Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fighting Suzie's

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    They are able under rule to keep the NC and WCHA conference Champ Banners with Logos, the Logos etched into the Marble floors, and the Statues outside. I don't know if you have ever been the REA but there is a logo every 2 feet!!! 2,000 plus in total. I would have to say the Banners will the "historical" part of the story
    I believe Ralphie's idea was to put so many logos in his palace that it would be cost-prohibitive to have them all removed, thus forcing UND to keep the nickname. So much for THAT idea ...

No surprise that the denizens of siouxsports.com are blaming NDSU and The Summit for the latest developments. I'm sure they'll blame the Gophers, the recession and Swine Flu, too, if they haven't already. That's just the way they are ...
    "You trusted us"

Comment

The Grand Forks newspaper article on the name change said that the Summit League has 6 teams knocking at the door for the last member spot. On name has "national recognition." The UND "Nickname to be named at a later date" are under the gun.

Is there any scuttlebutt out there on who the 6 teams that are interested in the Summit?

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
        I believe Ralphie's idea was to put so many logos in his palace that it would be cost-prohibitive to have them all removed, thus forcing UND to keep the nickname. So much for THAT idea ...

No surprise that the denizens of siouxsports.com are blaming NDSU and The Summit for the latest developments. I'm sure they'll blame the Gophers, the recession and Swine Flu, too, if they haven't already. That's just the way they are ...

Seriously I firmly believe the WCHA and two certain Big Ten schools in Minnesota and Wisconsin put more pressure on them than anything, as they already had stated they would no longer play any schools with NCAA ruled Abusive nicknames unless they were under Conference obligations, and in no way do those two schools want to be associated with the Sioux controversy, thus they are really USING the Summit as a cover this is just PURE OPINION on my part but definatley a possibility
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola View Post
          The Grand Forks newspaper article on the name change said that the Summit League has 6 teams knocking at the door for the last member spot. On name has "national recognition." The UND "Nickname to be named at a later date" are under the gun.

Is there any scuttlebutt out there on who the 6 teams that are interested in the Summit?
          Utah Valley State, Chicago St (former member), Denver (rumor the Sun Belt is booting them), UND, that leaves 2 more unknowns, IMO if there truly is a school with "national recognition" they should be admitted no questions asked especially if they have the "core" member status.
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

IMO if there truly is a school with "national recognition"
            But what if it's Minnesota? I hear the Big Ten is getting too soft, and according to Lakes, they want to be where the action is----playing against NDSU twice a year in most sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola View Post

Mainly Great West Conference members. These are guesses, but I feel pretty good about them.

1. Chicago State
              2. Utah Valley
              3. Houston Baptist
              4. UTPA
              5. North Dakota
              6. ???

With the national recognition comment, I'd guess #6 is Denver. If the comment is directed at one of the other five(he might've meant UND), then I'd guess NJIT.

I suppose it's possible that some of the schools asking are DII schools thinking about moving up, but I kinda doubt it.

If Denver truly wants to be in the Summit, something I'm not very sure about, then they have to move fast or hope Centenary drops out of DI. Otherwise, the Summit will take UND no later than December.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                But what if it's Minnesota? I hear the Big Ten is getting too soft, and according to Lakes, they want to be where the action is----playing against NDSU twice a year in most sports.
                Why does everyone keep bringing up Lakes?????? what does he and MN have to do with anything I posted????
                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

A Big Sky dropout, maybe? ... I have to admit, I'd rather see the Fighting Flickertails in the Summit than most of the other schools on that list of prospects.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Why does everyone keep bringing up Lakes?????? what does he and MN have to do with anything I posted????
                    I was saying, tongue-in-cheek (note the forum that this is in), that if Minnesota wants into the Summit, maybe the Summit should keep looking.

Lakes came up as the example, par excellance, of the delusional Bison fan--(the type of fan that thought the Bison deserved an FBS or even BCS bowl bid back in 2007)--do you know a better one?

----

I'm a bit curious, though, whether Denver is a school with 'national recognition'. I mean, sure the word "Denver" has national recognition (in this order:

1) a United hub
                    2) a type of omelet
                    3) a city of some sort that's not in California or Texas, and which may be next to some mountains.

)

But I wouldn't go so far as to say the school has 'national recognition' at least not in athletic circles. Heck they were D-2 until the late 90s.

Comment

Thanks for bringing Lakesbison up, I appreciate it!

DENVER #1.

everyone and anyone #2

#3 UND "i honor native americans, but IF THEY TAKE AWAY MY NICKNAME, WE"LL TAKE AWAY THEIR INDIAN PROGRAMS" = NEVER INTO SUMMIT!

you guys gotta get on this bandwagon, seroiusly, they are hypocrites, their WHITE TRASH NASCAR FANS WONT STOP WITH THE SIOUX STUFF!

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        Because you never left Brookings?
                        lol, well played. Either way its still a dump. Your gonna be hard pressed to impress anyone from outside the region that you have anything resembling nice. It looks like a large grain bin, but just not as nice in side.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Lets get serious about giving UND some help in picking a name!

I'm more than a little ethnic so I propose honoring my people, proud warriors that they are! (Except when we are neutral)

THE FIGHTING SWEDES!

UF DAH, UF DAH!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            Lets get serious about giving UND some help in picking a name!

I'm more than a little ethnic so I propose honoring my people, proud warriors that they are! (Except when we are neutral)

THE FIGHTING SWEDES!
                            Sorry, but that name is already taken by Bethany College of Lindsborg, KS...Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                              Sorry, but that name is already taken by Bethany College of Lindsborg, KS...Oh well, back to the drawing board.
                              I dont think Bethany has a patent or a copyright on the mascot, so I think UND could do this one. Also Luther College has the Fighting Norse, and that might be more appropriate since ND has the highest precentage of Norwegian-American people as part of total population or at least they did have. Demographics change so could be wrong here. But heck Fighting Swedes will work for me.

Comment

Fighting Buffalo? After all, UND is copying and following our Bison friends, much like the Me2U Coyotes follow (but never catch) the Jacks in South Dakota. Actually, UND should go back to the Flickertails. And then blast away those overdone Fighting Sioux logos, one by one, for the next 50 years.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X