X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Me Too U.

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    How "many" is "many"?
    Consisting of or amounting to a large but indefinite number.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      QUESTION

How is it that Coyote Fan knows exactly how all the SDSU fans are thinking? Do you do polling?
      He has a rich and apparently fulfilling fantasy life, I think.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        Oh and on the academic side all of the students that don't really care about athletics fell in the water and under the ice and never resurfaced.
        Right.

Here are two problems with what you just said, Coyote Fan:

1) It is completely unsubstantiated.

Now granted, I went to Mooooo-U, but I'll tell you what I learned there....

NEVER assert something without references.

2) It isn't clear whether you are criticizing academics at D-1 institutions in general, or at SDSU in particular.

Again, while I may not have scrambled into much of an education during my time at that glorified 4H club up north, I was certainly taught to state a premise clearly and distinctly before supporting it with facts and sound arguments.

Comment

One SDSU fan's thoughts:
          When USD officials said the Coyotes would stay D-II, I believed them.
          When USD officials flipflopped and said the Coyotes would go D-I instead, I believed them.
          The Coyotes probably will get into the Summit, but that won't solve all of USD's conference challenges. Unless the Coyotes plan to drop football, a good overall conference solution still could be years away.
          Pondering how the Coyotes might do against a mishmash of D-III, D-II and D-I teams in various sports isn't a big topic of interest for most Jacks fans. That's something for Coyote Village to talk about and enjoy.
          Yes, year one of the transition probably is the toughest. But years two, three and four are no picnic either. Don't fret, M2U, SDSU will continue to help and lead the way.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Pondering how the Coyotes might do against a mishmash of D-III, D-II and D-I teams in various sports isn't a big topic of interest for most Jacks fans.
            All the smack threads about USD would beg to differ.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
              You mean the ones that usually peter out and die unless somebody comes by and stirs the pot?
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post

Every single point on this thread is debatable except for two.
                1. You can't begin with "many SDSU fans blah blah" without verifiable facts that support that claim, or your whole argument disintegrates.
                2. SDSU went first; USD is following the leader.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  1. You can't begin with "many SDSU fans blah blah" without verifiable facts that support that claim, or your whole argument disintegrates.
                  Cool. I don't know where I made any argument that started with "many SDSU fans" anything.

And no one denies the second point, let alone me.

Comment

Actually when I say "many" it's is a term that really doesn't need any clarification as the word how used is intended to be discressionary. If I had said 5,000 Jacks fans said something that is where references and facts would be more appropriate. "Many" could be anywhere from just a handfull to infinity. If I said many people have been President of the United States it's very well true although it's rather rate for anyone to reach that distinction.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

That's right USD is following UNI, Northern Colorado, NDSU and Me2SU. When the moratorium is over many others will follow USD into D1 as well. SDSU actually has followed USD as a school. USD was first to be founded so SDSU has and will always follow USD.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Actually when I say "many" it's is a term that really doesn't need any clarification as the word how used is intended to be discressionary. If I had said 5,000 Jacks fans said something that is where references and facts would be more appropriate. "Many" could be anywhere from just a handfull to infinity. If I said many people have been President of the United States it's very well true although it's rather rate for anyone to reach that distinction.
                        So what you really mean is a "handful" of Jacks fans did this or that that you are objecting to?
                        Because although there are many, many Jacks fans, it probably doesn't reach infinity - yet.

Comment

That's right USD is following UNI, Northern Colorado, NDSU and Me2SU. When the moratorium is over many others will follow USD into D1 as well. SDSU actually has followed USD as a school. USD was first to be founded so SDSU has and will always follow USD.
                          Coyote fan that goofy sign in Vermillion that says it was started in 1862 is very misleading as classes did not start in 1862. No they began about the same time as SDSU more like 1882 or some where in that time frame. The Dakota Territory legislature designated in 1862 that a university would be started in Vermillion, but there were no funds appropiate and classes did not start until 1862. As usual your bias is showing. Now thats the facts. Plus you have had several inferior presidents that have made USD very second fiddle. President Slagle for instance was moved from Brookings to Vermillion in order to straighten out the mess down their. Slagle by the way was president at SDSU first and did a remarkable job. The governor sent him to Verminland to square things away. Also ID Weeks, what a piece of art, he was. I heard a number of stories about how poor he was in dealing with BOR and the legislature. So your precious USD does not have a follow me legacy. Why is that they are always worried about what is going on in Brookings? If you are in the lead why would you worry?

Comment

Actually when I say "many" it's is a term that really doesn't need any clarification as the word how used is intended to be discressionary.
                            1) You misspelled discretionary.

2) So what you're saying is, "I use weasel words!" Good to know.

Comment

SDSU actually has followed USD as a school.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/follow

Your statement is true per sense 1. However, USD's decision to go D-1 appears to be more along the lines of sense 7.

Danged hard for me to think of a circumstance where SDSU 'sevened' USD.

English is an amazing language. One word can have a variety of meanings!

Comment

Maybe he meant dis-creche-enary: One who dumps babies out of cribs, c.f. mercenary.

/desperately trying to make this thread the least little bit interesting
                                //percocet helps a lot towards that end
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X