In other scores . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In other scores . . .

As of today, RealTimeRPI has the Yotes with the best WBB RPI in the conference, with Jacks, Golden Eagles also below 120.

Comment

I was pretty impressed by the Coyote women's win at Oakland. I was going to say that we have had a tough time winning up there (obviously, I was thinking about the men!). In a rather unremarkable season last year - our ladies won by 26 over Oakland in Rochester, MI.

I think the level of play in the women's side this year is going to be a little more even. Either way, there is a lot of season left for everyone. GBGBGJ!!!

Comment

Mixed bag of results for men's Summit League scores last night. IPFW put up a nice win over former Summit (Mid-Continent) league powerhouse Valparaiso 85-76. UMKC overcame a poor start to edge North Dakota 78-75. However, IUPUI suffered a second half collapse similar to what the Jacks did against Nebraska. IUPUI fell to #5 Louisville 90-60. IUPUI was still within 5 points early in the second half when Louisville went on a 15-0 run to go up by 20. Oakland lost to Ohio at home 84-82.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
          Mixed bag of results for men's Summit League scores last night. IPFW put up a nice win over former Summit (Mid-Continent) league powerhouse Valparaiso 85-76. UMKC overcame a poor start to edge North Dakota 78-75. However, IUPUI suffered a second half collapse similar to what the Jacks did against Nebraska. IUPUI fell to #5 Louisville 90-60. IUPUI was still within 5 points early in the second half when Louisville went on a 15-0 run to go up by 20. Oakland lost to Ohio at home 84-82.
          The Griz home loss snapped a 31 home game winning streak. Hope that SDSU can succeed in getting a win in Oakland this season, but the Griz still look to be a very tough W again this season. Bobcats double teamed Hamilton most of the night forcing the Griz to get scores from others, and while those other scored, it wasn't enough to overcome his lack of leadership on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            The Griz home loss snapped a 31 home game winning streak. Hope that SDSU can succeed in getting a win in Oakland this season, but the Griz still look to be a very tough W again this season. Bobcats double teamed Hamilton most of the night forcing the Griz to get scores from others, and while those other scored, it wasn't enough to overcome his lack of leadership on the floor.
            Hamilton is all about Hamilton, that is for sure. He is worried about how he looks on the court and what he might gain. He has said as much himself.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Hamilton is all about Hamilton, that is for sure. He is worried about how he looks on the court and what he might gain. He has said as much himself.
              Source? He seems like a pretty down to earth dude and from what I've seen plays unselfish basketball. I'm not sure if I've disagreed more with a post on this board.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

He sounds like a real selfish prick...

"From a coaching standpoint, you'll challenge players capable of accepting the challenge," Kampe said. "He wants the challenge. He wants me to get on him in front of everybody."
                "He'll get after you, but I'd rather Coach Kampe yell at me than the other guys, because I know I can take it," Hamilton said. "I like being the leader."
                "He's probably the best player I've ever had to yell at (to) shoot more," Kampe said. "If your best players are your best leaders, you're in good shape. That's the case."
                http://www.freep.com/article/20111109/SPORTS08/111090328/Reggie-Hamilton-ready-lead-Oakland-basketball

-rep for terrible post if I could.

Comment

I don't agree on the comments about Hamilton. I watched the Oakland v. Tennessee game and noted at one point the TV commentators talked about what a good guy he was...if my memory is correct, they said something like "mature young man" and said he was polite etc.

Top atheltes have to be confident. I don't think Coach Kampe's comments are all that different than those our coach sometimes makes including, for example, his comments about some of our leaders: the good shooters want to have the ball and keep shooting. Good shooters seem to be convinced that everything they put up is going through the net.

I think a lot of teams would love to have Hamilton on their roster.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    I don't agree on the comments about Hamilton. I watched the Oakland v. Tennessee game and noted at one point the TV commentators talked about what a good guy he was...if my memory is correct, they said something like "mature young man" and said he was polite etc.

Top atheltes have to be confident. I don't think Coach Kampe's comments are all that different than those our coach sometimes makes including, for example, his comments about some of our leaders: the good shooters want to have the ball and keep shooting. Good shooters seem to be convinced that everything they put up is going through the net.

I think a lot of teams would love to have Hamilton on their roster.
                    For the record, I'm pretty sure RO's tongue was planted firmly in his left...no, right cheek.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Agreed but there have been others who have been a little critical of Hamilton.

The games between the Jacks and Griz should be great contests.

Comment

I'm still waiting for MD's source on where Hamilton said that he only cared about how he looked and what he gained.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          Source? He seems like a pretty down to earth dude and from what I've seen plays unselfish basketball. I'm not sure if I've disagreed more with a post on this board.
                          Better fitting panties today?
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Oh, sorry I don't make asinine statements with no actual knowledge or backing. All of your comments and criticisms about the YPD are more amusing now, though.

Comment

Maybe it's because it's getting closer to finals week.

RO has a point although maybe he should prove his point with some better words.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Oh, sorry I don't make asinine statements with no actual knowledge or backing. All of your comments and criticisms about the YPD are more amusing now, though.
                                I guess the answer would be no.

and

Deep Throat is my source.

and

I'd rather say things that amuse or are asinine once in awhile than be a jackass all the time (Clarification: I am not calling RO a jackass that is in reference to his tagline).

Now, back to the other scores portion of the forum. I apologize for inciting this mini riot. 2 lashes for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X