.
                  Lol! I question myself every day...so feel free. I think we should all get prorated refunds, since there is going to be less games, right?
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Lol! I question myself every day...so feel free. I think we should all get prorated refunds, since there is going to be less games, right?
                    If we did, my refund would be redirected to SDSU in some way.
                    We...ARE...STATE!
                    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

WRONG!!!

Excerpt from the Argus article:

Commissioner Tom Douple said that’s going to be addressed by eliminating two quarterfinal games held on the opening day of the event and awarding byes to the No. 1 seeds. Fans that bought all-sessions tickets won’t receive any sort of refund even though the game total figures to shrink from 14 to 12. It’s neither ideal nor a doomsday scenario.

“I don’t look at them as problems,” Douple said. “We have an outstanding group of eight core members in which we can build upon. It’s never been about a correct number of members in our league – we could have got to 14 quickly by adding some others. The presidents’ council has been very clear on this – we don’t want to add just to add numbers.”

Still, the Summit is in position where it has to add a baseball team in the future. There will be only five left in 2013-14, one shy of what’s required by the NCAA to maintain an automatic bid to the national tournament.

Douple said conferences have a two-year grace period to get in compliance and can apply for a waiver beyond that. On a related note, fewer members means more non-conference games to schedule in most sports, a sometimes difficult task. Without a late roster addition, Summit basketball teams will play 14 conference games in 2013-14 – down from 16 last season and 18 the year before.

Douple said that member schools were given updated slates Tuesday reflecting the departure of Oakland, a member since 1998. They are vastly different than the recent models that had been carefully crafted and tentatively approved. Most notably, the conference is opting to go back to the Thursday-Saturday mirror format – the men and women play on the same nights at opposite sites – for the sake of timing.

Those sort

Comment

Yes, I realize there would be no refunds...guess I should've used the sarcasm font...

Comment

Are they eliminating a whole session? I think our tickets say "session", so I don't think any argument could be made that we paid for a certain amount of games.

I do think it is a bit of dirty pool though.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                            Are they eliminating a whole session? I think our tickets say "session", so I don't think any argument could be made that we paid for a certain amount of games.

I do think it is a bit of dirty pool though.
                            Nahh just good business.

Comment

The no-refund policy won't help advance ticket sales in the future. In the meantime, with two fewer games in the tourney, the years of breaking attendance records are probably over.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                The no-refund policy won't help advance ticket sales in the future. In the meantime, with two fewer games in the tourney, the years of breaking attendance records are probably over.
                                IF SDSU men and women are #2 seeds, attendance numbers shouldn't be an issue. UNO will be eligible in 2014 when new events center opens up, so the format will be back to 8 teams. So attendance records, I am assuming could/should be broken w/ new events center.

Comment

Working...
                                X