Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Music

great as we get ready to go to Rush today nothing like a sore throat and cold like symptoms. Plus our son has been fighting it for severals days now and he is getting tired of it. Still should be a fun trip even though i will be sucking on cough drops all day.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Rush was awesome. When they played tom sawyer I don't know if it gets any better then that. Just wished they would have played more of their old stuff. The trees, closer to the heart, xanadu, limelight. Freewill. Still a pretty wicked show.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

The new Mumford and Sons is awesome. I've beem listening to it every opportunity today.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          The new Mumford and Sons is awesome. I've beem listening to it every opportunity today.
          Agree. I'm almost done with my first listen and it's fantastic.

Comment

I like indie-folk (though, at this point is Mumford considered "indie" anymore?) as much as the next guy, but I just can't get into Mumford. I'll give this album a listen, but I got tired of their first one quickly.

Anyway, some music that's came out this summer/fall that is super good:

Japandroids - Celebration Rock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az3Wo6_aRFM)

Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtkePLlTUcY)

The Neighborhood - I'm Sorry ... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idj5_PwRl1k)

The xx - Coexist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nW5AF0m9Zw)

And agreed with whoever said Frank Ocean is good stuff.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I saw Chris Isaak and Los Lonely Boys this summer at Winn-A-Vegas south of Sioux City. LLB was good as always (saw them at JazzFest in Sioux Falls a few years ago), but Mr. Isaak.... WHEW! No doubt about it, he's my favorite singer.

And the cool part... he high-fived me! Pretty much a man-crush moment right there.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                I saw Chris Isaak and Los Lonely Boys this summer at Winn-A-Vegas south of Sioux City. LLB was good as always (saw them at JazzFest in Sioux Falls a few years ago), but Mr. Isaak.... WHEW! No doubt about it, he's my favorite singer.

And the cool part... he high-fived me! Pretty much a man-crush moment right there.
                Did you get that special feeling like when your climbing the rope in gym class?

Comment

Not quite, but I had the fleeting feeling that I wanted to laminate my right hand.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

This. A million times, this.

Comment

Phillip Phillips debut album(Season 11 AI champ/Home singer) The World from the Side of the Moon just came out. He has a little David Matthews, and a little Mumford and Sons in him.
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Justified and Futuresex/Lovesounds albums by Justin Timberlake are awesome artists and less than 2 hours until he releases a new song!

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          Justified and Futuresex/Lovesounds albums by Justin Timberlake are awesome artists and less than 2 hours until he releases a new song!
                          So there is gong to be a new JT record? your post is a little non-nonsensical.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            So there is gong to be a new JT record? your post is a little non-nonsensical.
                            Wow I just reread my post and my darn iPad made my grammar look atrocious. O well, I meant to say that Justified and Futuresex/Lovesounds are great albums by JT. Yes, he did release a new song called Suit & Tie ft. Jay-Z produced by Timbaland today with an album called 20/20 Experience due out later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                              Wow I just reread my post and my darn iPad made my grammar look atrocious. O well, I meant to say that Justified and Futuresex/Lovesounds are great albums by JT. Yes, he did release a new song called Suit & Tie ft. Jay-Z produced by Timbaland today with an album called 20/20 Experience due out later this year.
                              The song was decent, but nothing special. The Jay-Z verse felt a little out of place. FS/LS is one of my all time faves, so I'm jacked by this announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                The song was decent, but nothing special. The Jay-Z verse felt a little out of place. FS/LS is one of my all time faves, so I'm jacked by this announcement.
                                I thought it was actually pretty darn good because it had a different feel than what JT normally puts out and has that classic pop/r&b feel to it. Better than pretty much every other pop and r&b artist out there right now as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X