Bad odor from NDSU Administration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad odor from NDSU Administration

Today's Fargo Forum is calling for Breciani to resign. Surprised? no. I dont see how he can survive and he has had other problems with the board of education who is his boss.

http://www.inforum.com/opinion/edito...s-are-not-born

Somewhere else I read that all the presidents in the North Dakota system had been approved for raises except for the NDSU president.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      There was a bid process. Those who made a big stink about this LOST. Everyone had their chance. I agree with the president that if the losers would have been the winners they would have demanded the same protections.

If one was so worried about access, maybe you should have assembled a better bid.
      Didn't WDAY have the contract before this year? I can't remember who had it for sure but if they did, they didn't ask for these protections if they did have it. They probably didn't need them since Izzo and Kolpack are very good at what they do.

Also, if the protections weren't known at the time of the bidding process, that's a problem.

Comment

KFGO had the radio contract and they took it away from WDAY if memory serves me right. Right now they got big TV coverage on KVLY and NBC affiliates in ND, and the flag station for radio is an FM Media which does not include AM coverage as I understand it.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/408446...ison-athletics

My oh my Scott Miller KFGO radio passed away during basketball season and was replaced by Bob Michaels. Izzo and Joe Kolpack worked together since Fargo Forum and WDAY are owned by Forum Communications and I dont thing they did much in live broadcasting of the games.

Comment

I wish we had this problem. I mean the one about media rights. The Dean at NDSU handled it very poorly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I do not disagree with your statement, TK. It would have been much smarter of the President to make the same statement when asked about it rather than say he didn't know about it.

I think NDSU's President should get kicked around because he denied knowing about the policy change and made the AD take a hit for it when it appears the President did know about the policy. This President is willing to make up facts to protect his position. Sure, we see behavior like that on a regular basis from lots of people in many walks of life. I just don't like it when it happens. The issue the President decided to lie about was a minor issue when one considers all issues that university presidents face every day. He's willing to lie about minor stuff. From this point on, I would have a hard time listening to him on important matters.
            Agree completely. The president should be allowed to change his position, but no need to lie along the way. We need honest leaders here in the Midwest and this country. I know which way I'm voting in November. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Agree completely. The president should be allowed to change his position, but no need to lie along the way. We need honest leaders here in the Midwest and this country. I know which way I'm voting in November. Yep, I went there!
              You absolute daredevil!
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Gary Johnson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Please stop.

Comment

Please stop.
                    Talk about elections in a thread discussing deception by a public servant is absolutely appropriate, IMO.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Please stop.
                      Scott...that you?

https://youtu.be/q3WuHTn2qXs
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Email records forcibly released for public scrutiny apparently exposed the NDSU president's fibs. Sadly, in South Dakota government emails like that probably would remain a secret.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          Email records forcibly released for public scrutiny apparently exposed the NDSU president's fibs. Sadly, in South Dakota government emails like that probably would remain a secret.
                          Obviously South Dakota has nothing to hide. No emails, no problem.

The NDSU president should just blame it on Russia. Nobody cares about lies or corruption if you blame their discovery on Russia.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            It never fails, I lose it every time I watch these. This should be a Monday ritual, already made my week.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              Talk about elections in a thread discussing deception by a public servant is absolutely appropriate, IMO.
                              I'm not seeking opinions on the subject. We've maintained a strict policy of keeping political discussions off this board. Some topics such as NDSU's new policy, now revoked, about media access and the manner in which the policy was handled by the President and AD may be a lead-in to politics but we're not going to venture into politics (particularly this year!).

FILBERT: Anything to add?

Comment

I'm not seeking opinions on the subject. We've maintained a strict policy of keeping political discussions off this board. Some topics such as NDSU's new policy, now revoked, about media access and the manner in which the policy was handled by the President and AD may be a lead-in to politics but we're not going to venture into politics (particularly this year!).

FILBERT: Anything to add?
                                The purpose of the "no politics" policy is to discourage needless divisive political discussions (in particular, electoral politics) between Jackrabbit fans. I think it should be apparent to pretty much everyone that politics is a subject where there are very strong, very different attitudes, and those attitudes are often not well expressed or well understood by others on line. If you want to talk politics, especially electoral politics, there are millions of other Internet sites on which you can do so. That is not the purpose or intent of this board. We're all supposed to be Jackrabbit fans together (for the most part, not to leave out our esteemed opponents' fans from the considerations).

It's an election year, in case people haven't noticed. Things get especially insane in an election year. Let's all try not to be insane in that particular way here. Please?

Now, if somebody insists on bringing politics onto the board and just won't stop, the moderators may, at their discretion, decide that they intend to be divisive and disruptive, and based on that decision have the authority to ban them temporarily or permanently for being disruptive.

I would very much prefer if people did not so insist. So, if a moderator should call somebody on it, I'd suggest that wisdom would lead the transgressor to show at least some small degree of remorse and apology for the transgression.

I hope that sounds somewhat reasonable to everyone.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X