Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Craig Bohl To Wyoming

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
    If the Klieman rumor holds true, I would guess Bohl grabs Hazelton from Nevada for a DC. It would be a win-win-win-win. Bohl gets a DC he knows who also happens to have Rocky Mountain recruiting and MWC general knowledge. Hazelton gets about a $100k bump in salary. Kleiman gets a $100k bump in salary plus the chance to see if he's HC material. NDSU gets continuity and the recruits are less likely to bolt.
    I figured it might work something like that. Bohl moves on the next guy is deserving to step up and be the hc yet Bohl has potential guys to fill in when or if some of his current staff stays in new positions at ndsu. Like charlie sheen said is that's like double bi-winning.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Craig Bohl loves his planes.

Of course Wyoming would want him to announce ASAP in order to keep their recruits. It will be interesting to see how many of the NDSU recruits jump ship. I certainly would. This is a great opportunity for SDSU to pick up some unhappy campers. All is fair in the realm of D1 football.

If there were odds in FCS, I wonder how much they changed for the game since this was announced? It is now ripe for a very large upset. Losing your head coach before a game is very traumatic.

This is America and Coach Bohl has every right to better himself. But, besides the money how much better is Wyoming? I know some recruits would prefer SDSU and NDSU to playing at Wyoming. It is a long way for their family to come watch them play.

My theory is Coach Bohl was up for and really wanted the Gopher job that Coach Kill got. Coach Kill had to move up from Southern Illinois to Northern Illinois to get hired at a Big Ten University. It appears this is the path Craig Bohl is taking with a very nice salary and perks. Go Cowboys Go.

The other benefit for SDSU is this further opens up the state of Minnesota for SDSU recruiting. Minnesota has only one D1 football/basketball team (threw in basketball because Wolters is from St Cloud MN). Coach Bohl had a definite pipeline with Minnesota players. This now ends. Coach Kill is recruiting fewer Minnesota players. SDSU now has a real opportunity for Minnesota recruits and to start the Minnesota pipeline. I now count 16 Minnesota players on the Jacks current roster including notables R C Kilgore, Cam Jones, Schneider, and Zach Zenner. And you may as well throw in Brian Witzmann because he lives right on the border. Not bad players. Not? I count 34 Minnesota players on the Bison roster. You think Craig Bohl will try to keep that Minnesota connection going to Wyoming? You betcha he will. Stig has a real opportunity here. Lets get that stadium built!

I will miss Craig Bohl because no other coach was as fun to beat. It will be fun having the Dakota Marker next year!

Comment

I been looking at the WYO website, and Bohl will inherit good talent on offense so the website states. His predecessor was there for 5 years and got the axe for having a 25 and 37 Win-loss record. About 40%. Joe Glenn's record was 30-41,and preceded Dave Christensen. Wyo. has had some great coaches, some have stayed only one year. Those would include Pat Dye and Dennis Erickson.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
          Craig Bohl loves his planes.

Of course Wyoming would want him to announce ASAP in order to keep their recruits. It will be interesting to see how many of the NDSU recruits jump ship. I certainly would. This is a great opportunity for SDSU to pick up some unhappy campers. All is fair in the realm of D1 football.

If there were odds in FCS, I wonder how much they changed for the game since this was announced? It is now ripe for a very large upset. Losing your head coach before a game is very traumatic.

This is America and Coach Bohl has every right to better himself. But, besides the money how much better is Wyoming? I know some recruits would prefer SDSU and NDSU to playing at Wyoming. It is a long way for their family to come watch them play.

My theory is Coach Bohl was up for and really wanted the Gopher job that Coach Kill got. Coach Kill had to move up from Southern Illinois to Northern Illinois to get hired at a Big Ten University. It appears this is the path Craig Bohl is taking with a very nice salary and perks. Go Cowboys Go.

The other benefit for SDSU is this further opens up the state of Minnesota for SDSU recruiting. Minnesota has only one D1 football/basketball team (threw in basketball because Wolters is from St Cloud MN). Coach Bohl had a definite pipeline with Minnesota players. This now ends. Coach Kill is recruiting fewer Minnesota players. SDSU now has a real opportunity for Minnesota recruits and to start the Minnesota pipeline. I now count 16 Minnesota players on the Jacks current roster including notables R C Kilgore, Cam Jones, Schneider, and Zach Zenner. And you may as well throw in Brian Witzmann because he lives right on the border. Not bad players. Not? I count 34 Minnesota players on the Bison roster. You think Craig Bohl will try to keep that Minnesota connection going to Wyoming? You betcha he will. Stig has a real opportunity here. Lets get that stadium built!

I will miss Craig Bohl because no other coach was as fun to beat. It will be fun having the Dakota Marker next year!
          For Bohl to be successful at the FBS level, he is going to have to have better players than he has recruited at NDSU. Some of those guys would be great at the FBS level, but overall he will have to upgrade the recruiting. I have no doubt at all that he will be able to accomplish this goal. He has recruited to Nebraska. He knows what it takes to play at that level and he obviously can sell kids on playing in a god forsaken area. Bohl and company will be fine. I'm interested to see what happens with NDSU. That could either be a trainwreck or championship as usual. A few down years and the luster of Gameday and all the championships will give way to cold isolation in the Netherlands.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            For Bohl to be successful at the FBS level, he is going to have to have better players than he has recruited at NDSU. Some of those guys would be great at the FBS level, but overall he will have to upgrade the recruiting. I have no doubt at all that he will be able to accomplish this goal. He has recruited to Nebraska. He knows what it takes to play at that level and he obviously can sell kids on playing in a god forsaken area. Bohl and company will be fine. I'm interested to see what happens with NDSU. That could either be a trainwreck or championship as usual. A few down years and the luster of Gameday and all the championships will give way to cold isolation in the Netherlands.
            lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I been looking at the WYO website, and Bohl will inherit good talent on offense so the website states. His predecessor was there for 5 years and got the axe for having a 25 and 37 Win-loss record. About 40%. Joe Glenn's record was 30-41,and preceded Dave Christensen. Wyo. has had some great coaches, some have stayed only one year. Those would include Pat Dye and Dennis Erickson.
              Assuming their QB Brett Smith comes back, their offense will be alright. The defense is and has been the issue for quite some time their.

Comment

NDSU (Wyoming) coaches are now are starting to offer recruits who they were offering to come to NDSU. So much for the clause that was in Bohl's NDSU contract (which was going to be near impossible to enforce in the first place).

None of the verbals have changed their decisions.

Comment

Working...
                X