Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Music

Originally posted by goon View Post
    The openning act churchill was pretty good. Liked their style sounded good. Philip philips is like dave matthews lite. Talks like him moves like him when plays guitar sings like him. His band was similar. Black drummer, a saxaphone which many bands don't use often. Only complaint he doesn't need to end every song with a 5 minute loop of the same guitar parts over and over. Some songs really were to long doing that. However his heavy rock stuff when they got the distortion on the guitar was pretty good. Just felt like I should have been hearing DMB songs when he sounds just like him. It was like hearing dave matthews sing some other guys songs. You don't know the song but makes um sound good so made it enjoyable.
    One of my favorite parts was the jam sessions they did. DMB is awesome but personally I like Phillip Phillips just a little bit more. He is like DM, but different in some ways.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I always forget how good Stephen Kellogg is and then I randomly start listening to him again, he's fantastic. His new single, Thanksgiving, came out like a week ago, it's pretty fantastic but it's a long listen checking in at just over 10 minutes.

Comment

Holy smoke, Mango, where've you been? Haven't seen you post in forever!?

Back on topic, I've never heard of Stephen Kellogg or Philip Phillips.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

I never heard of P2 until he came to sf and my wife wanted to go. Apparently he was on american idol or something. I don't know steven kellogg but I know steven lynch and most of his stuff is not very pc and nsfw imo.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I never heard of P2 until he came to sf and my wife wanted to go. Apparently he was on american idol or something. I don't know steven kellogg but I know steven lynch and most of his stuff is not very pc and nsfw imo.
            He won American Idol and also had the highest charting coronation song ever by an America Idol winner. I also think his album is the fastest selling American idol debut album since David Cook. The song "Home" also went 4X platinum.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

I've mostly just been lurking lately, haven't had a lot to say that hasn't been said. That and I've been too busy following one of the our basketball commits, Lane Severyn

Comment

Fall Out Boys comback album "Save Rock & Roll" comes out tonight at midnight on iTunes. They have been streaming it online for the last week and I must say I am impressed. From Under the Cork Tree used to be my jam. Guest artists are Foxes, Big Sean, Courtney Love, and the great Elton John

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                  Fall Out Boys comback album "Save Rock & Roll" comes out tonight at midnight on iTunes. They have been streaming it online for the last week and I must say I am impressed. From Under the Cork Tree used to be my jam. Guest artists are Foxes, Big Sean, Courtney Love, and the great Elton John
                  They seriously have a "greatest hits" album?

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                    They seriously have a "greatest hits" album?
                    Ya I guess so. Well they did release it AFTER they left music so I can kind of see why but most of the good songs are on From Under the Cork Tree

Comment

Eminem's MMLP2 is being released tonight at midnight. I preordered it and have listened to the album stream on iTunes. Dope album

Comment

To me ,this song seems to be about suffering tragedy,defeat,and then accepting it,reconciling with it,lamenting about it,and finding the courage,the fortitude to move on with renewed spirit and optimism starting anew.I'm probably completely wrong about what the lyrics really mean.
                        Anyway,it's a pretty melody that has a calming,soothing affect on me,anyway.

song,the promise,by globus.....for the "older,out to pasture crowd" + a little Dutch for Nidaros Enjoy.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyREJ9PpD7M

Comment

So anyone else as stoked as I am Rush is on tour again this spring. I think I am a little too Giddy to see them again.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

RUSH! YES! Might go see them in Kansas City. I've been to 3 concerts before.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
                              RUSH! YES! Might go see them in Kansas City. I've been to 3 concerts before.
                              I have only 1 time, several of their last tours just didnt work out for any of the dates around. I will be seeing them in Lincoln which i think is on mothers day, which is more tricky then you would think trying to convince your wife that see Rush on Monthers day IS a treat. I even tried the kids will be with the grandparents so we can have fun for the night with out them line, and she didnt take it.

Comment

So little bummed out, Deadwood gets Merle Haggard labor day weekend. Fargo gets Kris Kristofferson. Later this fall Merle and Willie Nelson are on Tour. None are going through the Sioux Falls area. Sigh. Well we do get Rosanne Cash and the Oak Ridge Boys in November. Guess that will have to do for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X