X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Me Too U.

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    drifting........

One of SDSU's legendary basketball players, Womeldorf (the "Worm") is a 1971 SDSU Pharmacy grad. The last games played in the Barn and the first games in Frost Arena: the 1972-73 season (Dave Thomas, Lee Colburn & a few of their buddies).
    Do catch your drift, JD.... kudos
    Sorry I got the year wrong on Womeldorf (man, did that guy play hard) but am not sorry for starting the drift. .... Would much rather travel down this memory lane than listen to D-1 aspirants go on about a perceived slight at a roast, for goodness sake.

A sense of humor and not taking yourself all that seriously are both good attributes when you are climbing onto a bigger stage. And that applies to things way beyond sports.

Comment

If you are going to accuse USD of being Me2U than SDSU is just as much to be called Me2SU.

SDSU played follow the leader just as much as USD did. If there was a pioneer from the old North Central Conference of recent times that school would be Northern Colorado, afterall they were the first to make the move. SDSU wouldn't go to D1 on their own because they need(ed) NDSU by their side all the way. SDSU even admitted that they wouldn't go out on their own to join a conference. It was either the both or neither. Would SDSU really have passed on a conference bid if NDSU wasn't invited. It's proven that USD is going to go forward whether that is with UND or not. UND has their own problems with the mascot issue but that is not going to stop USD from taking a Summit bid even if UND isn't included. I am sure it's USD's preference to have UND in the Summit as well but it's not a make it or break it deal as it was with SDSU being handcuffed to NDSU.

SDSU wants to say that USD needs SDSU more than SDSU needs to USD. Whether that is true or not is argumentative. What is fact is that SDSU needs NDSU much worse than USD needing UND. It's true based on recent actions.

If SDSU was such the pioneer they would have moved up with Northern Iowa decades ago. SDSU did not go out on their own or didn't lead anyone else to D1. So please stop saying that USD followed SDSU because in a direct sense it's not true. They may have indirectly but they also indirectly followed Morningside, UND, NDSU and SDSU as well as the NCC became more and more an irrelevant conference. If MSU or St. Cloud goes D1 I am not for one second going to claim they followed USD because it's a ridiculous claim and a boring argument.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        If you are going to accuse USD of being Me2U than SDSU is just as much to be called Me2SU.

SDSU played follow the leader just as much as USD did. If there was a pioneer from the old North Central Conference of recent times that school would be Northern Colorado, afterall they were the first to make the move. SDSU wouldn't go to D1 on their own because they need(ed) NDSU by their side all the way. SDSU even admitted that they wouldn't go out on their own to join a conference. It was either the both or neither. Would SDSU really have passed on a conference bid if NDSU wasn't invited. It's proven that USD is going to go forward whether that is with UND or not. UND has their own problems with the mascot issue but that is not going to stop USD from taking a Summit bid even if UND isn't included. I am sure it's USD's preference to have UND in the Summit as well but it's not a make it or break it deal as it was with SDSU being handcuffed to NDSU.

SDSU wants to say that USD needs SDSU more than SDSU needs to USD. Whether that is true or not is argumentative. What is fact is that SDSU needs NDSU much worse than USD needing UND. It's true based on recent actions.

If SDSU was such the pioneer they would have moved up with Northern Iowa decades ago. SDSU did not go out on their own or didn't lead anyone else to D1. So please stop saying that USD followed SDSU because in a direct sense it's not true. They may have indirectly but they also indirectly followed Morningside, UND, NDSU and SDSU as well as the NCC became more and more an irrelevant conference. If MSU or St. Cloud goes D1 I am not for one second going to claim they followed USD because it's a ridiculous claim and a boring argument.
        Welcome Back!!!
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

SDSU wouldn't go to D1 on their own because they need(ed) NDSU by their side all the way. SDSU even admitted that they wouldn't go out on their own to join a conference. It was either the both or neither. Would SDSU really have passed on a conference bid if NDSU wasn't invited.
          Can you provide a quote from anyone in an capacity with NDSU or SDSU that said this? I never recall anyone indicating that, in fact the quotes that I read and heard all indicated that while they were working together as partners on this, both institutions had to make decisions based on their own interests, including accepting a conference offer if only made to one school.

I have heard fans say what you said, but never anyone in an official capacity for either school.

BTW, welcome back. I think.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

SDSU wants to say that USD needs SDSU more than SDSU needs to USD.
            I think you're right, it's a pointless assertion. We are both here now. I just get tired of the sniping about nothing from both sides. We'll hook up on the field or court soon enough. That'll be fun so long as the fans don't turn it into the most important event in the history of the universities. Whenever it is, it'll just be a game. Nobody's personal identity should be so wrapped up in a game that they turn it into an ugly, offensive spectacle.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Congrats Coyote_Fan on the most inaccurate post of your dubious history here. It is completely off the mark from start to finish.

There are a number of things that you need to understand as a fan of South Dakota's Junior University:

1. USD is absolutely following SDSU step by step. You can thank our administration for showing you mutts the path.
              2. The USD Administration didn't show the foresight to study the move to D1 in a timely manner.
              3. The USD Administration has not shown a clear path in transition.
              4. Transition sucks!
              5. USD very much needs SDSU.
              6. SDSU doesn't need USD at all.
              7. USD is in a much better position then UND solely due to their mascot issues.
              8. If UND figures it out then USD is way behind them.
              9. It is widely known that SDSU and NDSU packaged themselves together but would act on their own if a conference wanted just one institution.
              10. The sooner you accept the fact that USD is SDSU's little sister the easier it will be to get on with life.

