USD at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD at it again

I don't know if this is such a big deal. It could be as simple as a mistake by the USD sports marketing people. I certainly didn't remember the baseball tourney, and I'm an SDSU fan. So I think it's possible they were just thinking about their event coming before the Summit League Tourney and took advantage of that. A little research would have been nice, but I have a hard time thinking they knew they were wrong and went with it anyway.

The media lapping it up is another matter. I'd say it's more a matter of shrinking staffs in newsrooms not having time to check every fact that they should. The balance of power between the public relations professionals and the news people has definitely tilted in favor of the PR people with the loss of staff in newsrooms.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      In fact the store in the mall had NO Jackrabbit gear. I asked a clerk, "How is it that you have Augie, USF and USD crap but no SDSU gear?" He responded, "We do have it, but it sells so fast we can't keep it in stock!" This gave me a warm feeling in my stomach.
      I have had this exact same experience. Not kidding.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        I don't know if this is such a big deal. It could be as simple as a mistake by the USD sports marketing people. I certainly didn't remember the baseball tourney, and I'm an SDSU fan. So I think it's possible they were just thinking about their event coming before the Summit League Tourney and took advantage of that. A little research would have been nice, but I have a hard time thinking they knew they were wrong and went with it anyway.

The media lapping it up is another matter. I'd say it's more a matter of shrinking staffs in newsrooms not having time to check every fact that they should. The balance of power between the public relations professionals and the news people has definitely tilted in favor of the PR people with the loss of staff in newsrooms.
        Good points but after the initial press release claiming the first D-1 Championship event on SD soil, there were enough people commenting on the inaccuracy that it was corrected in some circles (again, the RC Journal is proof: they corrected their on-line headline). Undeterred, USD media people repeated the claim in recent press releases (go to the USD website). I note, too, that the AD for some reason felt compelled to comment on it -- perhaps the new KELO reporter asked for comment -- and he seemed to downplay it a little and my read for that was he knew the claim was not entirely accurate. He didn't totally back away from it either.

Yeah, it's not a big deal. Ranks up there with attendance figures and its probably time for this thread to die away.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          I have had this exact same experience. Not kidding.
          I was in a store in Sioux City 2 weeks ago, they had a rack of SDSU stuff very well picked over, not much left. I bought a couple of shirts.

They had an abundance of USD stuff including 2 clearance racks. They had very nice pull over USD windbreakers for $8, t-shirts for $4 and hats for $8. Needless to say, they can't give the stuff away.

I am just guessing here but with the tough economic times we are likely to see more Udot stuff on the backs of people who have no idea what or who Udot or the coyotes are.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by NDSUstudent View Post
            Did I read this right? "Saturday's quarterfinal winners will meet in the 1st semifinal Monday and Sunday's quarterfinal winners will play the 2nd game Monday?" That would have the #1 and #7 seeds playing each other while the #3 and #4 seeds play each other.
            This might not be the exact quote but it's how I remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              I was in a store in Sioux City 2 weeks ago, they had a rack of SDSU stuff very well picked over, not much left. I bought a couple of shirts.

They had an abundance of USD stuff including 2 clearance racks. They had very nice pull over USD windbreakers for $8, t-shirts for $4 and hats for $8. Needless to say, they can't give the stuff away.

I am just guessing here but with the tough economic times we are likely to see more Udot stuff on the backs of people who have no idea what or who Udot or the coyotes are.
              Good points jackmd.

I've always thought the Udot stuff looked like a Cornhusker knockoff anyway.

Just nowhere near as regal as the yellow and the blue!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                Did I read this right? "Saturday's quarterfinal winners will meet in the 1st semifinal Monday and Sunday's quarterfinal winners will play the 2nd game Monday?" That would have the #1 and #7 seeds playing each other while the #3 and #4 seeds play each other.
                This might not be the exact quote but it's how I remember it.
                They are screwed up in their description. Just look at the bracket, winner of GM1 plays winner of GM3 and winner of GM2 plays winner of GM4.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/pdf4/...DB_OEM_ID=3900

Comment

EDIT: Also, Estelline Redmen fans wear red. So I guess my high school alma mater wears it as well, but there aren't that many people in Estelline so....
                  I wear red also, but because I graduated from Arlington. And I am a Huskers fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                    I wear red also, but because I graduated from Arlington. And I am a Huskers fan.
                    By my count, that's 3 strikes.

I kid, I kid.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      By my count, that's 3 strikes.

I kid, I kid.
                      At least I moved back from Washington State to go to SDSU.

Comment

Next I ventured to Scheels where there is much SDSU clothing and accessories to be had. Again, I couldn't find the shirt. No big deal. I asked the clerk there, "Which gear do you sell the most of?" She responded, "SDSU stuff hands down. The other stuff barely sells." Again the warm feeling.
                        Pretty much the same thing happened to me too. I went into Scheels about a year ago and was talking to an associate I know and saw a bunch of USD stuff and jokingly asked where all the SDSU stuff was and she told me it sold so fast it was hard for them to keep it in stock

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          Pretty much the same thing happened to me too. I went into Scheels about a year ago and was talking to an associate I know and saw a bunch of USD stuff and jokingly asked where all the SDSU stuff was and she told me it sold so fast it was hard for them to keep it in stock
                          Me three . . . almost the exact same words as KUJack was told, in fact.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I went to the Scheel's store in the mall in Rapid City a few weeks ago when they were closing out their old store and preparing to open the new one at Rushmore Crossing. They had a lot of Coyote stuff left at about 75% off but I only found 2 or 3 Jackrabbit items. I would assume that once they got to 100% off that they found some takers.
                            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I'm guessing that the Red Cross gets a lot of red Coyote gear . . .

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                                I'm guessing that the Red Cross gets a lot of red Coyote gear . . .
                                Not a smack thread . . .

Oh, sorry, I guess it IS a smack thread.

Play on!
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X