X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackJD
    replied
    Re: Trouble in Vermillion

From today's (3/19/19) Argus Leader: Former University of South Dakota Football Player Get Probation in Rape Case.
    Williamson pleaded "no contest" to aggravated assault and got 10 years probation, credit for 96 days served. Near the end of the news story, it is reported Williamson may play football for Missouri Southern State University.

Link to the Argus article:

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...se/3173472002/

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    I don't know anything about the specifics of this case, and I am not a lawyer. However, possessing drugs within your blood stream is a crime in South Dakota, I believe.

https://www.alternet.org/drugs/crazi...ing-smoked-pot
    How all the sudden did this topic turn to athletes using drugs? I thought we were talking about alleged rape. I must be missing something.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Since we are being Technical and all. The residual components of drugs can be traced in urine streams for quite some time as they are stored in the fatty tissues within the body. South Dakota's law addresses bloodstream not urine. Most drug tox screenings are done via urinalysis. So while you might be able to provide proof that someone had done drugs in the past couple of months that's not against the law in South Dakota as in you won't be arrested for it.

My guess is the NCAA test and the school's test are not overly complex. (I might be way off on that) to clarify what I mean by that is I don't think the test used in the NCAA would have caught the blood doping that Lance Armstrong was doing heck even their tests which were looking for it had a hard time finding him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    The players taunting during last week's game is what I objected to, and as you allude to, pretty much all he could directly control.

Clark and Slade were suspended for use (demonstrated by failed drug tests) rather than possession, correct? Slight distinction, but one would involve criminal offense, while the other a violation of team/NCAA rules.
    I don't know anything about the specifics of this case, and I am not a lawyer. However, possessing drugs within your blood stream is a crime in South Dakota, I believe.

https://www.alternet.org/drugs/crazi...ing-smoked-pot

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Argus Leader now reporting (11.27.17) the new arrest (for second-degree rape) of Williamson relates back to an incident in March.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Clark and Slade were suspended for use (demonstrated by failed drug tests) rather than possession, correct? Slight distinction, but one would involve criminal offense, while the other a violation of team/NCAA rules.
    And Clark is no longer on the team for not living up to expectations placed upon after he was suspended.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

I guess regarding the specific legal issues . . . I'm not moving off of "wait and see."

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
    Honestly what else could he do? He did not recruit this player and kicked him off before any charges. Seems like Nielsen has run a pretty tight ship and kicked off another player who was caught for possession. That is something Stig didn't even do.
    You are correct. Must be careful when throwing stones.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
    Honestly what else could he do? He did not recruit this player and kicked him off before any charges. Seems like Nielsen has run a pretty tight ship and kicked off another player who was caught for possession. That is something Stig didn't even do.
    The players taunting during last week's game is what I objected to, and as you allude to, pretty much all he could directly control.

Leave a comment:

• JacksFTW
    replied

Hopefully our assessments of Nielson's ethics are inaccurate and/or he devotes more attention to the nature of the athletes recruited (for the sake of USD students and Vermillion residents) and Jacks fans maintain humility and recognize our good fortune.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Perhaps Nielsen should live up to his image by teaching his players not to taunt injured or tackled opponents who are laid out on the turf. Then he could go after bad, off-field behavior. He's got a lot of work to do.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Hopefully our assessments of Nielson's ethics are inaccurate and/or he devotes more attention to the nature of the athletes recruited (for the sake of USD students and Vermillion residents) and Jacks fans maintain humility and recognize our good fortune.
    Not necessarily reflecting on Coach Nielsen, but if you follow the commits that SDSU is getting as opposed to USD, they are in the position of being a risk taker in order to close the gap.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I was about to make nearly the same post, but one detail that was not mentioned in the KELO story was that details surrounding this latest charge would be disclosed on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    According to the Argus, this is a new warrant and charge, unrelated to the October charges. That's what the police chief was quoted as saying anyways.

I know innocent until proven guilty, etc......But a potential repeat offender??????

What a mess.

Something tells me this will not be the last incident of this nature in Bob Nielsen's tenure down there.
    I was about to make nearly the same post, but one detail that was not mentioned in the KELO story was that details surrounding this latest charge would be disclosed on Monday. You would hope this would be the last incident, but who knows. USD is the risk taker in terms of recruiting for football.
    To think we are passing over NW Iowa guys for more skilled guys from Arizona. Everything being equal in terms of moral character SDSU has better choices than USD.

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    According to the Argus, this is a new warrant and charge, unrelated to the October charges. That's what the police chief was quoted as saying anyways.

I know innocent until proven guilty, etc......But a potential repeat offender??????

What a mess.

Something tells me this will not be the last incident of this nature in Bob Nielsen's tenure down there.
    This is what worries me. Stuff like this can really ruin a program even if you are winning games. Not the kind of people you want to bring to SD.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X