This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guess Who Can Beat Cal Poly and Guess Who Can't

Watched it on the tube and stepped out at the end thinking USD had it won. Totally surprised me when I saw the result.

This is a smack thread so, UND 27-USD 12 - UND 13 - USF 28. Ouch.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      You love the UNI game as a measurement, but in all reality that was September. Head to head, you lost to Cal-Poly a monh ago. We beat them last night. We improved, apparently you didn't.

When you were in the Great West, you were all about the Great West. Now it's a crap conference? Aside from you, SIU, and UNI....who in your league is that good?

There are alot of fans on this board that post with knowledge and appreciation of the game. You for one are not one of them. Your blinded hate of USD supercedes any intelligent, worthwhile comment.
      I should stay out of this, but Look at what has happened since SDSU and NDSU left the GWFC? Its kinda sunk to mediocre status, at one point 4 of the 5 teams were ramked in the top 25 NDSU, SDSU, Cal Poly and UC Davis, now none. I would put money that ANY or 9 MVFC teams would win 9 out of 10 games against USD or UND. We play 8 conference games not 4 so the records get worse looking than the actual quality of teams. this is the first year in the history of the confeence a team has went 8-0
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

This is a smack thread so, UND 27-USD 12 - UND 13 - USF 28. Ouch.
        USF > UND > Cal Poly > SDSU?
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
          USF > UND > Cal Poly > SDSU?
          What StPaulGoph described as the transitive property of college football.

Comment

USF > UND > Cal Poly > SDSU > UNI > ...
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I prefer the expression:

Autobid conference > non-autobid conference.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

You love the UNI game as a measurement, but in all reality that was September. Head to head, you lost to Cal-Poly a monh ago. We beat them last night. We improved, apparently you didn't.

When you were in the Great West, you were all about the Great West. Now it's a crap conference? Aside from you, SIU, and UNI....who in your league is that good?

There are alot of fans on this board that post with knowledge and appreciation of the game. You for one are not one of them. Your blinded hate of USD supercedes any intelligent, worthwhile comment.

actually the cal poly game was oct 3, 6 weeks ago, the 4th game of the season. we also lost our starting qb. i think we would have won that game had we not lost crawford. if you played uni right now, how much of the 59 point difference could you take off, this time around? i think if we played cal poly now, we beat them handily.

Comment

Wow, having a really bad, no good, terrible day are we? You might want to take a breath next time before launching a personal attack on a thread started by a fellow Yote fan. ...

1. I never called the GWC a "crap conference." You did. But I don't think anyone would fairly disagree that the MVC is a "better conference" than the Great West, which is the way I described it. If you want to argue the merits of that point, I'm all ears. And I propmise I'll not question your intelligence while you make that point.
                  2. As for "blinded hatred," I have defended USD numerous times on this board, particularly when co-posters wanted nothing to do with resuming the rivalry in any sport. I've never once questioned theirs or anyone else's intelligence.
                  3. I've given you rep points for defending your positions re: USD athletics. Wish I could take them back now. I don't do the neg rep points thing so don't worry, your bubbles are safe.
                  4. I'll take with a silo-sized grain of salt anyone who talks about blind hatred and then attacks the intelligence of another poster in the next breath.
                  5. The whole point of this smack thread, started by a Coyote fan, was to compare a single game score. All I was trying to say in the post was if you want to go down that road you gotta take your UNIs with your Polys.
                  6. A Coyote fan started this thread on the Jacks' fans smack section, and you've defended his position. You expect us to sit here and take it?

Give me a break.
                  Last edited by NoVaJack; 11-16-2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I should have gone with my first reaction to the initial post of this thread: "Bad smack. Not funny."
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I see CF's favorite team plays the Gophers next season. Is that the next measurement game? The Jacks came within 3 points of Minnesota (16-13) and could have - and probably should have - won. But a loss is nothing but a loss. I'll be surprised if the Coyotes come within three or four TDs of the Gophers. I also predict that CF will be proclaiming a 35-7 loss a moral victory of some kind.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        Wow, having a really bad, no good, terrible day are we? You might want to take a breath next time before launching a personal attack on a thread started by a fellow Yote fan. ...

