• Show
Clear All

• Re: Coach Nielsen seeking multi year contract

beat_dead_horse2.jpgMust be a slow day in Brookings

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]772[/ATTACH]Must be a slow day in Brookings
      And the name of that horse is Mr Ed. No reason to fear him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]772[/ATTACH]Must be a slow day in Brookings
        Pot, kettle.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm mostly OK with this outcome. The BOR is following their rules about how to change a policy.

There is evidence that a highly paid state employee may not have followed the rules. Move along, nothing to see here.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            I'm mostly OK with this outcome. The BOR is following their rules about how to change a policy.

There is evidence that a highly paid state employee may not have followed the rules. Move along, nothing to see here.
            I'm with SF, for me it was a policy issue if they made an exception.

I never really cared much who was trying to pull shnanagins. Other than it seems to be their M.O.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              Filbert is 100% right, multi year contracts don't do any good at a school like sdsu or USD, no coach is going to stay cuz of a small buyout in his contract if he wants to leave. Yeah you might get a few more applicants but that is it, and as a teacher I can already hear the why do sports get the exemption here, why don't all state employees?
              True, but to me it's not about tying coaches to fulfill their contracts, or a huge risk that SD schools will start firing coaches early and paying co.trsct buyouts. It is simply about the avoidance of an inherent disadvantage when lookimg to hire new coaches. You can't tell me that we can't compete to get the best mid-major level coaches available, unless another mid-major school is able to offer a 4 year contract when we simply can't do that.
              It might not cripple us in hiring, but those who say that it won't have any effect on our hiring ability can't truly believe that. If we hire from outside the program and/or immediate region it may be true that a multi-year contract may not change the candidates interested on our job, but how can anyone say that an FCS level head coaching candidate might not choose another FCS level position over SDSU if the per year salary was competitive but the other school was able to offer a 3 year contract.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                Filbert is 100% right, multi year contracts don't do any good at a school like sdsu or USD, no coach is going to stay cuz of a small buyout in his contract if he wants to leave. Yeah you might get a few more applicants but that is it, and as a teacher I can already hear the why do sports get the exemption here, why don't all state employees?
                Agree with this, any coach we have is going to "move up" in the college ranks if they get that opportunity. Even if the policy is changed, I do not see us pushing to include buyouts in our coaching contracts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
                X