Interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting

I know the feeling whenever daughter #2 and wife wear the U. gear in my house.

http://www.volanteonline.com/verve/l...nies-1.2454883

SDSU daughter sent this to me.

Re: Interesting

Throwing dead animals on the court is not school spirit. Abby needs to grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
      Throwing dead animals on the court is not school spirit. Abby needs to grow up.
      Quoted for agreement.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Sounds like her dad really told her fairy tales when she was a little girl.

Comment

I can't believe I just wasted my time reading that.

SDSU is so scared to play us they moved into a different division. Now we're working twice as hard to succeed in D1.
          The school that showed fear was USD, they could have moved up with us.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
            I know the feeling whenever daughter #2 and wife wear the U. gear in my house.
            You're thinking about kidnapping your wife and daughter and throwing them out on a basketball court? Hmmmm.

Comment

It's a rare sight to see USD gear around the SDSU campus.

I find this column rather humorous that we have such a presence down there.

Comment

What can you say? The child has issues . . .

/puzzled and torn over whether and/or why this is or is not should be in Smack. I told you I was puzzled . . . and I wanted to share . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I thought the column writer's attitude was pretty narrow minded. She was having a little fun although I think she was serious about her premise: no SDSU gear on USD's campus. (She must be angling for a summer internship with Stu at the Argus Leader.)

I think SDSU's campus is a more cosmopolitan: who cares if someone decides to wear a U of San Diego sweatshirt on campus?

I was on the USD campus last year touring new buildings and new construction and noted students wearing SDSU gear (in the space of about two and a half to three hours, I saw about five or six students with SDSU gear).

Whenever I'm on a college campus, I see gear from many different colleges and universities ... that's true on SDSU's campus too. BUT, if you see other college gear on SDSU's campus, it's likely Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan...I can't recall seeing USD gear on SDSU's campus. No doubt there is some, but I haven't noticed it.

In fairness to USD, lets keep in mind SDSU grads move on to law school and med school at the Vermillion campus.

Comment

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I saw Jackrabbit QB O'Brien at Saturday's SUU basketball games wearing an Augie hoodie.

I own two USD sweatshirts!

Comment

Surprisingly, I don't have one USD shirt or sweatshirt in my closet. I take that back, I have one torn up USD work out shirt, but since I don't work out, I don't wear it. My little brother has all my old USD stuff, but he will likely be coming to SDSU next year too. Two USD grad parents and two SDSU attending children.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

My daughter that attends U. texted me and said that she may be one of them the writer was upset about since she wears a lot of SDSU gear and sits near the writer in two of her classes. My daughter just doesn't seem to think it is big deal what school colors a person wears.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

My exact sentiments about this column.

Comment

SDSU is so scared to play us they moved into a different division
                              The above quote from the article ticks me off. How much easier the transition would have been if the other conference teams would have gone up with us. But no, other institutions let us go out and test the waters and they got to watch our successes. Now they moved up after we made a path. Leaders lead.

As for the rest of the article, I too find it a problem with today's youth. They have no sense of school spirit when it comes to the state. I hear there is plenty of UND clothing seen on NDSU's campus. I know some kids that are graduating high school and going to NDSU but they wear UND stuff. They don't see the big deal...why can't they be a fan of both? Makes me sick. Now I hear the same problem is going on in SD. Sad times.

Comment

Working...
                              X