1. I never called the GWC a "crap conference." You did. But I don't think anyone would fairly disagree that the MVC is a "better conference" than the Great West, which is the way I described it. If you want to argue the merits of that point, I'm all ears. And I propmise I'll not question your intelligence while you make that point.
                        2. As for "blinded hatred," I have defended USD numerous times on this board, particularly when co-posters wanted nothing to do with resuming the rivalry in any sport. I've never once questioned theirs or anyone else's intelligence.
                        3. I've given you rep points for defending your positions re: USD athletics. Wish I could take them back now. I don't do the neg rep points thing so don't worry, your bubbles are safe.
                        4. I'll take with a silo-sized grain of salt anyone who talks about blind hatred and then attacks the intelligence of another poster in the next breath.
                        5. The whole point of this smack thread, started by a Coyote fan, was to compare a single game score. All I was trying to say in the post was if you want to go down that road you gotta take your UNIs with your Polys.
                        6. A Coyote fan started this thread on the Jacks' fans smack section, and you've defended his position. You expect us to sit here and take it?

Give me a break.
                        My position on this board has been positive towards SDSU athletics. NoVaJack is entitled to an apology, and has been sent one. The note is personal, but I wish to convey one thought. If both fan bases learned to pull for each other, then obviously shut that off when we played each other, we would be miles ahead.

I have strongly supported SDSU athletics this past year on this board, and have done so because that's how I believe it should be. I think (2) schools successful in SD speaks well for the state. When I typed that note, it was an unfair attack on NoVaJack personally speaking.

Ther post started by CoyoteFan was in my opinion ridiculous, but who knows, maybe he was just trying to start a little friendly fire on here. If so, then it is what it is. If it was started with the intent to SMACK you on your own website, then it was done in poor taste. But after I have supported SDSU for so long, I felt the beatdown and belittlement of USD, the Great West was a bit to much. So I fought back. Hence the words in the debate with NoVaJack. Again, I have personally apologized to him, so I hope he accepts it for what it is.

Do I think we will play Minnesota to a 3 point game next year, I doubt it. It's a funny game as we all know. I think you should be proud of the Jacks performance, even though "a loss is a loss" is the postion of some on here, I think it's not warranted. You held a Big Ten team to a little over 200 yards offense. That is damned impressive.

I will try to stay off the smack section trying to defend my school. My temper got the best of me. I have enjoyed the banter and debate on here, and as I have said before, your board is far more active, and I love talking sports.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          Obviously you are extremely familiar with Coach Ed Meierkort, and have formed a strong opinion about him. Tell me what it is that makes you so certain he can't build a program?

I know it's smack, but c'mon. Back up your statement with facts why.

This should be interesting.
                          Should have been read with tongue firmly implanted in cheek. I am pretty sure he was referencing the meltdown on the coyote board calling for Ed's head a few weeks ago started by the same guy that started this thread.
                          BINGO!!!!

We have a winner.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                            BINGO!!!!

We have a winner.
                            Then I apologize to you as well.

Comment

SDSU & NDSU are a class above USD & UND, and I think SDSU should take a page out of NDSU's admin' playbook and just ignore USD. focus on improving the programs, don't get in the time machine.

Comment

My position on this board has been positive towards SDSU athletics. NoVaJack is entitled to an apology, and has been sent one. The note is personal, but I wish to convey one thought. If both fan bases learned to pull for each other, then obviously shut that off when we played each other, we would be miles ahead.

I have strongly supported SDSU athletics this past year on this board, and have done so because that's how I believe it should be. I think (2) schools successful in SD speaks well for the state. When I typed that note, it was an unfair attack on NoVaJack personally speaking.

Ther post started by CoyoteFan was in my opinion ridiculous, but who knows, maybe he was just trying to start a little friendly fire on here. If so, then it is what it is. If it was started with the intent to SMACK you on your own website, then it was done in poor taste. But after I have supported SDSU for so long, I felt the beatdown and belittlement of USD, the Great West was a bit to much. So I fought back. Hence the words in the debate with NoVaJack. Again, I have personally apologized to him, so I hope he accepts it for what it is.

Do I think we will play Minnesota to a 3 point game next year, I doubt it. It's a funny game as we all know. I think you should be proud of the Jacks performance, even though "a loss is a loss" is the postion of some on here, I think it's not warranted. You held a Big Ten team to a little over 200 yards offense. That is damned impressive.

I will try to stay off the smack section trying to defend my school. My temper got the best of me. I have enjoyed the banter and debate on here, and as I have said before, your board is far more active, and I love talking sports.

No hard feelings on this end... Folks, it's only sports. We COULD be sitting on a hill in Afghanistan or patrolling some back alley in Basra.

Comment

Working...
                                X