Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In other scores . . .

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: In other scores . . .

    Originally posted by goon View Post
    I probably would have thought the same thing. Gruis really seems to me as their best player but he really doesn't have much help down low. Westbrook a great athlete and louie a great shooter but can't really put it together.
    I think the biggest problem with USD's offense is the lack of a point guard. Louie and Westbrook are shooting guards who would rather take a contested fade away three then to run an actual offense, but because neither are much of a point guard they can't even get shots for each other most of the time. I believe that if either of them had a point guard like Wolters they would be much better.

    As far as Gruis, yes he doesn't get the looks but I don't think he helps his cause much either. He is foul trouble all the time, and it seemed in the few times I've watched him he doesn't ask for it much. Did somewhat against SDSU but the couple other games I've watched he wasn't asking for it much. It doesn't help that the other post on their team are not that good and he sees a ton of double teams. And again no real point guard kills him when it comes to getting looks down low.

    Comment


    • Re: In other scores . . .

      Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      I think the biggest problem with USD's offense is the lack of a point guard. Louie and Westbrook are shooting guards who would rather take a contested fade away three then to run an actual offense, but because neither are much of a point guard they can't even get shots for each other most of the time. I believe that if either of them had a point guard like Wolters they would be much better.

      As far as Gruis, yes he doesn't get the looks but I don't think he helps his cause much either. He is foul trouble all the time, and it seemed in the few times I've watched him he doesn't ask for it much. Did somewhat against SDSU but the couple other games I've watched he wasn't asking for it much. It doesn't help that the other post on their team are not that good and he sees a ton of double teams. And again no real point guard kills him when it comes to getting looks down low.
      Gruis I think can do more creating a shot. He has multiple ways to score down low but your right no pg or help down low kills them. I actually think nimrod would be better at running that team he would be a quick pass first pg. Put boots on the bench who has no business being out there imo. Go small guard line up but to me that would be best for their big 3.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

      Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

      Comment


      • Re: In other scores . . .

        Originally posted by goon View Post
        Gruis I think can do more creating a shot. He has multiple ways to score down low but your right no pg or help down low kills them. I actually think nimrod would be better at running that team he would be a quick pass first pg. Put boots on the bench who has no business being out there imo. Go small guard line up but to me that would be best for their big 3.
        Yeah if I was a USD fan I don't know if I would be too happy on how they have handled nimrod. First they were going to redshirt him, then they pulled it, but he hardly plays at all.

        Comment


        • Re: In other scores . . .

          Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

          As far as Gruis, yes he doesn't get the looks but I don't think he helps his cause much either. He is foul trouble all the time, and it seemed in the few times I've watched him he doesn't ask for it much. Did somewhat against SDSU but the couple other games I've watched he wasn't asking for it much. It doesn't help that the other post on their team are not that good and he sees a ton of double teams. And again no real point guard kills him when it comes to getting looks down low.
          Part of the reason Gruis isn't really aggressive asking for the ball goes back to his high school days. On those really good Ellsworth teams,he was never more than the 2nd or 3rd option on offense. They were more of a perimeter oriented team,and Trevor benefited from other teams focusing on the Schillings and some other good 3 point shooters. He knows what to do when he gets the ball down low,but does need to ask for it more.

          Comment


          • Re: In other scores . . .

            Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
            A quick side note on the ORU game, I see where they are reporting 9K in attendance. I watched a couple quarters of the game on TV, sorry; but there is no way there were over 5,000 fans at that game. ORU may be worse then USD when reporting attendance. Maybe they count the empty gold seats instead of those seats with actual live humans sitting in them.
            Thank you for calling out ORU. There is absolutely no way that there was 5,000 fans at that game.

            Here is photographic proof: Oakland at ORU crowd shot
            As you can see there is easily 5 or 6 thousand empty seats in that 10,500 seat arena.

            But on a serious note. it was a late arriving crowd with around 2,500 walk up tickets purchased. There were thousands of people in the lobby or looking for parking at tip-off. The crowd did not completely file in until almost half-time.

            On a completely different note jacksfan29: "I watched a couple quarters of the game on TV" -- the college game has two 20 minute halves and no quarters.

            Comment


            • Re: In other scores . . .

              While we are typing notes: I am not a fan of the bowl-style arena.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

              Comment


              • Re: In other scores . . .

                WIU 81 - UNO 70 - Final

                Comment


                • Re: In other scores . . .

                  Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                  WIU 81 - UNO 70 - Final
                  Men's or Women's score?

                  That's an incredibly high score for a Molinerie (sp) coached team. That's a run n gun game, not a defensive battle, which is a WIU trademark.

                  Comment


                  • Re: In other scores . . .

                    Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    Men's or Women's score?

                    That's an incredibly high score for a Molinerie (sp) coached team. That's a run n gun game, not a defensive battle, which is a WIU trademark.
                    Men's

                    Comment


                    • Re: In other scores . . .

                      USD @ ORU preview

                      http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...1_CUTLIN407976

                      Comment


                      • Re: In other scores . . .

                        Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        I'm a big enough man to say this out loud.........Go Coyotes.........

                        Comment


                        • Re: In other scores . . .

                          Summit Insider http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr..._CUTLIN871307#

                          Comment


                          • Re: In other scores . . .

                            Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                            I'm a big enough man to say this out loud.........Go Coyotes.........
                            Me too, I am all about the Yotes for one night.

                            Comment


                            • Re: In other scores . . .

                              Looks like the USD vs. ORU game is gonna be on fcs central tonight at 7:00

                              Comment


                              • Re: In other scores . . .

                                ORU keeping a comfortable lead on USD in the Mabee Center. With 15:00 to go, ORU 52, USD 37.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X