Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USD, Do They Play a Tougher Schedule Than SDSU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD, Do They Play a Tougher Schedule Than SDSU?

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
    Those are located somewhere between their D-I Compliance Manual and Title IX Guidelines.
    You got some rep points for that one!

Comment

the typical SDSU homer response. Someone states that USD and Allen wouldn't have the holes to run through against D1 teams. I prove the notion wrong with facts and the spin doctors come in and have to change the argument to something else. I was answering to one thing and one thing only and that was in regards to USD's ability to run the ball against D1 teams. The obviously can. It doesn't need to go beyond that. I have admitted time and time again about how poruous USD's defense is. It's fairly common knowledge that they don't do well against good offensive teams on the road. It's just a fact nothing more nothing less. Some of you need to stick to the argument at hand and just face the facts that you are not always right.

It's so amazing how so many of you see things through Blue and Yellow glasses. Just be objective some of the time. I sure hope if the Jacks are showing up in Vegas that many of you don't place bets because you would be going broke very quickly. SDSU is a solid football team, not bad, not spectacular just solid. It's your history to be that way. So many of you will pick the Jacks to win a game nearly every time they play. I am not affraid to upset Coyote Nation if I feel things aren't roses 100% of the time. I think some ojective thinking never hurts. If a coaching staff always looked at everything so positively that they didn't recognise their own weaknesses they would never get any better. The majority of the time it's good to stand behind your team and be rah, rah for them. Thats what fans do. But to base arguments on competely biased preconceived notions is not generally the way to go about something and be respected as having objective opinons. Many of you assume the worst when it comes to USD. Many of you assume way too much. One poster assumed USD couldn't run the ball against D1 competition. You got proved wrong so just call it a misjudgement without knowing the facts and move on. Just don't make excuses or try to change the subject to cover up being wrong. One thing I can always do is admit what I am wrong.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        I have admitted time and time again about how poruous USD's defense is. It's fairly common knowledge that they don't do well against good offensive teams on the road.
        Then you're admitting how weak the NCC is since USD's woeful defense (the one that made Augie look talented in front of that massive crowd in Sioux Falls last weekend) is at or near the top in every NCC defensive stat.

How sad is that? USD will have a very hard time winning in FCS against teams like Cal Poly that are LOADED with offensive talent. Jonathan Dally and Ramses Barden are a little better than Tyler Shulte and Tommy Ellingsworth. OK, a lot better.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I am not affraid to upset Coyote Nation if I feel things aren't roses 100% of the time.

Ha, ha, funny post! You said Coyote Nation!

Comment

It's so amazing how so many of you see things through Blue and Yellow glasses. Just be objective some of the time. I sure hope if the Jacks are showing up in Vegas that many of you don't place bets because you would be going broke very quickly. SDSU is a solid football team, not bad, not spectacular just solid. It's your history to be that way. So many of you will pick the Jacks to win a game nearly every time they play. I am not affraid to upset Coyote Nation if I feel things aren't roses 100% of the time. I think some ojective thinking never hurts. If a coaching staff always looked at everything so positively that they didn't recognise their own weaknesses they would never get any better. The majority of the time it's good to stand behind your team and be rah, rah for them. Thats what fans do. But to base arguments on competely biased preconceived notions is not generally the way to go about something and be respected as having objective opinons. Many of you assume the worst when it comes to USD. Many of you assume way too much. One poster assumed USD couldn't run the ball against D1 competition. You got proved wrong so just call it a misjudgement without knowing the facts and move on. Just don't make excuses or try to change the subject to cover up being wrong. One thing I can always do is admit what I am wrong.
            Try reading something other than the Smack threads, junior. You'll see there's plenty of objective discussion on this board about strengths and weaknesses.

Looking forward to your forthcoming list of wrongs. Please start with your short-term memory and usd fb attendance not dipping below 7K.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
              Ha, ha, funny post! You said Coyote Nation!

Rep points! Coyote Nation, what a joke! More like a large block party.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                Rep points! Coyote Nation, what a joke! More like a large block party.

SUPERBUNNY

Or a Trailer Park meet and greet!!

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Many of you assume the worst when it comes to USD. Many of you assume way too much.
                  RANT WARNING!!!!!

Coyote_Fan, it is you that is doing the majority of assuming around here. You are assuming that we give a rat's a$$ about USD on here! We're really quite over the fact that we have moved above you in virtually every regard and that distance is going to continue to widen!

