Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Me Too U.

Originally posted by 90Jackrabbit View Post
    I'm tired of yote fans calling us arrogant so I spent a little bit of time looking up some stats. In the three main revenue generating sports, football, men's basketball and women's basketball SDSU collected a total of 49 wins this past year against active Division I memebers, and two of those three teams spent significant time ranked in the top 25. Meanwhile USD collected a total of three wins this past year, Southern Utah in football, Northern Iowa in women's basketball, and New Orleans in men's basketball.

49 to 3 sheesh!!

In sports there is an old saying: "It ain't bragging if you can do it." SDSU is clearly getting it done. When USD accomplishes something of any significance in Division I then come on our board and start talking.
    Nice work! That stat is absolutely ridiculous and makes me quite happy.

Comment

Originally posted by yotemeal View Post
      When I was a kid, my younger brother and I were out playing near a frozen stock dam by my grandmother’s farm. We were both contemplating whether or not to walk across the ice. Too inexperienced and uncertain of the ice’s thickness, I cautiously abstained. Conversely, my brother, who was about my size, boldly but nervously walked across the ice. The whole time I thought to myself, “What an idiot.” But once he reached the other side without incident, I gained a reasonable assurance of safety. Armed with the certainty that I could do the same, I nonchalantly followed my younger brother’s path. Within a nominal timeframe, we had both gone from point A to point B. And at point B, I knocked my brother down and made him cry. Did I follow him? Yes. Did it matter? No.
      Or:

When I was kid, my slightly older, but smaller, less successful, and less intelligent brother and I were out playing near a frozen stockdam near my grandmother's farm. We were both contemplating whether or not to walk across the ice. While contemplating, I was analyzing in my head the length of the pond, thickness of the ice compared to my weight, cost of falling in the cold water both to my personal health as well as the monetary expense for medical bills, and the likely rewards both in stature and satisfaction of making it across. My decision came down to whether or not those rewards outweighed the associated risks. Conversely, my brother whined and moaned about the challenge and risks, and quietly worried that if I succeeded he would suffer - but wasn't wise enough to formulate a plan for himself and was too proud to listen to my advice. Confident in my preparation, I walked across. As he saw me reach the other side, his emotion overcame his lack of preparation and he charged across the pond trying to catch up with me as I was on my way back to the farm. As I saw him struggling to catch up to me, I thought, "what an idiot". Within a nominal timeframe, we had both gone from point A to point B, but by the time he got to point B I was well on my way to point C with a feeling of accomplishment and pride. Did he follow me? Yes. Was it because I was too inexperienced and inept to know any better before I went first? Hell, no.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Obviously somewhere across that pond when the fans were walking across the ice they temporarily fell in the water causing them severe brain damage and impaired function. It's fairly obvious by reading this board that many of the fans have lost all sense of judgement when it comes to athletics. Oh and on the academic side all of the students that don't really care about athletics fell in the water and under the ice and never resurfaced.
        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Oh, here comes our little brother now. Looks like he just started crossing the lake and has a ways to go. Good luck little bro.

I don't know, I think he lost that roadmap the rabbit gave him. He looks like he has been walking around in circles, lost.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
            Oh, here comes our little brother now. Looks like he just started crossing the lake and has a ways to go. Good luck little bro.

I don't know, I think he lost that roadmap the rabbit gave him. He looks like he has been walking around in circles, lost.
            Now that is funny!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
              5. USD very much needs SDSU.
              In what way?
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                Or:

When I was kid, my slightly older, but smaller, less successful, and less intelligent brother and I were out playing near a frozen stockdam near my grandmother's farm. We were both contemplating whether or not to walk across the ice. While contemplating, I was analyzing in my head the length of the pond, thickness of the ice compared to my weight, cost of falling in the cold water both to my personal health as well as the monetary expense for medical bills, and the likely rewards both in stature and satisfaction of making it across. My decision came down to whether or not those rewards outweighed the associated risks. Conversely, my brother whined and moaned about the challenge and risks, and quietly worried that if I succeeded he would suffer - but wasn't wise enough to formulate a plan for himself and was too proud to listen to my advice. Confident in my preparation, I walked across. As he saw me reach the other side, his emotion overcame his lack of preparation and he charged across the pond trying to catch up with me as I was on my way back to the farm. As I saw him struggling to catch up to me, I thought, "what an idiot". Within a nominal timeframe, we had both gone from point A to point B, but by the time he got to point B I was well on my way to point C with a feeling of accomplishment and pride. Did he follow me? Yes. Was it because I was too inexperienced and inept to know any better before I went first? Hell, no.
                Rep. points

Go State!

Comment

More rep. points! LOL

Go State!

Comment

All I know is we're going to play eventually and it'll be fun. Who needs who more? I have an opinion on that one (although I did like Yotemeal's little parable and tend to agree that at this point, it doesn't much matter.)

Point is: The wheels are in motion here, and we'll eventually get to play this out on the field.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'm tired of yote fans calling us arrogant so I spent a little bit of time looking up some stats. In the three main revenue generating sports, football, men's basketball and women's basketball SDSU collected a total of 49 wins this past year against active Division I memebers, and two of those three teams spent significant time ranked in the top 25. Meanwhile USD collected a total of three wins this past year, Southern Utah in football, Northern Iowa in women's basketball, and New Orleans in men's basketball.

49 to 3 sheesh!!

In sports there is an old saying: "It ain't bragging if you can do it." SDSU is clearly getting it done. When USD accomplishes something of any significance in Division I then come on our board and start talking.

Oh I forgot, more rep. points.

Go State!

Comment

KULawJack and Yotemeal (the former, a soon-to-be minted lawyer and the later, a recently minted lawyer): A lesson for the courtroom can be gleaned from this thread. I thought Yotemeal's story was cute. BUT: see what happens when one argues by analogy! Keep that in mind when you try your first jury trial against an older, experienced trial lawyer!

Entertaining thread!

Comment

49 to 3 sheesh!!

It might be more useful to compare the first year of transition instead of this years stats. That would give a better reference in the transition period. Of course we are going to have more wins this year against DI members because we are further along in our transition. Completed actually. We should at least be fair in our analysis, even if it is just comparing wins and losses.

Comment

Fairness in a smack thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                              It might be more useful to compare the first year of transition instead of this years stats. That would give a better reference in the transition period. Of course we are going to have more wins this year against DI members because we are further along in our transition. Completed actually. We should at least be fair in our analysis, even if it is just comparing wins and losses.
                              Wow. I thought of making this point but I decided against it. Very good post. I wouldn't be surprised at all if SDSU had more D1 wins their first year, but that is the only way it is at all comparable.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

NorCal, you proved you could hang with Sturgis Jeff on a post like this. Kudos, and those unsigned rep points are from me. This is HI-Larry-US

P.S. This gives new meaning to the term, "Frozen Coyote."
                                P.S.S. What you don't see off camera is a jackrabbit, blazing a trail. Lost Yote is trying to decide whether to howl over his plight or follow the leader.

Comment

Working...
                                X