Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Music

Originally posted by witness View Post
    I thought it was actually pretty darn good because it had a different feel than what JT normally puts out and has that classic pop/r&b feel to it. Better than pretty much every other pop and r&b artist out there right now as well.
    Frank Ocean? Naaaah.

I did enjoy it, but it didn't really jump out at me. I only listened to it twice last night, though. I'll give it more time.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Frank Ocean? Naaaah.I did enjoy it, but it didn't really jump out at me. I only listened to it twice last night, though. I'll give it more time.
      Frank Ocean is awesome as Thinkin' Bout You is one on my favorite songs out right now but JT will always be better. I just feel after a music video/radioplay and the song being performed live will people truly understand the greatness of this song.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Listen to what they're saying. Good stuff.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Yep good stuff. My friends who are in a band did a cover of "Same Love" with an original verse in it and made a video for it. It's pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsCuHqndpzQ
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Yep good stuff. My friends who are in a band did a cover of "Same Love" with an original verse in it and made a video for it. It's pretty good.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsCuHqndpzQ
            Yep, Paradise Fears is good. Their cover of Same Love made the VeVo app homepage. Pretty cool. As far as Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Lewis is a darn good producer, and Macklemore is dope. Social Conscious rappers like him and Lupe are always good to listen too.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              Incredibly artists. Can't wait for their show at Augie in April.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                Incredibly artists. Can't wait for their show at Augie in April.
                Already bought my tickets. Hah. Heard Augie will be sold out by end of week

Comment

Already bought my tickets. Hah. Heard Augie will be sold out by end of week
                  Got mine as well. I'm stoked. Plus, Soulcrate is a hell of an opener

Comment

20/20 Experience by Justin Timberlake dropped today. Nothing like FS/LS but I am kind of glad he didn't do a FS/LS 2. The dance music is EDM right now and plus why would JT want to replicate something he has already done.

Buy on iTunes:http://t.co/RKLEhYrtbS

Comment

20/20 Experience by Justin Timberlake dropped today. Nothing like FS/LS but I am kind of glad he didn't do a FS/LS 2. The dance music is EDM right now

Buy on iTunes:http://t.co/RKLEhYrtbS
                      I didn't understand a word of that. That makes me feel old. maybe he should try dubstep I probably still wouldnt like his music though.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

On anther note, My wife talked me into going to phillip phillips tonight. I only know 1 of his songs but since he sounds like dave matthews I will try to make the best of it.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          On anther note, My wife talked me into going to phillip phillips tonight. I only know 1 of his songs but since he sounds like dave matthews I will try to make the best of it.
                          Haha. EDM is Electronic Dance Music and FS/LS was dance so I'm glad he didn't go the dance route because I didn't want him to do a little EDM. Btw. Haha nice. My dad and I are going to him at 4pm. Night session sold out too quick so they added another time right before the original one.
                          Gone, Gone, Gone is his other single from his album. I also like Man on the Moon, Get Up Get Down and Hold On

Comment

Haha. EDM is Electronic Dance Music and FS/LS was dance so I'm glad he didn't go the dance route because I didn't want him to do a little EDM. Btw. Haha nice. My dad and I are going to him at 4pm. Night session sold out too quick so they added another time right before the original one.
                            Gone, Gone, Gone is his other single from his album. I also like Man on the Moon, Get Up Get Down and Hold On
                            Oh wait, apparently I know 2 of his songs now. we were at the pavillion with our son at the science center and after we went down we checked on ticket availability and we got handicap seating in the front of the mezzanine because they were the last 4 tickets left. So we got some pretty wicked seats since those were the last seats in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Oh wait, apparently I know 2 of his songs now. we were at the pavillion with our son at the science center and after we went down we checked on ticket availability and we got handicap seating in the front of the mezzanine because they were the last 4 tickets left. So we got some pretty wicked seats since those were the last seats in the house.
                              I was in middle section. It was incredible. True artist

Comment

I was in middle section. It was incredible. True artist
                                The openning act churchill was pretty good. Liked their style sounded good.

Philip philips is like dave matthews lite. Talks like him moves like him when plays guitar sings like him. His band was similar. Black drummer, a saxaphone which many bands don't use often. Only complaint he doesn't need to end every song with a 5 minute loop of the same guitar parts over and over. Some songs really were to long doing that. However his heavy rock stuff when they got the distortion on the guitar was pretty good. Just felt like I should have been hearing DMB songs when he sounds just like him. It was like hearing dave matthews sing some other guys songs. You don't know the song but makes um sound good so made it enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                                X