Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum blogger knocks NDSU Ath Admin

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    McFeeley was on Saturday Morning Sportstalk with Ruesse on 1500 ESPN in the twin cities as well. Ruesse finds it humorous as well and has pledged to cheer against the mighty Bison. You can't make this stuff up.

McFeeley stated that he heard Gameday is planning to return. Bohl and the Bison had a policy against press at practice and they made an exception for ESPN before. I suspect they will do the same again.
    Mcfeeley is NOT an NDSU fan, he would bash anything, unless this benefitted him, which it doesnt because his free trips may be ending. If Forum Communications (who Mcfeeley works for and also Jeff Kolpack and Dom Izzo) were the ones who won the media rights bids they would be all for this. Stunningly they re all up in the air because their employer was dead last in the bids. you have to pay to play
    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
      Mcfeeley is NOT an NDSU fan, he would bash anything, unless this benefitted him, which it doesnt because his free trips may be ending. If Forum Communications (who Mcfeeley works for and also Jeff Kolpack and Dom Izzo) were the ones who won the media rights bids they would be all for this. Stunningly they re all up in the air because their employer was dead last in the bids. you have to pay to play
      How do you know how they would react to an entirely fictional event? Seems like a ****ty move for NDSU and trying to justify it by assuming the other side would want it in their favor doesn't actually seem to justify the new policy.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        How do you know how they would react to an entirely fictional event? Seems like a ****ty move for NDSU and trying to justify it by assuming the other side would want it in their favor doesn't actually seem to justify the new policy.
        NDSU has done no wrong since they are THE North Dakota State Bizon.

I don't care that they won what, 10 straight straight FCS titles? These new rules are ridiculous. Not even actual big time programs have them. They basically gave the middle finger to the rest of the local media who helped build that brand. Now they want to protect themselves? Not a very "Dakota Friendly" thing to do. Remember where you came from. I would be ashamed if SDSU did anything like this.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          fyi, this is for media in the FM market only, national media is different AKA ESPN
          I don't know if I'm a big fan of this attitude or not. To me it says, you didn't pay us enough money so we are blocking you out but the people that can help us AKA ESPN have special rules.
          I can see SDSU trying to get more money, too, but they haven't gone this far, yet.
          Maybe that is just some of the effects of the money it takes to make it big in DI.

Comment

NDSU rescinds new media policy. AD apologizes.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              NDSU rescinds new media policy. AD apologizes.
              Wow. I bet that was a pleasant conversation between the President and Athletic Director.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                Wow. I bet that was a pleasant conversation between the President and Athletic Director.
                You would think that with something like this, they maybe should have run it past him before they announced it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  You would think that with something like this, they maybe should have run it past him before they announced it.
                  Exactly what I meant. The conversation after the fact, including "how the hell did I not know about this ahead of time", is the conversation that I'm guessing wasn't pleasant.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Does the AD still have his job?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      I'm assuming the president knew but just trying to save face. You don't make a change like this without running it by the president.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        I'm assuming the president knew but just trying to save face. You don't make a change like this without running it by the president.
                        Mango, when I read the above post, I thought you were likely wrong. Your statement could only be true if the NDSU President AND the AD decided to join in a lie on a subject that just wasn't worth lying about.

Boy, was I wrong. Mango nailed it. Get a load of the revelations in this story in the Argus Leader. I think there's no question the NDSU President and the AD agreed to screw with the truth. http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ines/88341268/

I understand the ND equivalent of our Board of Regents, has approved contract renewals for all ND university Presidents with the exception of NDSU's Bresciani. This latest screwup is a fireable offense.

It appears that ethical behavior is down the toilet in the wake of tremendous success in football at NDSU.

Bresciani and the AD, Larson, sold out cheap. This was just not a big deal. What would have been the additional harm if Bresciani had said he knew about the policy change and in light of the reaction, the school is reassessing its position? Instead they lie to the press. Rob Port, the blogger and Forum columnist has always seemed to want to grind an axe about NDSU and I have not have a favorable impression of him. In this case, my hat's off to him for pointing out the dishonesty of a university president and athletic director. Now the North Dakota taxpayers, acting through their State Board of Higher Education, can decide whether those are the guys who should be leading the largest university in the state.

I just changed the title for this thread.

Comment

Bresciani is often a topic of attack by Joel Hietkamp talk show host on KFGO. He is a former football ref and brother to Senator Heitkamp. I suspect the Argus article and Rob Ports blogs will give him new ammo. Worth a listen next week. It makes me wonder what Gene Taylor, former AD, would have done when presented with this option? Taylor seemed to have a moral compass.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 08-07-2016, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Re: Bad odor from NDSU Administration

Just an FYI.

Last Sunday, Michelle Beadle and Ramona Shelbourne talked about this issue on their TMI podcast.

It was pretty funny. They really thought NDSU was out of their gourds.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/podcas...ve?id=14766084

Comment

There was a bid process. Those who made a big stink about this LOST. Everyone had their chance. I agree with the president that if the losers would have been the winners they would have demanded the same protections.

If one was so worried about access, maybe you should have assembled a better bid.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                                There was a bid process. Those who made a big stink about this LOST. Everyone had their chance. I agree with the president that if the losers would have been the winners they would have demanded the same protections.

If one was so worried about access, maybe you should have assembled a better bid.
                                I do not disagree with your statement, TK. It would have been much smarter of the President to make the same statement when asked about it rather than say he didn't know about it.

I think NDSU's President should get kicked around because he denied knowing about the policy change and made the AD take a hit for it when it appears the President did know about the policy. This President is willing to make up facts to protect his position. Sure, we see behavior like that on a regular basis from lots of people in many walks of life. I just don't like it when it happens. The issue the President decided to lie about was a minor issue when one considers all issues that university presidents face every day. He's willing to lie about minor stuff. From this point on, I would have a hard time listening to him on important matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X