Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Music

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    One of my favorite songs is Colin Hay singing "Overkill" acoustically. Here's a link of him singing it on Bob & Tom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XUeB3eO9qU
    Thanks for the link! I have "Business as Usual" album (yes, I said ALBUM- the only one I own) but have never heard the acoustic version of the song. Will soon be on my Ipod.

Comment

I gotta say I'm a big George Strait fun myself.. I also like hard rock too like Avenged Sevenfold, All That Remains, Devildriver, Slipknot etc.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
        Thanks for the link! I have "Business as Usual" album (yes, I said ALBUM- the only one I own) but have never heard the acoustic version of the song. Will soon be on my Ipod.
        Here is a clip of him singing "Who Can It Be Now?" at one of his Milwaukee shows. He really is an awesome guy to see live. He's playing in Minneapolis sometime around the end of May (in Milwaukee on May 19). It's worth the drive if you get a chance to go see him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDQCY0xLeQI
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
          One new band that I listened to in 2009 that I loved is a band called fun. with the former lead singer of The Format. They are really poppy band and there first CD Aim and Ignite is definitely one of my favorites. I encourage anyone to give them a listen if they like up-beat pop music.
          I will have to check them out, I loved the Format. Really wish they didn't break up, their music was incredible

Comment

If anyone is looking for a couple killer albums to listen to, pick up Mumford & Sons "Sigh No More" and The Avett Brothers "I and Love and You". Both are more folky than anything, but really deserve a listen to get the full swing of what they sound like. Great music. Also, The Hold Steady put out a new album. The lead singer is originally from the Twin Cities. Good rock & roll music.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I would like to add Thousand Foot krutch to the discussion.. pretty good stuff for rock... and you'd never know it but they are billed as Christan rock.

Rawkfist

Up comes down

and my personal fave from them
              When in doubt

Comment

I've listened to them but it's just not my style of music anymore. But they are definitely good for their genre.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

My friends started a pop-rock band about 3-4 years ago called Paradise Fears. They started small, playing local battle of the bands (the won at USD, SDSU and DSU) and they started doing a bunch of self promotion. This summer they released a full length album produced by some pretty well known producers. After more self promotion they landed on a fall tour with All Time Low and the Ready Set, two very prominent bands in their genre. They are very pop-y and extremely talented. Check them out if you have a chance: http://www.facebook.com/paradisefears

They just released a video of them covering Stereo Hearts by the Gym Class Heroes and Adam Levine, a popular song on the radio right now. In my opinion, it's better than the original. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjXmDKIWp_4

Comment

Talented, and my taste usually runs rock to jazz with low tolerance for pop. With breaks they could get somewhere.
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Went to the symphony today. The classical mystery tour music of the beatles. It was pretty darn good. Never disapointed at the symphony. If you get the chance to go I highly recomend it. Cheap seats for 10 bucks. Tough to pass up quaility entertainment like that. Nice for my wife and I for a affordable date. The only bad part is the opening weekend was the same night as an sdsu game. Had to miss beethovens 5th boy that would have been awesome to hear the 4 most famous notes in music. Bom bom bom bom. I think next I bizets carmen. If youe not familair with it check on you tube then you will know it. I am looking forward to it already.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        My friends started a pop-rock band about 3-4 years ago called Paradise Fears. They started small, playing local battle of the bands (the won at USD, SDSU and DSU) and they started doing a bunch of self promotion. This summer they released a full length album produced by some pretty well known producers. After more self promotion they landed on a fall tour with All Time Low and the Ready Set, two very prominent bands in their genre. They are very pop-y and extremely talented. Check them out if you have a chance: http://www.facebook.com/paradisefears

They just released a video of them covering Stereo Hearts by the Gym Class Heroes and Adam Levine, a popular song on the radio right now. In my opinion, it's better than the original. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjXmDKIWp_4
                        Figure I'll pimp these guys again.

Two more cover videos:

Comment

So just saw willie nelson in concert for the 3 time last week in sioux city. I'm 31 but god to I love willie nelson. It was s little different his sister wasn't there who plaus piano and his guitar player retired but he still knows how to pick that old guitar trigger.

Up next for the concert tour Rush. I am stoaked to finally see these guys. Rush is simply amazing musically and lyrically. Gonna be a great show monday.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

New Mumford & Sons out this week.....
                            In case you've never heard Mumford & SOns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLJf9qJHR3E
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I just saw Jim Stafford. What a musician, and what a showman!
                              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

If anybody hasn't listened to Frank Ocean yet, you need to listen to Thinkin Bout You. Dude can sing
                                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X