• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Music

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    Good Metal from 2008

1) Opeth - "Watershed"
    2) Gojira - "The Way of all Flesh
    3) Toadies - "No Deliverance" (hard rock - not quite metal)
    4) Trivium - "Shogun"
    5) The Sword - "Gods of the Earth"
    6) Iced Earth - "The Crucible of Man"
    Thanks MJA. I got a chance to see the toadies open for White Zombie back in 1996 or 97. Kinda forgot about them after possum kingdom.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

If anyone is a Wilco fan, you should do anything possible to catch them on their latest tour. Just came back from their show in Milwaukee tonight which kicked off the tour. 3 hours of rockin stuff. They played songs from every album and were on point the entire show. If you're a Wilco fan, you shouldn't miss it.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
        If anyone is a Wilco fan, you should do anything possible to catch them on their latest tour. Just came back from their show in Milwaukee tonight which kicked off the tour. 3 hours of rockin stuff. They played songs from every album and were on point the entire show. If you're a Wilco fan, you shouldn't miss it.
        Wilco will be playing the 10,000 Lakes Festival in Detroit Lakes, MN this summer. Dave Matthews Band will also be playing.

Comment

What shows are people planning on going to in Summer of 09?

I'm going to try to go to The Offspring/Alkiline Trio in Sioux City in the end of May.

Hopefully a blink-182 show close by whenever they release their tour dates.

If Spill Canvas is in Sioux Falls again, I'll prolly go again. I went last year when they were with Motion City Soundtrack and Sing It Loud. I doubt it would be as good of a lineup this year, but who knows.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post

I'm going to try to go to The Offspring/Alkiline Trio in Sioux City in the end of May.

Hopefully a blink-182 show close by whenever they release their tour dates.

If Spill Canvas is in Sioux Falls again, I'll prolly go again. I went last year when they were with Motion City Soundtrack and Sing It Loud. I doubt it would be as good of a lineup this year, but who knows.
            I want to get out to Red Rocks and see Death Cab for Cutie in June or July can't remember which.

If Spill Canvas is in Sioux Falls, I will for sure go, but not sure if they will be there as I think they are going to be recording soon.

Comment

Not sure if I will be making any concerts this year. Usually I go to sonshine music festival and a few others around like we fest but I think im plannin on taking one of those weekends to go tubing down the niobrara(sp) river instead. I will just get my fix listening to waylon jennings on youtube. Its great to be able to listen and watch any video of guys like waylon and the highway men and such on youtube.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                So far, two DMB shows. One in Des Moines in Sept. and one in KC like 5 days later. Only two planned right now. Guess we will see if anything else comes up to see. I am sure there will be. Lawrence has a ton of places to see live music.

EDIT: Just remembered, whenever Bob Dylan and Willy Nelson release their tour dates, I will try to see that too.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

No big concert adventures for me this year. Maybe take the wife to Corn Palace to see David Cook and try to decide if I want to catch Joan Jett there also.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Sadly staying home this year, too. Would love to see Springsteen at The X in a couple weeks, but just can't do it this time. First Bruce concert tour I'll miss in 10 years ...
                    "You trusted us"

Comment

Here's a couple of bands to check out on CD:

Gear Daddies - Billy's Live Bait
                      Ded Walleye
                      O.A.R. - great song "Crazy Game of Poker"
                      Del Fuegos - "Don't Run Wild"

Comment

VERY funny remix of the video for "Total Eclipse of the Heart"
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Holy cow, that was an amazing find filbert. reps to you.
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

There had been a time I liked that song and that video. Now, it's ruined forever! (make the video look like a bunch of bullcrap!)

Great find!

Comment

The song was "ruined" for me by Old School, I can't sing it the right way anymore.
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                                The song was "ruined" for me by Old School, I can't sing it the right way anymore.
                                Ruined, or made better? I love that movie.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X