What are you expecting here? Look up to the top of the page, what does it say? That's right you moron, it says SDSUFANS.com! Just where I would look to find people that are into USD athletics.

I will make an assumption just to let you justify your existence. I assume you come to SDSUFANS.COM because your own USD board is so pathetic that there are more people willing to talk smack with you here than there are on your entire board. Little league, bush league, or D2 whatever you want to call yourselves, you will always be SDSU's red-headed little step-child!

Consider your a$$ smacked!

RANT OFF!

Go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Who do I send my rebate request to? Coyote_Fan or just USD itself? I'd like my 5 minutes back. Or am I disqualified for being gullible enough to read this post in the first place? Probably DQ'd, I know. Crap
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

the typical SDSU homer response. Someone states that USD and Allen wouldn't have the holes to run through against D1 teams. I prove the notion wrong with facts and the spin doctors come in and have to change the argument to something else. I was answering to one thing and one thing only and that was in regards to USD's ability to run the ball against D1 teams. The obviously can. It doesn't need to go beyond that. I have admitted time and time again about how poruous USD's defense is. It's fairly common knowledge that they don't do well against good offensive teams on the road. It's just a fact nothing more nothing less. Some of you need to stick to the argument at hand and just face the facts that you are not always right.

So would it be okay to say that USD's defense is bad even for a DII team, and their high powered DII offense can BARELY score on a DIAA team?
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I just think that it is funny that USD can even say that they would compete in D-I FCS when they can't compete in a watered down D-II.... and you can't say that it is not watered down because by taking off SDSU, NDSU and UNC off of your schedule you are taking away 3 great programs that were respectable year in and year out yes you guys did play 1 FCS team but I guess since it was on the road it didn't count against you guys just for you because you put up 1 touchdown.... I also sometimes wonder how great your home field advantage is looking at this years schedule you guys play a bunch of D-II bottom feeders that moved to the northern sun conference because they would have a reason to under support there athletic programs...

Comment

You mean like the team that won at UC Davis this year and the team that won at UNI last year. Sounds weak to me, not. USD replaced SDSU (mediocre program), UNC (worse than mediocre) and NDSU with West Texas (better than SDSU when the Jacks were D2), McNeese State who is at least comparable to NDSU (but better considering where the Bison were at the end of their D2 days) and Winona who is probably about even with UNC right now. Also do consider that USD's record is also better than SDSU's so even if the schedule is considered weaker the record is better. At least USD has won a game on the road, same can't be said for SDSU. USD doesn't lose at home, SDSU loses there quite often.
                          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

You mean like the team that won at UC Davis this year and the team that won at UNI last year. Sounds weak to me, not. USD replaced SDSU (mediocre program), UNC (worse than mediocre) and NDSU with West Texas (better than SDSU when the Jacks were D2), McNeese State who is at least comparable to NDSU (but better considering where the Bison were at the end of their D2 days) and Winona who is probably about even with UNC right now. Also do consider that USD's record is also better than SDSU's so even if the schedule is considered weaker the record is better. At least USD has won a game on the road, same can't be said for SDSU. USD doesn't lose at home, SDSU loses there quite often.
                            A lot of speculation in the first part of this post. Fact of the matter is, nothing said is relevant for today or tomorrow. USD is not has not/does not play a DI schedule. The premise for the argument is flawed, therefore the argument itself is irrelevant (at least in my mind).
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

There's a legal saying that goes something like "don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument". I commend you on your mastery of that premise. One FACT* that needs to be considered when you start calling SDSU a mediocre program...we absolutely dominated USD and Augie in the last 20 years. Dominated.

Throw around all the "we beat so and so by 20 and they beat another team by 14 who was in the same conference as a team that lost by 2 to the team that beat you so we're better than you" logic all you want. It still doesn't get around the fact that about once every 10 years you actually beat us head-to-head. Along those same lines, we've been doing a pretty decent job so far of actually beating real D1 schools. Not DII schools who may have beaten a D1 school, but actual D1 schools. And, good schools. And, contrary to your argument, quite a few of those have been on the road.

Now, good for you for sticking up for your team and caring enough about the Yotes to actually come on this board just for the sake of stirring the pot, but just acknowledge you're stirring the pot and it will be much easier to have some fun with you.

*apologies to Jackmd for stealing his bit
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

How about we kill this thread since the guy who puts out the ratings said they aren't accurate at this time of the season. The whole system is geared for end of the year rankings.

EDIT: Oh don't kill it. I just remembered it is in the smack section.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X