Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
    I think they ended up celebrating mediocrity again.

I'd rather see our men's bball team make the Big Dance and lose in the first round than see our women's bball team win the national championship. And it's not even close. Would the majority of NDSU and SDSU fans feel the same way? I know what I think the answer is.
    Now that statement is just stupid. NDSU could get blown out in the first game and be the laughing stock of the nation. As opposed to a Cinderella team that would beat every other program including quite possibly the undefeated UConn Huskies. Come on now I prefer mens BB too but I would take even sweet 16 in the womens tournament to no win at all for the men.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Personally, I think NDSU has a good chance at picking up a win in the tourney, and I'll be rooting for them to do so. It's a great accomplishment. This thread started with some good-natured ribbing and quickly (as soon as NDSUstudent and HandoEX got going) turned into full-on smack.

A little advice about smack: It's useful to bring your sense of humor along in the smack threads. We both have teams in the tournament and I suspect the vast majority of fans from both schools will be rooting for the other. I certainly don't think it does anybody any good to run down women's athletics to build up your own team, even in a smack thread.
      If I have come across as serious, it was not my intention at all. I certainly respect what the lady bunnies have done this season and would love to see them do well in the tournament.
      I wasn't "running down" women's athletics and haven't said anything negative towards the sport of women's basketball.

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
      Now that statement is just stupid. NDSU could get blown out in the first game and be the laughing stock of the nation. As opposed to a Cinderella team that would beat every other program including quite possibly the undefeated UConn Huskies. Come on now I prefer mens BB too but I would take even sweet 16 in the womens tournament to no win at all for the men.
      To each his/her own. I don't ever remember laughing at a 12-14 seed getting beaten, or even blown out, by a 3-5 seed. Most expect the higher seed to win, which makes the upsets what they are every March.

Thanks for the entertainment to finish the work day

Comment

If I have come across as serious, it was not my intention at all.
        Ah.

Well, then, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits

Comment

People, people, the Bison are a big deal. Not as big as Italian baseball, but still a big deal.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...40/1002/sports

Basketball fans watching the men's championship game between North Dakota State and Oakland at home missed more than four minutes of action because of a late baseball game.

A World Baseball Classic clash between Venezuela and Italy was in the top of the ninth inning when the ball was tipped at the Arena at about 7:08.

Comment

Ah, next year...
            Another stellar 7 win football season, constant SportCenter coverage for the women's bball team and a possibility for the men's team to win a road game would combine for complete pandemonium across Bunny Nation!

Not having the Dakota Marker really bothers you strays from the tottering herd, doesn't it?

Why bother with such sophomoric drivel posts over here when you guys have so much to celebrate right now? Congrats on what you guys have done. Do you really have to demean other programs, even now?

Comment

I wasn't "running down" women's athletics and haven't said anything negative towards the sport of women's basketball.
              "I'd rather see our men's bball team make the Big Dance and lose in the first round than see our women's bball team win the national championship."

Perhaps you were trying to express your great respect for women's basketball when you said that? I read that as you saying that a national championship in women's basketball wouldn't be worth a bucket of warm spit. But I could be wrong. Maybe you can explain how that statement doesn't run down the sport of women's basketball?
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Not having the Dakota Marker really bothers you strays from the tottering herd, doesn't it?

Why bother with such sophomoric drivel posts over here when you guys have so much to celebrate right now? Congrats on what you guys have done. Do you really have to demean other programs, even now?
                You know, you guys are in some ways similar to UND fans. Instead of bringing up hockey in a football thread, you goofballs bring up football in a basketball thread.

With that being said, I believe this year is just the beginning of the Dakota schools dominance in MBB and WBB. Good luck in the tourney, ladies!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  "I'd rather see our men's bball team make the Big Dance and lose in the first round than see our women's bball team win the national championship."

Perhaps you were trying to express your great respect for women's basketball when you said that? I read that as you saying that a national championship in women's basketball wouldn't be worth a bucket of warm spit. But I could be wrong. Maybe you can explain how that statement doesn't run down the sport of women's basketball?
                  I haven't posted anything negative about the sport of women's bball in any way, only that I'm not all that interested in it and I don't think all that many other people are. Anyone can respect top notch athletes and the work they put in to be successfull, but that doesn't mean they have to like every sport equally.

Comment

I haven't posted anything negative about the sport of women's bball in any way, only that I'm not all that interested in it and I don't think all that many other people are. Anyone can respect top notch athletes and the work they put in to be successfull, but that doesn't mean they have to like every sport equally.
                    It's nice to see our daughters have great opportunities, not just our sons.

I love that SDSU is home of smart (GPA best 3X champs), beautiful (Miss SD, top 15 Miss America), league and national skilled female athletes.

Great matches for our skilled, smart, and nationally skilled male athletes.

Comment

OH MY GOD.... WOMENS BASKETBALL TOURNEY!!!!

HOW MANY BRACKETS CAN I FILL OUT ???

WOW, THERE"S A FOUL EVERYTIME DOWN THE COURT IN YOUR WOMEN"S GAMES..

GIMME A FREAKIN BREAK.

BRAGGIN ABOUT YOUR WOMENS TEAM and COMPARING THEM TO THE NDSU MENS DANCE TRIP IS A JOKE!!

HA HA HA... OH WOW>.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
                        OH MY GOD.... WOMENS BASKETBALL TOURNEY!!!!

HOW MANY BRACKETS CAN I FILL OUT ???

WOW, THERE"S A FOUL EVERYTIME DOWN THE COURT IN YOUR WOMEN"S GAMES..

GIMME A FREAKIN BREAK.

BRAGGIN ABOUT YOUR WOMENS TEAM and COMPARING THEM TO THE NDSU MENS DANCE TRIP IS A JOKE!!

HA HA HA... OH WOW>.....
                        wait for the ban and uproar in 3...2...1...

Comment

its A) in a SMACK THREAD (that they started)

B) its not sexist, its FACTS!

Comment

User CP > Edit Ignore List > LakesBison
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
                              its A) in a SMACK THREAD (that they started)

B) its not sexist, its FACTS!
                              This is a smack thread.
                              Your post is sexist. It is a statement of your opinion, not fact. Sexism is not tolerated on this board. You are warned (you've been warned once before on this subject but, in recognition that things get a little loose in smack, no ban [this time]).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                This is a smack thread.
                                Your post is sexist. It is a statement of your opinion, not fact. Sexism is not tolerated on this board. You are warned (you've been warned once before on this subject but, in recognition that things get a little loose in smack, no ban [this time]).
                                I think Lakes is a nut-job but i fail to see the sexism

Comment

Working...
                                X