In other scores . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: In other scores . . .

ORU beats Oakland.....WIU beats USD....UMKC beats IUPUI...IPFW at SUU is close at the half.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      ORU beats Oakland.....WIU beats USD....UMKC beats IUPUI...IPFW at SUU is close at the half.
      Those scores put the Jacks 4 games up on the teams in 4th place. It would take an epic collapse to finish out of the top 3.

Comment

Western scored 15 points in the second half but held on to win 47-45 with usd shooting 2-19 on 3s. This game would have been brutal to watch.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

SUU beats IPFW by 2. Last night, 3 of the conference games had 2 point spreads, our game was 3 in OT, and ORU beat Oakland by 7. Some pretty good stuff.

At the halfway mark.

ORU 10-0
          SDSU 8-1
          NDSU 6-3
          Oakland 5-5
          WIU 5-5
          SUU 5-5
          IPFW 3-7
          UMKC 3-7
          IUPUI 2-8
          USD 2-8
          Last edited by 2002jack; 01-22-2012, 07:47 AM.

Comment

SUU beats IPFW by 2. Last night, 3 of the conference games had 2 point spreads, our game was 3 in OT, and ORU beat Oakland by 7. Some pretty good stuff.

At the halfway mark.

ORU 9-0
            SDSU 8-1
            NDSU 6-3
            Oakland 5-4
            WIU 4-5
            SUU 4-5
            IPFW 3-6
            UMKC, IUPUI, and USD 2-7.
            After last night,Oakland,WIU and SUU are all 5-5. Fortunately,3 of the Jacks 4 remaining road games are against teams that have 3 or less wins - USD,UMKC,and IPFW.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1
              After last night,Oakland,WIU and SUU are all 5-5. Fortunately,3 of the Jacks 4 remaining road games are against teams that have 3 or less wins - USD,UMKC,and IPFW.
              Thanks, I will update my post. The conference webiste is not updated from last night.

Comment

and our schedule the rest of the way. Home- ORU,SUU,NDSU,WIU,IUPUI. we are undefeated at home this year. Away- OU (have never won at the O'rena), IPFW,USD,UMKC. Also remember this thursday game at Oakland will be on Fox Sports Detroit (Dish Network 430, DirectTV and others ?) game time 7pm eastern, 6 central.

Comment

A quick side note on the ORU game, I see where they are reporting 9K in attendance. I watched a couple quarters of the game on TV, sorry; but there is no way there were over 5,000 fans at that game. ORU may be worse then USD when reporting attendance. Maybe they count the empty gold seats instead of those seats with actual live humans sitting in them.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                    A quick side note on the ORU game, I see where they are reporting 9K in attendance. I watched a couple quarters of the game on TV, sorry; but there is no way there were over 5,000 fans at that game. ORU may be worse then USD when reporting attendance. Maybe they count the empty gold seats instead of those seats with actual live humans sitting in them.
                    It kind like counting the souls that Oral and Richard have healed. Do you suppose those numbers would be right on the money?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      It kind like counting the souls that Oral and Richard have healed. Do you suppose those numbers would be right on the money?
                      Good one Nidaros, ole Oral and Richard have said and done a lot that is quite peculiar to the faith they espouse.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                        Oral Roberts basketball and Youngstown football are the two worst teams we play in reporting attendance. Their actual attendance seems to be a 1/3 of what they report and it's really annoying seeing them above us in the attendance rankings every year.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

they probably count God, all the saints, angels, Oral himself, dead alumni watching from the sky boxes (heaven) and the Nielson Ratings homes watching on television (thats got to add up to a couple hundred)

Comment

Not a smack thread.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Western scored 15 points in the second half but held on to win 47-45 with usd shooting 2-19 on 3s. This game would have been brutal to watch.
                              Well let me tell you, since I was at this game: it was brutal to watch.

Louie couldn't hit a 3 to save his life. USD's defense was pretty bad in the first half; WIU was getting any shot that they wanted. USD's intensity and energy really stepped up in the second half, though, partly because Gruis got in early foul trouble and didn't play the last 12 minutes or so of the 1st. They really don't get the ball to him enough though. Too much Louie and Westbrook and not enough Gruis.

My roommate and I spent most of the 2nd half furiously hitting the refresh button on the ESPN page on our phones watching the score from our game.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Well let me tell you, since I was at this game: it was brutal to watch.

Louie couldn't hit a 3 to save his life. USD's defense was pretty bad in the first half; WIU was getting any shot that they wanted. USD's intensity and energy really stepped up in the second half, though, partly because Gruis got in early foul trouble and didn't play the last 12 minutes or so of the 1st. They really don't get the ball to him enough though. Too much Louie and Westbrook and not enough Gruis.

My roommate and I spent most of the 2nd half furiously hitting the refresh button on the ESPN page on our phones watching the score from our game.
                                I probably would have thought the same thing. Gruis really seems to me as their best player but he really doesn't have much help down low. Westbrook a great athlete and louie a great shooter but can't really put it together.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X