Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND cancels Summit Site visit...

visit canceled

Next week's Summit League visit to UND has been canceled. UND just made the official announcement.

Go ahead, draw your own conclusions.
    http://waynenelson.areavoices.com/20...isit-canceled/

Re: UND cancels Summit Site visit...

Wow!!! Well....see ya in the Big Sky!
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      Wow!!! Well....see ya in the Big Sky!
      For some reason, I can see this back firing on both the UXDs. You have to ask why would they want to add them now, and if they really want them or just stability. There is a right choice and a right now choice, I think both are in the latter.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This could backfire on the XDSU's as well. The Southland is about to lose a few schools, better hope ORU loves the Summit...

Comment

As to why and why now ... Certainly stability, if indeed Montana and Montana State are leaving. But also, wasn't there recent discussion about efforts by conferences to create FCS super conferences? Isn't this at least partly what led to the Summit interest in FB, possibly in conjunction with the MVC? Or am I all wet?
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

The first domino just tipped! Fasten your seatbelts!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

This send the two U's off to the Big Sky, while the two SU's keep building their case for eventual MVC conference action.

We're still two years away from the evolution of the Big East into two conferences. One will be the FBS football schools, and the other will be the private high basketball powers. Don't be surprised to see Creighton, Drake, Bradley, and the other privates in the MVC asked to consider membership in that private, mainly Catholic church league.

This leaves the remaining MVC looking like an FCS power conference of good sized public schools. Geez, who does that resemble? WIU, NDSU, SDSU may get that invite into the MVC.

The other thing that having the U's head west, is that it opens up the door to really turn Sioux Falls, and 95% of South Dakota onto the easily followed SDSU team that's playing in the Eastern or Central Time zones, against teams already known. Also, if there is no league requirement to renew the rivalries, Jacks can truly chose what's in SDSU best interest.

IMHO, it's a shame that it's coming to this, but only time will tell if it was a good move or a bad move by the U's.

I do know that both Summit and MVFC membership has been really good situation for SDSU, and Sioux Falls region of South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                Don't be surprised to see Creighton, Drake, Bradley, and the other privates in the MVC asked to consider membership in that private, mainly Catholic church league.
                And they'll turn them down.

Besides, there are more attractive Catholic schools in the overpacked A-10 (Dayton, Xavier, DePaul).

Comment

With all of the twists and turns ahead I am certainly glad we have the leadership at the top that we have right now. I am sure President Chicoine and Justin are keeping close tabs on whats happening and what is best for our Jackrabbits.

Comment

It's been interesting and entertaining following the Big Sky development. I understand USD and UND not wanting to risk being football-homeless so take the surething with the Big Sky. I think the Big Sky gets a couple of schools which will be a credit to their league.

Now lets focus on winning the Valley...it starts tomorrow: 1-0.

See you 'round, Yotes!

Comment

All I can say is have fun traveling (busing) to Oregon, Washington, Western Montana for womens soccer, softball, baseball, and all the other non-profit, small budget sports.

Say hypothetically that Montana and Montana State leave. SUU joins with USD and UND

The conference would be like this for football
                      Eastern Washington, Weber State, Northern Arizona, Sacramento State, Portland State, Northern Colorado and Idaho State, Southern UTah, UC-Davis, Cal-Poly, USD, and UND

Say they play 8 conference games, you can assume that it would probably be broke into divisions. So UNC, USD, UND, SUU, Weber State, and Northern Arizona. Eastern Wash, Sac. State, Portland State, Idaho State, UC-Davis, and Cal-Poly

So say its. UND, @UNC, SUU, @Weber State, Northern Arizona, @ Eastern Washing, UC-Davis and @ Cal-Poly. Then the next year you'd go to Fargo, SUU, Northern Arizona, and then say Portland State. That is still a tough travel schedule.

Have fun with that schedule, and that is for football. Your closest away game will be Greely and that is 10-12 hours on a bus plus a time zone change.

I'm not saying it can't be done....

If anything is wrong with my analyzing just say so, I'm kinda doing it off the top of my head. Could see N. Arizona and Idaho State being switched around.

Comment

Agreed, JackJD. 1-0 this week.

I follow the Coyotes when the Jacks aren't playing and it'll be fun to see how they do in the BSC should they choose to go that route. It's all very interesting.

My only concern is that when USD brings their red pants to Eastern Washington's red turf the overwhelming clash of reds might make the earth explode. Other than that, good luck to them.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                          This could backfire on the XDSU's as well. The Southland is about to lose a few schools, better hope ORU loves the Summit...
                          I'm not saying the southland won't do it, but I read somewhere on the ORU site that they tried to get into the southland years ago and were turned down due to their being a small private school. In addition, the Southland is going to need FB schools which ORU is not. If they lose the two, they will be down to 7 in FB (UTSA not yet playing FCS). Losing the two in BB just drops them to 10 which is still a very viable conference.

I'm not overly concerned about the Summit. With all the changes coming over the next few years who knows what our conference situation in BB will look like. In addition, if they chose a BB only you have to think UALR would be in the mix before ORU.
                          Last edited by jacksfan29; 10-30-2010, 09:24 AM.

Comment

The Yotes might not be ready to go to the BSC.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...02/1002/SPORTS

Comment

Anyone else think maybe the Valley might have had a secret talk with USD about hanging in there and they will be in the Valley? UND is too far to go and USD really sits in a nice location? Pure speculation but it could be interesting
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Working...
                              X