And another: Bison LB arrested for DUI

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Re: Trouble with the law

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      And another: Bison LB arrested for DUI

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/
      At least he looks happy....the guys a 2nd year scout team player....must be a slow news day in fargo...back when Rocky was the coach I believe the Police had a program at the station to help identify some of the problem children.....I believe times have changed under Bohl
      Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
      Muhammad Ali

Comment

I know how all these stories go, but I met a guy who knew Bohl when he was at Nebraska---did not have good things to say about the man's ethics...

Take it FWIW--he volunteered the information--I didn't say anything like, "oh? you got any dirt on him?" He just spilled the details.

Not trying to start anything here, I'm just repeating what I heard from someone who was in a position to know.

Collectively, the program at NDSU has gone beyond the 'boys will be boys' stage, and, IMO, this string of incidents raises the question of Bohl's character as much as his ability to manage his team.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
          I know how all these stories go, but I met a guy who knew Bohl when he was at Nebraska---did not have good things to say about the man's ethics...

Take it FWIW--he volunteered the information--I didn't say anything like, "oh? you got any dirt on him?" He just spilled the details.

Not trying to start anything here, I'm just repeating what I heard from someone who was in a position to know.

Collectively, the program at NDSU has gone beyond the 'boys will be boys' stage, and, IMO, this string of incidents raises the question of Bohl's character as much as his ability to manage his team.
          Having lived in Nebraska for about 20 years, I got a good idea what this Nebraskan told you about Bohl and its not worthy of mention at this point in time. Bohl and a couple other coaches were let go and they were AD's Steve Pedersen's sacrificial lambs and I believe they were defensive coaches. Its a while back but some of the Big Red folks will surely recall why the coaches were offically released.

Bohl has been at NDSU a few years now and the pressure on his job security has to be building. With all the bad publicity, he is going to have to put together a good season this year and heaven help him if he finishes fourth or lower in the MVC. Football is very important at NDSU as though none of us here knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I got a good idea what this Nebraskan told you about Bohl and its not worthy of mention at this point in time.
            No--he knew Bohl personally, was a neighbor of his.

He wasn't repeating the party-line about Bohl's departure. Although he and a friend of his got a good chuckle out of Colorado putting up 600 yards on Bohl's defense.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
              No--he knew Bohl personally, was a neighbor of his.

He wasn't repeating the party-line about Bohl's departure. Although he and a friend of his got a good chuckle out of Colorado putting up 600 yards on Bohl's defense.
              Thanks for link as its been a while and was only a closet fan when I lived there, and kind of jumped for joy when the defense went south, as the husker arrogance is more sickning than Bison arrogance.

Comment

Thanks for link as its been a while and was only a closet fan when I lived there, and kind of jumped for joy when the defense went south, as the husker arrogance is more sickning than Bison arrogance.
                What got the conversation going was my lament about the combination of rabid fans and an ugly color (the theme in Lincoln seems to be if it's moving put a Husker shirt on it, and if it isn't moving paint it red.) I mentioned that my alma mater actually had TWO colors, not just the one which led around to him knowing Bohl.

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
                  the guys a 2nd year scout team player....must be a slow news day in fargo...
                  And it made ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4345613

Comment

It's the third sentence that explains why it's on ESPN. The vultures love a fresh corpse...

Comment

Just an early morning observation. Why is that athletes getting into trouble with the law seems to be an almost exclusive all-male club?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                        Just an early morning observation. Why is that athletes getting into trouble with the law seems to be an almost exclusive all-male club?
                        Its about hormones and gonads and soft brains.

Comment

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner.

Comment

Don't forget about the availability, access to, and general acceptance of the use of "mind altering" substances, most often in liquid form.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Don't forget about the availability, access to, and general acceptance of the use of "mind altering" substances, most often in liquid form.
                              And that is different than when you went to school? I know when I attended SDSU in the late 70's to early 80's it was more available, it was in the dorms(most commonly in the 3.2 form). I knew maybe 1 guy who was picked up for DUI....it's not the availability....but rather the police don't look the other way...or pull you over...and say get your butt home.
                              Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                              Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
                                And that is different than when you went to school? I know when I attended SDSU in the late 70's to early 80's it was more available, it was in the dorms(most commonly in the 3.2 form). I knew maybe 1 guy who was picked up for DUI....it's not the availability....but rather the police don't look the other way...or pull you over...and say get your butt home.
                                Stupidity, especially the male species of teenagers and young adults, seems to be more prevalent in today's society. Look at some of the pro athletes who have gone down the tube (Pacman Jones, Mike Vick, Donte Stallworth) are fairly young. I might be making a generalization of things, but it's what I've noticed in my free time.

Comment

Working...
                                X