X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guess Who Can Beat Cal Poly and Guess Who Can't

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
    I'm actually glad that USD won, now they have to keep their head coach. That program will not be a top 10 program in FCS with that coach.
    Obviously you are extremely familiar with Coach Ed Meierkort, and have formed a strong opinion about him. Tell me what it is that makes you so certain he can't build a program?

I know it's smack, but c'mon. Back up your statement with facts why.

This should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      Hey Jack fans, congrats on what seems to be a very good performance yesterday at Minnesota. Your D must have played huge.

Regarding what started this thread, I agree. CF has bashed our program on our board, and I have been a critic of his posts as well. For the rest of us, it was a great win for our program.

The UNI game was horrific, one we'd love to forget, but never will. But the win yesterday I think indicates we are on the right path. We graduated a fair amount of seniors, so we best strap it on next fall if we want to build on what we did this year.

It does show what a goofy thing college football is. On our board, Cal-Poly is a good team that we beat. And I know this is smack, but some posters on here make it sound like Cal-Poly dismissed their top 40 players after the SDSU game as a way to make them feel better I guess. We did beat a team that you didn't, but you pounded a team that obliviated us, so let's part this way by saying I think you have established yourselves amongst the top teams in FCS football, and our goal 3 years from now is to be trying to position ourselves amongst the best.

The only true way we will ever have bragging rights for our schools is to play each other, and that may not happen for awhile, so the next best thing is to use comparitive scores.

Best wishes Saturday. Then kick some arse in the playoffs.
      I like how you say for the rest of us. I have by far the most participation on the Coyote board and have been critical but have also praised the Coyote programs probably moreso than any other person too. Don't just have a one tracked mind because I don't. I am critical and congradulatory at the same time.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        He was for the Coyotes before he was against them and now he's for them again. Musta missed the booyahs after the UNI slaughter.
        I have never, ever, I repeat NEVER been against the Coyote program. I always hope for them to win and cheer for them to win. Being critical and being against the program are too completely different things. I guess the best way to explain it is that I want the program to do well very badly and when they don't I get in a bad mood. I support more than just one sport unlike many who really only care about football first and foremost. Dis me all you like but if a program isn't getting it done I will say something while the rest of the fans just sit back and read and never do anything other than critisize my postings. If you are going to be critical you better also be supportive when needed as well. That is how I am.
        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
          Yep that's right the mighty U-Dot as you would prefer to say is who beat Cal Poly. USD wins second place in their division and SDSU loses to the last place team in that same division. It was even a road game. As tough as this season is, it's been better to be a Coyote fan during the last two weeks. 0-2 for the Jacks and 2-0 for the Yotes. Booooyyyyyaaahhhhh!!!
          No it is not. Even with the results of the last two games it was better to be a Jacks fan. Two weeks ago, we played (sort of) for an automatic bid to the playoffs. This week we played against a Big Ten opponent (sort of). Two weeks ago USD played to get out of the cellar of its conference. And guess what, this week they did the same.

And if I got your conference standings wrong, so what, the GWC is so 2007.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
            No it is not. Even with the results of the last two games it was better to be a Jacks fan. Two weeks ago, we played (sort of) for an automatic bid to the playoffs. This week we played against a Big Ten opponent (sort of). Two weeks ago USD played to get out of the cellar of its conference. And guess what, this week they did the same.

And if I got your conference standings wrong, so what, the GWC is so 2007.
            Well actually it's always better to be a Coyote fan regardless of the outcome of games. It just is.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Well actually it's always better to be a Coyote fan regardless of the outcome of games. It just is.
              Dude, that was the point of my first sentence. Sad, sad comeback and I don't do smack very often at all.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I have never, ever, I repeat NEVER been against the Coyote program. I always hope for them to win and cheer for them to win. Being critical and being against the program are too completely different things. I guess the best way to explain it is that I want the program to do well very badly and when they don't I get in a bad mood. I support more than just one sport unlike many who really only care about football first and foremost. Dis me all you like but if a program isn't getting it done I will say something while the rest of the fans just sit back and read and never do anything other than critisize my postings. If you are going to be critical you better also be supportive when needed as well. That is how I am.
                I can't believe I'm going to respond to you since I consider your inane rants to be an embarassment to a school which I had family members graduate from. However, you are completely unstable and not very bright. By the way, I also made the mistake of going over and looking at your "forum" and I see you claim USD was second in the GWC this year. I'm surprised, isn't the GWC just a scheduling alliance?

Comment

Why are there Coyote fans arguing on an SDSU fan message board? Go home and have your tiff in private please.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Obviously you are extremely familiar with Coach Ed Meierkort, and have formed a strong opinion about him. Tell me what it is that makes you so certain he can't build a program?

I know it's smack, but c'mon. Back up your statement with facts why.

This should be interesting.
                    Should have been read with tongue firmly implanted in cheek. I am pretty sure he was referencing the meltdown on the coyote board calling for Ed's head a few weeks ago started by the same guy that started this thread.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

This thread can be tied up with the following points: Jacks won the GWC their last year there and walked into a better conference as an immediate contender. Until USD wins a conference in D-1 any comparison is academic and about as useful as dissecting a 66-zilch smackdown in the UNIDome.

Comment

This thread can be tied up with the following points: Jacks won the GWC their last year there and walked into a better conference as an immediate contender. Until USD wins a conference in D-1 any comparison is academic and about as useful as dissecting a 66-zilch smackdown in the UNIDome.
                        You love the UNI game as a measurement, but in all reality that was September. Head to head, you lost to Cal-Poly a monh ago. We beat them last night. We improved, apparently you didn't.

When you were in the Great West, you were all about the Great West. Now it's a crap conference? Aside from you, SIU, and UNI....who in your league is that good?

There are alot of fans on this board that post with knowledge and appreciation of the game. You for one are not one of them. Your blinded hate of USD supercedes any intelligent, worthwhile comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                          Why are there Coyote fans arguing on an SDSU fan message board? Go home and have your tiff in private please.
                          Nope

Comment

Looks like you guys have more problems with USD than we have with UND. They don't start threads like this on any of our boards WOW
                            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

When you were in the Great West, you were all about the Great West. Now it's a crap conference? Aside from you, SIU, and UNI....who in your league is that good?
                              State won the Great West and and is proud to put that on the resume. There are some good programs in the Great West. The MFVC however has had 12 teams in the championship since 1978. And, by the way, Youngstown has won more D1AA/FCS championships than any other program.

And, why did USD lose to UC Davis?
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

And, why did USD lose to UC Davis?
                                I was at the game. The USD kicker missed 2 easy FGs and an XP.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X