That post of yours is laughable and now I have just wasted five minutes and have no way to get it back.

BTW-How did USD do in their conference basketball tournaments? I was looking for them on TV but never found them.

Buh bye!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Abandon ship, SOS, the USD love boat has been torpedoed again.

Comment

If you admit one line of reasoning is argumentative, why do you attempt to use the same logic to prove the equality of USD and SDSU? Congratulations on your USD education!

Good luck conquering the world of Division I on your own without any assistance from current DI members. Good luck getting into a conference with that attitude also. It is a good thing for Coyotee Countee (not country, no such thing) the admin does not share your viewpoint on many matters.

Fact: USD is the second school from South Dakota to attempt the transition to Division I.

Fact: SDSU was the first, and successfully completed that transition recently.

To put it in second grade terms your USD educated mind might understand:

Dick walks through the door. Next, Jane walks through the door. Jane follows Dick through the door.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Who was Northern Colorado supposed to go with? With regards to the rest of the NCC, they were pretty much isolated. So they went D1 first. So what? Maybe the Big Sky was willing to let them in almost right away due to their close proximity to that league. It also helps that they are about 50 miles from Denver. It would have been very hard to convince any of the rest of the NCC at the time to take the jump with them. Maybe nobody at the time was prepared enough to take the plunge with them. Fact is SDSU and NDSU were ready to take the plunge together when they were both prepared to. They weren't going to scramble to get things together just so they could go up with UNC.

I have always seen it and always will see it as SDSU/NDSU was leading the way for USD/UND. You berated for taking the lead to DI and once you saw us make it successfully, they decided to go as well. USD let us take all steps and hardships on becoming DI. They were ready with an "I told you so" if we did fail. Once USD saw that we were being successful at it, the they changed their tune and then decided it was a good idea and decided to move as well. SDSU/NDSU made it a heck of a lot easier on USD/UND. We started a football conference that you guys are in, we gave examples of what to do and what not to do, and we are in a mid-major conference that is now considering USD for for membership. USD may not be taking the exact route that SDSU took, but we lit the path for you.

You can spin it any which way you want to, but the fact of the matter remains SDSU led and USD followed.

Comment

When I was a kid, my younger brother and I were out playing near a frozen stock dam by my grandmother’s farm. We were both contemplating whether or not to walk across the ice. Too inexperienced and uncertain of the ice’s thickness, I cautiously abstained. Conversely, my brother, who was about my size, boldly but nervously walked across the ice. The whole time I thought to myself, “What an idiot.” But once he reached the other side without incident, I gained a reasonable assurance of safety. Armed with the certainty that I could do the same, I nonchalantly followed my younger brother’s path. Within a nominal timeframe, we had both gone from point A to point B. And at point B, I knocked my brother down and made him cry. Did I follow him? Yes. Did it matter? No.
                      University of South Dakota:
                      Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

Originally posted by yotemeal View Post
                        And at point B, I knocked my brother down and made him cry. Did I follow him? Yes. Did it matter? No.
                        That's a good analogy. But as SDSU is the big brother, USD, as the little brother, won't be knocking the big brother down any time soon .
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

When I was a kid, my younger brother and I were out playing near a frozen stock dam by my grandmother’s farm. We were both contemplating whether or not to walk across the ice. Too inexperienced and uncertain of the ice’s thickness, I cautiously abstained. Conversely, my brother, who was about my size, boldly but nervously walked across the ice. The whole time I thought to myself, “What an idiot.” But once he reached the other side without incident, I gained a reasonable assurance of safety. Armed with the certainty that I could do the same, I nonchalantly followed my younger brother’s path. Within a nominal timeframe, we had both gone from point A to point B. And at point B, I knocked my brother down and made him cry. Did I follow him? Yes. Did it matter? No.

That sure is a nice story. Where you trying to draw some analogy to the SDSU and USD situation? If so let me explain why your story misses the mark. SDSU did not just walk across the ice we did a lot of planning and research before we took our first steps. Also you have not made it across the ice nor have you knocked us down.

So best of luck to USD with its transition. The Coyote fans can get back to us when they have "crossed the ice" USD has only taken a few steps and has a long ways to go before they have accomplished what we have already done and there are no guarantees that they won't step on some thin ice along the way. I hope for the sake of their student athletes that they don’t (step on thin ice), but the transition is long and hard. Once again good luck to USD.

Go State!
                          Last edited by 89rabbit; 04-08-2009, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Along those same lines on occasion some Coyote fans have expressed how arrogant we Jackrabbits are. I pose this question to our regental brothers to the South. How arrogant is it to assume that you will be successful simply because SDSU has been successful?

Go State!

Comment

I'm tired of yote fans calling us arrogant so I spent a little bit of time looking up some stats. In the three main revenue generating sports, football, men's basketball and women's basketball SDSU collected a total of 49 wins this past year against active Division I memebers, and two of those three teams spent significant time ranked in the top 25. Meanwhile USD collected a total of three wins this past year, Southern Utah in football, Northern Iowa in women's basketball, and New Orleans in men's basketball.

49 to 3 sheesh!!

In sports there is an old saying: "It ain't bragging if you can do it." SDSU is clearly getting it done. When USD accomplishes something of any significance in Division I then come on our board and start talking.

Comment

[FONT=Times New Roman]When I was a kid, my younger brother and I were out playing near a frozen stock dam by my grandmother’s farm. We were both contemplating whether or not to walk across the ice.FONT]
                                Why didn't you just walk around to get to the other side.

Comment

Working...
                                X