Interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting

Track...not cross country...shorter stuff but just enough to outrun a mad USD lineman.

Comment

For some odd reason, there is a ton of red clothes worn around here. (Nebraska)
      The cool thing is that I can often find SDSU apparel at Scheels or other major sporting goods stores, but they never seem to carry red Coyote apparel.
      I also love to wear my blue and gold Jackrabbit stuff to all University of Nebraska - Kearney, and Kearney HS events. The blue and gold match perfectly with both school colors, but the rabbit adds a bit more class!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        I also love to wear my blue and gold Jackrabbit stuff to all University of Nebraska - Kearney, and Kearney HS events. The blue and gold match perfectly with both school colors, but the rabbit adds a bit more class!

What school has a Jackrabbit as a mascot and has the colors blue and gold?

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
          What school has a Jackrabbit as a mascot and has the colors blue and gold?
          Sorry for the confusion. There are no other Jackrabbits, but UNK and our high school both have blue and gold colors.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
            Sorry for the confusion. There are no other Jackrabbits, but UNK and our high school both have blue and gold colors.
            I was not confussed. The Jacksrabbits school colors include Yellow and not Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
              I was not confussed. The Jacksrabbits school colors include Yellow and not Gold.
              UNK colors are blue and gold, close enough to allow Gopher to wear his yellow and blue, with one difference the Jackrabbit is different than the antelope, but both running they do look similar. I believe this is what he is trying to say. and Kearney High school does have a yellow and blue color scheme, a little different than UNK but more on the order of SDSU.

Comment

Last Monday we had Abby Duling on to talk about her column in the Volante. The Sports Block on 90.7 FM KSDJ Monday from 7-9 pm.
                MP3: http://www.archive.org/details/AbbyD...Feb.7th2011Mp3

MP4: http://www.archive.org/details/AbbyD...iewFeb.7th2011
                Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

That was entertaining!

Comment

If she was just funnin us with the statement that the Jacks went Div.I just to avoid playing USD,maybe she should have used one of these

Comment

I appreciated Ms. Duling's willingness to go on the radio and talk about this. Even though I do have to chuckle about the fact that so many USD students wear SDSU gear, she does have some valid points. My son, an SDSU junior, has a lot of T-shirts from universities around the nation. He and I always used to joke that he should be cautious not to wear the opponents shirt the week of the game.

I suspect that this radio appearance as a follow-up to the article was a great learning experience for her. It probably gave her a new appreciation for the fact that people really do read what she writes. Sometimes those people aren't her target audience. Sometimes their reactions won't be what she is hoping for.

I commend both Ms. Duling and the radio host for participating in such an educational experience.
                      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

The only thing I didn't like too much was how they painted us as having the same level of school pride as USD. I dunno bout anyone else, but I can count on one hand the amount of people I've seen wearing USD stuff here or NDSU gear. Most everyone I see is wearing Jacks gear, and when I'm at our games its almost all Blue and Yellow. There is the random Nebraska stuff scattered about campus during the day, but every campus in the nation is like that. Hell, walkin around in Madison at UW there is some people wearing Gopher garbage.
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                        X